Who Won The Bradford Foles Trade? Cast Your vote!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who won the Bradford Foles trade? Make your voice heard.

• Love the trade! The Rams killed it!

• I don't like Foles. Rams should have stuck with Bradford.

• Wait and see.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The eagles definitely took the bigger gamble, but it might pay off. If Bradford plays all year, he might do very well in that offense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Voted that I loved the trade for the following reasons:

1. Replaced a very injury-prone player with a more likely to stay healthy option.
2. Improved our draft selection in this draft from 5th to 4th round.
3. Improved our draft selection in next year's draft as well.

Those pick benefits are pretty nice and should end up putting that trade in our favor. Snead just has to hit on them and he's gonna get a lot more value in this draft in the fourth round than he would have in the fifth.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Voted that I loved the trade for the following reasons:

1. Replaced a very injury-prone player with a more likely to stay healthy option.
2. Improved our draft selection in this draft from 5th to 4th round.
3. Improved our draft selection in next year's draft as well.

Those pick benefits are pretty nice and should end up putting that trade in our favor. Snead just has to hit on them and he's gonna get a lot more value in this draft in the fourth round than he would have in the fifth.
Only thing you left out was cap savings, big win for us there as well.

Cory

UDFA
I felt that this was sam's last year in STL. So saying that, we got a 4th for a 5th and a 2nd for a 3rd or a 4th at worst. We also saved 11 or so mill in cap. I think we won this easily.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Give me Foles with a real rookie contract over another season with Bradford sitting on the bench getting paid like Peyton Manning Anyday.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Foles should be ready to play now. Which is important, since he's learning a new system.
If he can play all 16, I'll be pleased.
Stability at the qb position will be welcomed.

I hope Sam has some great years ahead of him. He got a raw deal here earlier in his career. Followed by his body let him down.

I'm very disappointed that his career as a Ram, was filled with team instability and frustration.
I hope we didn't screw him up too badly.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
On the trade details - it says if Bradford doesn't play at ALL then the Eagles get our 3rd round 2016 pick. Q. Does this apply IF the Eagles trade Bradford before the season???

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hard to tell right now. But with the way Snead is working the NFC East, if I'm Snyder or Jones, I'm holding my nuts.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
On the trade details - it says if Bradford doesn't play at ALL then the Eagles get our 3rd round 2016 pick. Q. Does this apply IF the Eagles trade Bradford before the season???
Unsure. I would think those conditions would apply towards the new team if he is traded. But again, who knows at this point.

…..

Legend
The pics were unexpected. I think the Rams killed it. I love Sam and love the thought of Sam doin well with the Rams....but the risk was too much to bare......we traded away damaged goods. That 2nd rounder is going to be a guy that wont be holding a clipboard and wont be in rehab.

I wish Sam luck.

The only thing we dont know is how well this team will play with Foles as the leader.

To be honest....no one could have blamed the Rams for trading Bradford for just the 2nd round pick. Foles is a bonus

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sort of interesting, might as well put it here;

Foles is a year younger at 26.

Anyone know Foles is listed as 6'6"? I didn't know he was that tall.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
When healthy I think Bradford is a more talented QB than Foles, although Foles can be solid. The wait and see part is whether or not Bradford will be healthy. Getting a 4th for a 5th this year and a 2nd next year (possibly giving up a 4th or a 3rd depending on Bradford's PT) balances out this trade. The cap savings combined with the risk of sticking with Bradford swings this trade in our favor.

IMO the biggest risk was taken by Philly.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I think we won this trade with the picks and cap savings but most of all we got a Qb that can make the throws needed down field and can manage the game.How many times did Hill or Davis under throw our wide open wr or just flat out missed them,it will be nice to see big plays from our offense this year.

jjab360

Legend
Sam Bradford is the better QB by a small margin. More accurate, better mechanics, make better decisions. Foles is the more agressive passer and has a better pocket presence.

But then you consider Sam's 17 million dollar cap hit vs. Foles' 1.3 million cap hit, and the fact that Bradford hasn't even played since the middle of 2013 because of two season ending ACL surgeries vs. Foles' collarbone injury which technically ended his season but he would've been able to play through late in the season by all accounts. When you take into account those factors on a Rams team strapped for cash and tired of losing their starting QB over and over, I'd be willing to trade Bradford for Foles straight up even though he's the slightly better QB.

And then you throw in at worst a trade up from the 3rd to 2nd round next year, at best a 2nd round pick straight up, and a small trade up from the 4th to 5th this year and it makes you wonder wtf Chip Kelly is thinking.

Rams won this trade hands down.

Penguin.

Rookie
Bradford is more talented, but he is more injury prone. Foles also seems to get injured albeit less than Bradford. We went for stability opposed to talent. I kind of agree.

Big Willie

Starter
Bradford has huge upside and if he can stay healthy, Philly will have a tremendous player. However, if Foles can help the team put 24 points up per game, the Rams will win 10 games. With the cap savings and a young experienced player added to the fold, extra high draft choice(s), the Rams got tremendous value. Potentially, this is a win for both teams...but for now, the Rams look like they can't lose. (Unless they don't spend any of the savings on FAs who were not on the team last year.)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's a tentative "we killed it." If Foles is even above average and we can get our OL fixed/run game going, we are in very good shape, and we get an extra 2nd round pick next year. Plus we effectively moved up to the 4th round from the 5th this year and kept our #10 overall.

Of course, if Foles stinks, or Rams luck prevails and Bradford goes on to throw for 6500 yards, 75 TD's vs. one INT (always possible once a QB becomes an EX Ram), then I might feel different about it.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford's injury situation made it very hard for me to have much confidence going into the season. Look how easily he went out last year. You basically had to cringe every time another player was close to him. We got a QB that is a little healthier and still has the potential to be a very good QB.
We now have the cap space to fill just about all of our needs which allows us to take the BPA at the draft and not reach for certain positions. We also moved up a round in the draft this year and possibly get another high pick next year.
I feel relieved because Bradford scared the hell out of me.