Who to start against Denver @ Right OT with Barksdale out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With today's news on our current #1 team Right OT Joe Barksdale out for this important third preseason game & our often injured starting Right OT Saffold still recovering from the first series first quarter first preseason game shoulder dislocation very questionable who will start @ ORT?

Playing Saffold would be most fans answer since he did return to the first unit on Aug 21 last week. Fisher says he is expected to start. But it sure has some serious risks to it.... already brittle & always injured regular self Saffold could do permanent damage to that shoulder in its current weak state but on the flip side Saffold's positional change is still far from completed. After Barksdale good second game & based on his past history of injuries is there a big need to force this issue tonight? If Fisher plays Saffold I sure hope they secure that left shoulder with a serious strong brace to ensure it stays in place?

Other players who have played ORT are Williams, Washington, Hooey & Young sure could get an extended long look here. Williams has not looked good @ ORT play. Brandon Washington has fared no better. Hooey not worth a word here & Young is far from any real consideration too. Nsekhe has played some ORT but is so much better @ OLT.

I tend to prefer to rest Saffold base on Barksdale slow trending upward improvement. I would like to see Nsekhe- Williams & Washington get much of the action myself to see who might be the Ram best answer when Barksdale & Saffold are unable to play Right OT this season.

One other OL remark is on how well center Tim Barnes has looked @ Left OG. In the Packer game Barnes got a boat load of time @ OLG. Barrett Jones also got a heavy load of playing time too strictly @ center. Barnes surprised work might cause some rethinking with the OL'ers involved in the OLG battle.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Re: Who to start against Denver @ Right OT with Barksdale ou

BonifayRam said:
With today's news on our current #1 team Right OT Joe Barksdale out for this important third preseason game & our often injured starting Right OT Saffold still recovering from the first series first quarter first preseason game shoulder dislocation very questionable who will start @ ORT?

Playing Saffold would be most fans answer since he did return to the first unit on Aug 21 last week. Fisher says he is expected to start. But it sure has some serious risks to it.... already brittle & always injured regular self Saffold could do permanent damage to that shoulder in its current weak state but on the flip side Saffold's positional change is still far from completed. After Barksdale good second game & based on his past history of injuries is there a big need to force this issue tonight? If Fisher plays Saffold I sure hope they secure that left shoulder with a serious strong brace to ensure it stays in place?

Other players who have played ORT are Williams, Washington, Hooey & Young sure could get an extended long look here. Williams has not looked good @ ORT play. Brandon Washington has fared no better. Hooey not worth a word here & Young is far from any real consideration too. Nsekhe has played some ORT but is so much better @ OLT.

I tend to prefer to rest Saffold base on Barksdale slow trending upward improvement. I would like to see Nsekhe- Williams & Washington get much of the action myself to see who might be the Ram best answer when Barksdale & Saffold are unable to play Right OT this season.

One other OL remark is on how well center Tim Barnes has looked @ Left OG. In the Packer game Barnes got a boat load of time @ OLG. Barrett Jones also got a heavy load of playing time too strictly @ center. Barnes surprised work might cause some rethinking with the OL'ers involved in the OLG battle.

If we cant trust Saffold to play tonight, we wont be able to trust him ever. He starts

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I agree. Sit Saffold.

It probably won't happen, but you could shift Dahl outside and Barrett Jones starts at RG.

My guess; It's Brandon Washington at RT tonight.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

CGI_Ram said:
I agree. Sit Saffold.

It probably won't happen, but you could shift Dahl outside and Barrett Jones starts at RG.

My guess; It's Brandon Washington at RT tonight.
Maybe Williams gets a little more time here too, and Young, but face it, we suck at Tackle depth. I feel sorry for the QB. Saffold will have to play some, or we''ll have to help on that side on every play.

A55VA6

Legend

I'm nervous about that RT spot tonight. We'll just have to see who plays it.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Saffold will start, but I don't want him to play very much.

If we have give Bradford a short night then so be it.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter

play Saffold two or three series, to make sure Bradford doesn't get killed, and then when Bradford is done, get a look at all the other guys.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

bluecoconuts said:

We will flip-flop the third and fourth preseason game philosophy, because of the RT situation. Starters will play more next week.

jap

Legend

DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:

We will flip-flop the third and fourth preseason game philosophy, because of the RT situation. Starters will play more next week.

If I recall correctly, Fish flip-flopped preseason games 3 & 4 last pre-season too because he wanted his starters fully geared up for Week One.