Who Won The Bradford Foles Trade? Cast Your vote!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who won the Bradford Foles trade? Make your voice heard.

• Love the trade! The Rams killed it!

• I don't like Foles. Rams should have stuck with Bradford.

• Wait and see.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I watched the Foles video that another poster put out there. Almost every single touchdown went to a guy you wont be seeing in Philly anymore.

Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy; Those guys are gone. Bradford shows up right in time to see no support. Yet another organization that expects him to carry the mail by himself. I would have loved to see Bradford show up in a town that had a system in place waiting for his skill set. I still think he is amongst the most gifted QB's I have ever seen. I guess Philly does too, as they have given up all of their playmakers, and a few draft picks, to watch him throw to Cooper!

I really wish that the royal we would have got to see how good Bradford is. As a Rams fan, I will move on. I will also always wonder what could have been.

I also must point out that I had an unexpected bunch of vodka tonight, so I apologize in advance if my ramblings are off base.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nick Foles looks like Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynomite) with straight blonde hair.

I dunno why, but that's a positive in my book.

Nick-Foles.jpg

Shawnbb158

Starter
if it was 100% healthy qb for a year vs 100% healthy qb for a year we would lose but we get a 2nd next year plus up this year. foles has a great arm, needs some coaching to understand the game but thats what wienke is for... lol

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Am I the only one who's unhappy with this trade?

If Bradford is healthy, he's definitely the better player, and even if you combine the 2nd round pick, he's still the better player.

I honestly believe that you can win the Superbowl with Bradford as your QB. You can't with Foles.

Foles had one good season when he had Desean Jackson and Maclin along with a great O line. We have none of those things (though Brian Quick was really coming on last year before he got hurt). In fact we only have two offensive line starters. Look at how Foles did last year after the league had tape and studied him. Look at how well he did without Jackson

I don't see how this makes us a better team.

I want the Rams to win the Superbowl, and though I'll root for Foles (because he's a Rams QB) I don't think he will ever get us there.

Not only that, but because the Rams are decent, we'll never be in a position to draft a potential franchise, superbowl type QB (unless we luck out like Green Bay with Rogers or New England with Brady)

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I also think we escaped a dangerous future situation. If Bradford had a good year there would have been a lot of pressure to resign him to a hefty multiyear deal - with his injury history that is a big risk. If he had a great year we would have had to sign him to a BIG deal - once again with that big future risk.

I know it sounds weird but I actually this nightmare situation where Sam had a good year, the Rams lock in on him and he immediately gets hurt again....setting them back for years....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team, believe it or not, is on verge of being a contender if we are able to make a few key signings. This trade gives us that ability. If nothing else, we audition Foles for next year.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
We got Foles and traded this year's 5th for the Eagles 4th this year. Also got rid of Bradford's salary and the hype of being a #1 pick. We don't need Foles to play lights out, just better than average which I think he is more than capable of doing. Now the Rams have a solid option at QB who is better than Moore, Schaub Lewis and anyone on the street. They have also free'd up a bunch of cap room and will be flexible to bring in quality and retain our own talent. Love this trade even without knowing the conditional mid rounders next year. Now we all have a vested interest in seeing Bradford do well, I would love to get 2nd in 2016 and see him healthy and productive.

Couldn't agree more. We'll all be able to judge this trade a lot better after this year, but at first glance, it looks like it was a great deal for the Rams. I hate saying and admitting that because I've been a big Sam Bradford fan since we drafted him. Just seems like a good guy and works hard but never has had the breaks in the NFL... I hope he does do well in Philly or wherever he ends up because I like the guy.

But, as a Rams fan, I think it was a great trade. Just to get rid of the salary alone is huge. We can get 2 very good players for that money to help this team. Plus the #2 next year and Foles? Wow. I'm still shocked that Chip Kelly made this move and scratching my head wondering why!

BadCompany

Rookie
Bradford has huge upside and if he can stay healthy, Philly will have a tremendous player. However, if Foles can help the team put 24 points up per game, the Rams will win 10 games. With the cap savings and a young experienced player added to the fold, extra high draft choice(s), the Rams got tremendous value. Potentially, this is a win for both teams...but for now, the Rams look like they can't lose. (Unless they don't spend any of the savings on FAs who were not on the team last year.)

That's kind of how I view it. Given Bradford's history and all that the return on him was outstanding. Couldn't have asked for much better, really. Or at least not realistically. I like Bradford, and obviously I like the Rams, so I hope this deal works out for both teams, that Foles is the stability at QB that we need, and that Bradford finally realizes his potential and lights up the NFL. At least until the Conference Finals game anyways, when we shut him down. :)

Plus, a healthy and productive Bradford means we don't have to give back any picks.

However...

If Bradford is healthy, he's definitely the better player, and even if you combine the 2nd round pick, he's still the better player.

I honestly believe that you can win the Superbowl with Bradford as your QB. You can't with Foles.

Foles had one good season when he had Desean Jackson and Maclin along with a great O line. We have none of those things (though Brian Quick was really coming on last year before he got hurt). In fact we only have two offensive line starters. Look at how Foles did last year after the league had tape and studied him. Look at how well he did without Jackson

I want the Rams to win the Superbowl, and though I'll root for Foles (because he's a Rams QB) I don't think he will ever get us there.

Not only that, but because the Rams are decent, we'll never be in a position to draft a potential franchise, superbowl type QB (unless we luck out like Green Bay with Rogers or New England with Brady)

This is my concern. I believe, or at least I hope, that Foles is an above average QB. But is a he a "very good" QB? One that can win you a Super Bowl? That's the goal, right? I believe that Bradford has the talent to be that Super Bowl winning QB, but of course his health is a major question mark. He can't win it if he's not playing. Did we give up a faint shot at winning it all to get a much better shot of "just" being a playoff team? I know this is the Rams we are talking about, and I, like most fans, would be very happy with "just" making the playoffs, after the decades of futility, but I also don't want to get into that category of "not quite good enough".

Having said that, as I said above we got a very good return for a player that we would never be able to fully trust. Let's make the playoffs first, and then I guess we can worry about whether or not Foles is the guy to push us over the top. Cart, horse, and the proper ordering thereof, and all that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not understanding the whole "If Bradford is healthy, he's definitely the better player" bit. When has he ever demonstrated an upside like Foles did in 2013? I am down with all the untapped potential of Bradford and no doubt has the potential to be the franchise QB we wanted. But I cant agree that he ever did it. Sure Foles had some weapons to throw to and a great system. But so does Brees, is Sam better than him too?

In any event, I love the trade because it gives us the flexibility we wanted to have with Sam, at a fraction of the cost. And now getting back the 2nd rounder from Philly in 2016 puts us in a great position to trade up next year in a draft class that looks to have more QB talent.

V3

Hall of Fame
I also think we escaped a dangerous future situation. If Bradford had a good year there would have been a lot of pressure to resign him to a hefty multiyear deal - with his injury history that is a big risk. If he had a great year we would have had to sign him to a BIG deal - once again with that big future risk.

I know it sounds weird but I actually this nightmare situation where Sam had a good year, the Rams lock in on him and he immediately gets hurt again....setting them back for years....
This is what I've been saying. There's just no way I can ever give Bradford another contract- even with a great year next season. I just don't trust him to stay healthy. He might have a year or two where he plays the whole season but I seriously doubt he'll make it much longer than that. I fully expect him to get injured again at some point. I just can't get behind giving a huge contract to a player that you have no idea if he'll be able to play a whole season.

That, alone, is a huge factor with me.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally depends on a) Sam's knee, and b) whether we get 2013 Nick Foles or 2014 Nick Foles.
Totally agree.

To me, it's like draft picks... can't really judge them for a while.

I think if Bradford can stay upright and thrive in Kelly's "system", he has the physical skills to be a very good QB... something he never really was here (at least not consistently for any length of time).

Foles? Like you say... will we be getting the 2013 version? Or the 2014 version? Huge difference.

Was it that opponents got enough tape on him to throw him off? I didn't watch a lot of Philly games, but I know he had a rough year before getting injured. Was he injured before he broke the clavicle? Lots of questions to me.

One other thought regarding Foles. When I compare the offensive intelligence of Chip Kelly and Pat Shurmur against Jeff Fisher and Frank Cignetti... if Foles struggled last year with Kelly and Shurmur (and what I would consider better weapons than what is currently on the Rams), I hope he doesn't run into a bigger wall with the Rams (Fisher and Cignetti).

If nothing else, this should be fun to watch! Hope we get the 2013 Foles and the new offense is effective right out of the gates.

We need that badly.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't know why Bradford is considered the slam dunk better QB of the two.

Foles has better numbers. He has a better win/loss record. He was in the Pro Bowl(granted he made it as an alternate). He has been healthier than Bradford. Even when healthy Sam Bradford was not Peyton Manning and I'm not sure many people thought he would be. And the Rams offense is set up for a decent quarterback to properly manage the game.

In all fairness to Bradford, I get all the things he had working against him, shuffling OCs, no wide receivers and a terrible O line. I think Sam, IF healthy can be a quality quarterback. I see no reason why Nick Foles can't provide what the Rams need to win games.

Throw in the cap relief, and picks the Rams acquired(no one believes the Rams lost on that end)and the deal looks very good.

I feel very good about the deal and can't wait for the draft.

Now if this all goes sour I want this post deleted and ignored and I want everyone to agree that I never really wrote it.:whistle: