Why a QB can't do it all on his own

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DSyWNsL.png

Brady is a great QB (puke). Brady is missing one of his more important pieces (Gronk). Brady suffers.

Does this = Brady sucks?

Of course not. So why is it when the Rams run through a carousel of receivers and linemen, that it equates to Bradford sucking? That's not an indictment of anyone here, because I'm proud to say we've assembled the class of the internet when it comes to rational thinking and football acumen. But back to the point. If Bradford's best weapon is Amendola, and Amendola gets injured, and Bradford suffers, why does it mean Bradford sucks? And if Bradford's best linemen are essentially all injured, and Bradford suffers, why does it mean Bradford sucks?

Help me connect the dots.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think the consistent pressure that the Ravens unleashed on Brady had as much as anything to do with his demise. Brady's line is much better than ours, but the Ravens brought more than they could handle, and then disguised it enough where Brady couldn't pick them apart.

Gronk being out is another missing piece, because he can win those one on one match-ups even if he's covered. I still think that Brady had enough weapons, and certainly more weapons than we have even without the Gronk. To me it was the pressure.

iced

Matt Ryan throws for 396, 3 Td/1 pick...

he's not the culprit but i did have a nice arguement about Ryan - friends don't think he's elite. I do.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Team effort. Not only the players on the field, but the coaches as well.

And apparently if the Rams made the playoffs we'd be going to the Super Bowl, because we're the only ones who can handle the NFC West or this scrambling QB/Pistol/Option offense.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
iced said:
Matt Ryan throws for 396, 3 Td/1 pick...

he's not the culprit but i did have a nice arguement about Ryan - friends don't think he's elite. I do.

The last 2 games Ryan threw big INTs that pretty much turned that momentum thing around. Atlanta outplayed SF but that turnover cost them. Gotta wonder why they didn't try to run (Turner or not) or use more of the screen game. I thought that was there M.O. but I don't think they used it once.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Anyone who says that Bradford "sucks", is either football illiterate or has an agenda. Bradford is a decent QB to this point in his career. I believe he still ranks in the lower third of the league thus far. To argue that he is a great or elite QB or even very good QB is just as delusional as saying he sucks at this point.

I think most of us see the potential with SB, and his skill set should be obvious to anyone who actually watches the games subjectively. At some point, the Rams and Sam have to take this offense to the next level. That is why I suspect OL and WR/TE will be addressed toot sweet in the offseason/draft. No more excuses.

fearsomefour

Legend
Despite what ESPN will try to convince people Brady doesnt work well with pressure. Most QBs dont, this part of what made Warner so exceptional. When pressure comes Bradys way he plays small and scared and just looks to dump the ball. In other words, while he is very good, he is also over rated.

Bradford also doesnt deal well with pressure at this point. Granted, Bradford has had to deal with more pressure in his short career. But, you can see his eyes come down and hold, hold, hold the ball. The second part of this year he did make some progress in this regard.

Saying Brady sucks because he doesnt handle a pass rush that well is like saying the Rams are better than the Whiners because they didnt lose to them....there is no NFC Title-by proxy. The Whiners are better, Brady is very good and the jury is out on Bradford.

nighttrain

Legend
i believe that Fisher/Shott let Sam loose the last two games, i mean as audible at the line of scrimmage. I thot SB handled it well, and with this off season we will be looking at a very good QB next season..It was Fisher in an interview after the last game, where he, Fisher, said SB was getting through all his progressions the last two games, and changing calls...

this is in contrast to Kaep who looks once and runs...Wilson also fits this catagory.. Seeing the 3rd read is Major..And running QB's usually dont develope this as quickly as drop back passers
train