Who's Coming/going From Roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Considering the team that was on the 53 in Seattle, plus the IR guys, and you look at that # as a whole. (One of you kind folks could surely come up with that # I suppose).

Then figure 6-8 draftees depending on trades and what not, 3-6 FA's including vet min guys mostly w/possibly 1-2 big splashes, and 2-3 UDFA's (this # should be lower now that roster has greatly increased in talent)...that gives you, by my calculations, 11-17 "new" Rams for 2014 season.

Who wants to start whacking away @ the roster as to how we get that many openings?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Then figure 6-8 draftees depending on trades and what not, 3-6 FA's including vet min guys mostly w/possibly 1-2 big splashes, and 2-3 UDFA's (this # should be lower now that roster has greatly increased in talent)...that gives you, by my calculations, 11-17 "new" Rams for 2014 season.

Who wants to start whacking away @ the roster as to how we get that many openings?[/quote]

considering the result of our fa signing so far hopefully we don't sign many of those. if we only signed 1 or 2 fa that would save us 3 to 4 spots. then cut back on draft picks like this. if shaffold is resigned draft clowny1st pick, 2nd pick best cb, 3rd pick best s, 4th pick best ot then trade 4 5 6 7 th rd picks for another 3rd rd pick and take best og. my reasoning for going df so heavy is fisher offence is never going to be in the top 5 but the defense within a year or 2 should be could even be#1. if we don't resign shaffold then that leaves 2 many holes on of so draft watkins 1st [ to good to pass up] 2nd best ot 3rd best og 4th best og then trade 4 5 6 7 for 3rd pick and get best cb. this could save us 8 cuts then we let training camp decide the rest.also this gives us a better chance to hit elite players and gets us out of the cut this year rookies for next years and on and on. this would help on special teams. remember this year all the early penaltys and mistakes

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i can tell you where to start

finnegan, dahl, wells

I dont disagree but I think in the end 2 of the 3 end up taking big haircuts and staying..porbably finn and 1 of the other two.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hmm... too early for me to say who is coming. But I'm gonna say Watkins for the fun of it.

"Going" for me is Wells, Finnegan, Dahl, and Smith/Williams. I'd say we're gonna see several new faces in the interior of our OL.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd like to see Dahl restructured. Finny needs to go to make room for our current guys plus incoming talent.
Wells is damaged goods IMO. My first cut.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OK let me throw this out....first ...I for one believe the Rams have not gotten anything close in exchange for the 13 million they have provided center Scott Wells for the 2012 & 2013 seasons. I would love for anyone to come up for a bonified legit reason for the Ram org. keep & pay Wells another 5.5 mil for another a third round after the first two round flops!....

No takers I understand Ok let me try this....what if.....Boudreau has thought that the best two starting young OG's on his 2014 roster are the two reserve Ram centers ??? ......Tim Barnes 6-4 306 & Barrett Jones 6-5 308. When I review all of the OL'ers the Rams have under contract Long, Wells, Barksdale, Dahl, Jones, Washington, Persons & Hooey..I consider Wells the second best Ram OL when healthy & playing! Problem of course both Long & Wells will try to return from the IR. I have very little interest in resigning three of our four starting OG's Chris Williams, Harvey Dahl, Shelley Smith. The 4th OG Saffold is a UFA & has a injury riddled history that will be much like the already injury riddled past of Wells/Long & Dahl! I do not expect to see him back in a Ram uniform.

Trying to start the 2014 season with no original 2013 season starter is a very serious undertaking! Have you thought about that? Rams must improve their OL but resigning poor playing past starters like CW & SS is just foolish Keeping Harvey Dahl for 4 mil who could not outplay either of them is also very foolish. Boudreau have invested time & energy this season in four Waver Wire Contingent candidates....Barksdale 3 yr vet (OLT/ORT) -Washington 2 yr vet(OLG/ORG)-Barnes 3 yr vet (OC/ORG/OLG) & Persons 2 yr vet(OLG/ORG). Throw in drafted rookie Barrett Jones who has played all five OL posts in College & in pre season saw him play OC/OG.

Having said all the above....Scott Wells when healthy this past season was working well & would help Boudreau greatly when this 2014 OL is just about completely rebuilt. Thus leaving the Rams two returning back up centers available for other interior duties.

OT- Barksdale/Hooey/Long
OG- Washington/Persons
OC- Wells/Jones/Barnes

Last edited by a moderator:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll take my chances with Barnes and Jones at Center. Rams need to cut their losses with Wells. It appears that Green Bay saw these injuries coming. Wells played well last season but he's done.