Who has the best offense in the NFC West? 710ESPNSeattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I would think ESPN Los Angeles would pick the Rams and ESPN SF would pick the whiners, so it only makes sense ESPN sheattle would pick sheattle. They are bigger homers than we fans are.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would think ESPN Los Angeles would pick the Rams and ESPN SF would pick the whiners, so it only makes sense ESPN sheattle would pick sheattle. They are bigger homers than we fans are.
No way! ~ @CGI_Ram

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
When being a homer messes with one's evaluations... it's time to stop pretending to do analysis.

Woods and Kupp, best WR tandem IN THE LEAGUE.

Stafford is arguably as good as Wilson and significantly better than Murray or Jimmy G.

Akers a disappointment? WTF?

"I see what you're doing... you're going for those big "homer" dollars. Those are some big dollars right there..."

Rams gonna have the best offense in this division. Book it. Won't start that way, but will end that way.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They had the best offense in the West last year and improved their OL, and added Everett. Wilson has made Jacob Hollister a guy who has made plays at the TE position.

We had a long way to go to get to their level of production. I think we will be right there with them, but it's not crazy for someone to have that opinion.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm just bummed no one got the Bill Hicks reference...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If we get our OL in order, then the Rams have the best NFCW offense, no doubt.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Seriously though:

The best WR tandem is pretty tough to call. Kupp and Woods fit McVays offense pretty damn well. But so do Aiyuk and Samuel for the Niners. If the Seahawks switch to McVays offense does Metcalf fit as well? He’s perfect for what they did last season. Lockett is a better fit imo. As for the Cardinals, I think they have Hopkins and Isabella but I don’t think either is some perfect fit for scheme. Both seem to be more possession types. But it’s close for all four teams.

RB I think it’s between Mostert and Akers. Carson is injured too much and that pounding style of running beats backs up.

At QB I give that to Wilson but it’s only due to the offense he ran. Playground football fits him well. It will be interesting to see how he does as a pocket passer. I doubt he does it better than Stafford who has done it for years.

Oline I give to San Francisco along with Tight End.

btfd16

Rookie
When being a homer messes with one's evaluations... it's time to stop pretending to do analysis.

Woods and Kupp, best WR tandem IN THE LEAGUE.

Stafford is arguably as good as Wilson
and significantly better than Murray or Jimmy G.

To each their own but I disagree with these and think the best WR tandem "in the league" is very much a homer take.... Ridley/Jones, Thielen/Jefferson and even DK/Lockett I believe are better league wide. I'll accept an argument on Seattle (although they are perfectly complimentary), but the other two tandems are better.

I also think Wilson is a better QB. If we give Stafford the Lions team excuse, I am 100% giving Wilson the OL excuse

EDIT: I forgot Evans/Godwin. Them too

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
To each their own but I disagree with these and think the best WR tandem "in the league" is very much a homer take.... Ridley/Jones, Thielen/Jefferson and even DK/Lockett I believe are better league wide. I'll accept an argument on Seattle (although they are perfectly complimentary), but the other two tandems are better.

I also think Wilson is a better QB. If we give Stafford the Lions team excuse, I am 100% giving Wilson the OL excuse

EDIT: I forgot Evans/Godwin. Them too

Ridley/Jones? No. They're good, but both disappear.

Thielen/Jefferson? Maybe this year. Not last year. Granted Jefferson lit it up as a rookie, but we'll see how he does as a sophomore.

DK/Lockett? No. DK is good, but he makes way too many mental mistakes to be a top guy and while Lockett is a very good #2, he's not better than Woods or Kupp.

Evans/Godwin? Maybe. For Arians' offense, yes. However, with Brady dishing to multiple receivers on mostly short/intermediate passes, their long routes and big bodies are kinda wasted. Notice how in the Super Bowl, they didn't factor in at all.

When I say we have the best WR tandem in the league, I'm also accounting for scheme fit. I think when it's all added up, we have the best tandem in the entire NFL and with the deep ball back on the menu, I think we'll see a lot more production from both of them this season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Thielen/Jefferson? Maybe this year. Not last year. Granted Jefferson lit it up as a rookie, but we'll see how he does as a sophomore.

DK/Lockett? No. DK is good, but he makes way too many mental mistakes to be a top guy and while Lockett is a very good #2, he's not better than Woods or Kupp.

Evans/Godwin? Maybe. For Arians' offense, yes. However, with Brady dishing to multiple receivers on mostly short/intermediate passes, their long routes and big bodies are kinda wasted. Notice how in the Super Bowl, they didn't factor in at all.

When I say we have the best WR tandem in the league, I'm also accounting for scheme fit. I think when it's all added up, we have the best tandem in the entire NFL and with the deep ball back on the menu, I think we'll see a lot more production from both of them this season.

@Mackeyser with the kart wheel...

tenor.gif

btfd16

Rookie

I mean statistically every tandem was better even with Julio only playing in 9 games

Ridley: 90-1374-9 in 15 games
Jones: 51-771-3 in 9 games

Jefferson: 88-1400-7
Thielen: 74-925-14 in 15 games

DK: 83-1303-10
Lockett: 100-1054-10

Kupp: 92-974-3 in 15 games
Woods: 90-936-6

Only team without a 1000 yarder, only Falcons the other team without a 10 TDer.

Don't get me wrong, I love Woods and Kupp. They're top 5 and who knows, with Stafford, could become number 1. I just don't see how right now you can call them the best tandem in the league without a grain of homerism.

Last edited: