Who should stay? (in your opinion)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Exclusive Rights Free Agents (6)

QB Tom Brandstater
WR Dominique Curry
DT Jermelle Cudjo
OL Bryan Mattison
FB Brit Miller
S Darian Stewart

Restricted Free Agents (2)

DE C.J. Ah You
WR Danny Amendola

Unrestricted Free Agents (21)

QB Kellen Clemens
QB A.J. Feeley
RB Jerious Norwood
RB Cadillac Williams
WR Mark Clayton
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Billy Bajema
TE Stephen Spach
OL Jacob Bell
OL Adam Goldberg
OL Mark LeVoir
OL Tony Wragge
DT Gary Gibson
LB Chris Chamberlain
LB Bryan Kehl
LB Brady Poppinga
CB Al Harris
CB Rod Hood
CB Justin King
S James Butler
P Donnie Jones

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
X said:

S Darian Stewart

WR Danny Amendola

QB Kellen Clemens
WR Brandon Lloyd
OL Jacob Bell
OL Tony Wragge
LB Chris Chamberlain
LB Bryan Kehl
CB Rod Hood
P Donnie Jones

I feel like that's a good start as far as churning goes. Sorry to let Curry walk X, dude just can't stay on the field. I like Ah-You, but his niche seemed to be as a situational guy, and I'm not sure if he fits into G-Will's wheelhouse. Besides, they need to free up more play time for Quinn and Hall could come in fresh off the bench just as effectively as Ah-You.

Time to let Feeley walk into the sunset, Clemens is Schott's guy. I'd like to see them hang onto Lloyd, but c'mon; did you see all those drops the Pats had for Brady in the Super Bowl?! And who's their OC now? See what I'm hinting at? Lloyd has a bigger pay day coming than what the Rams can offer him.

I'd keep Bell in hoping that Fisher can gleam a little something more out of him, and Wragge might need to be a starting Center next season.

I wasn't a fan of bringing in Leber/Poppinga over younger guys, so I let him search for greener pastures out of spite. I really liked the job Kehl did though. I kept Hood because he can take a deal for a Vet's minimum and let King walk because I believe there will be at least two new bodies competing for time at CB.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Miller, Amendola, Chombers, Clemens, Bell, Jones, and Goldberg (only b/c he's the players rep.).

Lesson

Oh, really?
Kehl, Chambo, Lloyd, Amendola, Stewart, Mattison, Clemens, Jones, Bell.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner4Prez said:
X said:

S Darian Stewart

WR Danny Amendola

QB Kellen Clemens
WR Brandon Lloyd
OL Jacob Bell
OL Tony Wragge
LB Chris Chamberlain
LB Bryan Kehl
CB Rod Hood
P Donnie Jones

I feel like that's a good start as far as churning goes. Sorry to let Curry walk X, dude just can't stay on the field. I like Ah-You, but his niche seemed to be as a situational guy, and I'm not sure if he fits into G-Will's wheelhouse. Besides, they need to free up more play time for Quinn and Hall could come in fresh off the bench just as effectively as Ah-You.

Time to let Feeley walk into the sunset, Clemens is Schott's guy. I'd like to see them hang onto Lloyd, but c'mon; did you see all those drops the Pats had for Brady in the Super Bowl?! And who's their OC now? See what I'm hinting at? Lloyd has a bigger pay day coming than what the Rams can offer him.

I'd keep Bell in hoping that Fisher can gleam a little something more out of him, and Wragge might need to be a starting Center next season.

I wasn't a fan of bringing in Leber/Poppinga over younger guys, so I let him search for greener pastures out of spite. I really liked the job Kehl did though. I kept Hood because he can take a deal for a Vet's minimum and let King walk because I believe there will be at least two new bodies competing for time at CB.
Obviously I'm a huge Curry fan. That dude is a straight up special teams ACE. I know that as a non-starter he's expendable (somewhat), but we better have a plan to replace him with someone equally as productive on special teams if he does get cut. Can't create a weakness. Honestly I'd like to see him get some reps at receiver during camp. A real honest-to-goodness chance. Big, big guy with great range. And he's only in his second year (with his first, as you said, injured).

Is my man-crush showing here? :oops:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Exclusive Rights Free Agents

DT Jermelle Cudjo
S Darian Stewart

Restricted Free Agents

WR Danny Amendola

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB Kellen Clemens
OL Tony Wragge

I like Cudjo as a prospect, and we desperately need a youth movement at defensive tackle. He's probably the only one of the DTs who isn't Robbins (whom we might not keep) that has pass-rushing potential. I honestly can't see Fisher giving Scott or Gibson another year; in fact, I think it's more likely that he cleans house (expect, maybe Bannan; he has a long-term deal, and I thought he was the best run-stopping DT we had). I see no reason not to give Cudjo another shot, if only because of the failure of everyone else.

Amendola and Stewart need to be retained, and I don't have to rehash the reasons why. Kellen Clemens is a much better option than Feeley; he's younger, cheaper, and he knows the system. Wragge can play every position on the line; he's the perfect backup offensive lineman.

I can see every other player on that list being released or not being resigned, even guys like Chamberlain and Jones.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
ERFAs:
Curry, Cudjo, and Stewart

RFA:
Amendola

UFAs:
Clemens, Lloyd, Bell, LeVoir, Kehl, and Harris(please let him become some sort of assistant coach)

Of the UFAs i put pirority on Kehl and Lloyd. Would love to see Bell come back at a discount. I think LeVoir offers more upside as a backup swing OT than Goldy, cheaper too.

I think the new 46 man active gameday roster allows us to keep Curry.

Anonymous

QB Tom Brandstater
WR Dominique Curry
DT Jermelle Cudjo

OL Bryan Mattison
FB Brit Miller
S Darian Stewart

DE C.J. Ah You
WR Danny Amendola

QB Kellen Clemens
QB A.J. Feeley
RB Jerious Norwood
RB Cadillac Williams
WR Mark Clayton
WR Brandon Lloyd

TE Billy Bajema
TE Stephen Spach
OL Jacob Bell
OL Adam Goldberg
OL Mark LeVoir
OL Tony Wragge
DT Gary Gibson
LB Chris Chamberlain
LB Bryan Kehl

LB Brady Poppinga
CB Al Harris
CB Rod Hood
CB Justin King
S James Butler
P Donnie Jones

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
X said:

WR Dominique Curry
DT Jermelle Cudjo
OL Bryan Mattison

S Darian Stewart

DE C.J. Ah You
WR Danny Amendola

QB Kellen Clemens

WR Brandon Lloyd
LB Chris Chamberlain
P Donnie Jones

this is my wish list

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK... I realize this is a lot of players to keep out of this list but I will try to make sense of my logic. Of course a lot of it is that I don't like cutting players just to cut them. Y'know, the grass is always greener until you cross that fence. Also, replacing all these players with better talent seems like a tall order for ANYONE. If you are going to get rid of them, you have to be replacing them with better talent - right? Just not sure that is real feasible or that we have the money for that many upgrades.

WR Dominique Curry - Great on ST (Got your back Paulie), also has good size and always plays hard. He's that guy that will do whatever you need him to do.
DT Jermelle Cudjo - The name. Oh... and he is ok in rotation.
FB Brit Miller - I like his return abilities. I'd put him back there way before Petis or Salas.
S Darian Stewart - Simply - I think he's going to be real good. He's young and a developing talent.

DE C.J. Ah You - Decent depth guy. Probably can keep him with out spending the cap money it might take to replace him.
WR Danny Amendola - Just gets it done. No WAY do I not try to bring back Danny.

QB Kellen Clemens - Could probably actually start for a few teams. Personally, I think he is better than the likes of Sanchez. He also knows Shotty.
WR Brandon Lloyd - If he doesn't think he is worth more than he is. He expects to get paid and he should. Just hope he is reasonable.
OL Jacob Bell - depth - but meh.
OL Adam Goldberg - depth - and he can play pretty much any position along the line. I also think he played RT better than Smith when asked to step in.
OL Tony Wragge - potentially a starter in 2012
LB Chris Chamberlain - The dude plays with heart and frankly, at some point we need to keep our draftees and build loyalty within the players.
CB Al Harris - Probably will come cheap. I still think he has some gas in the tank and he simply knows how to play in the NFL.
CB Rod Hood - If the Rod Hood that played with the Cards comes back then ok - otherwise.... meh.
CB Justin King - May never be a star but I think will always be a contributor
S James Butler - Yeah... not sure which way Butler is heading. I could go either way on him.
P Donnie Jones - Dude punted almost 7 times a game last year and still only had one blocked. Good average per punt. Certainly one of the top ten or fifteen punters in the game right now. Had 2nd most balls fair caught for all punters.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a lot of retention there, Stu. I wouldn't make Britt (Chubby Domination) Miller a returner. He is very good on special teams though. And Harris retired, so I'd keep him too - but as an assistant DB coach or something. We know for sure that he wants to coach now, so I'd try to get him in here somehow. Problem is, he probably has more loyalty to Green Bay.

steferfootball

Starter
S Darian Stewart

DE C.J. Ah You (Depth)
WR Danny Amendola

QB Kellen Clemens (Depth)
RB Cadillac Williams (Depth)
WR Brandon Lloyd
OL Adam Goldberg (Depth)
OL Mark LeVoir (Depth)
OL Tony Wragge (Depth)
CB Rod Hood (Depth)
P Donnie Jones

These are the guys I'd like to see back. Obviously if you can get an upgrade for one of them, you do it. Goldburg simply doesn't have a LT skillset, but is valuable in the other four positions. LeVoir played okay when healthy and Wragge Played okay too.

I think Caddie's issues were just a fluke, cause everyone in Tampa still loves him. I see potential in him.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I wouldnt mind seeing Norwood get another shot. He was rarely healthy tho, and made very little contributions when he finally did get healthy towards the end of the season. I do remember the 101espn radio guys always speaking highly of him when they saw him practice.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
That's a lot of retention there, Stu. I wouldn't make Britt (Chubby Domination) Miller a returner.
Oop... I was thinking Nick. :oops:

Yeah, I realize that is a lot of retention. But how many non FAs are slated for the chopping block as well? I made this list without looking over the entire 53. Maybe I'll do that to see how many of holes we will likely have to fill as the ax starts to fall.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
K - I see 23 players that are IMO not wearing horns next season. Some are FAs, others, just not very good.

Say they kill in the draft. That would leave 16 positions to fill through FA. Are we going to fill 16(likely more) spots with upgrades from what we have now? And that is keeping the FAs I thought we should keep.

I have no problem with them cutting several of the players I suggested we keep but can we seriously expect to upgrade that many positions? I don't think we were as far off as a 2-14 record would suggest. With some key upgrades, a real O-line coach, and a couple big hits in the draft, this team could go places.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
K - I see 23 players that are IMO not wearing horns next season. Some are FAs, others, just not very good.

Say they kill in the draft. That would leave 16 positions to fill through FA. Are we going to fill 16(likely more) spots with upgrades from what we have now? And that is keeping the FAs I thought we should keep.

I have no problem with them cutting several of the players I suggested we keep but can we seriously expect to upgrade that many positions? I don't think we were as far off as a 2-14 record would suggest. With some key upgrades, a real O-line coach, and a couple big hits in the draft, this team could go places.

That's how I feel. It's not going to take a single offseason to turn things around, I think we can get enough starters and players in the Draft/FA to compete for a playoff bid next year, but getting those depth guys, and the high skill at each position will take longer.