Who are these idiots?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
"Ramblin Fan:
If #LARams QB Jared Goff regresses further (as some expect he will), what other options do the Rams have? "

Who are these idiots? Obviously they don't watch Ram games nor do they have any analytical abilities yet they publish nonsense like this without citing who these so-called experts are? I know of one, in particular, PFF who's analytical abilities are questionable at best not just by me but by probably most of the NFL professionals as well.

Simple statistical analysis is all it takes to show how stupid that statement is.

GS 7
Team Record 0-7
Pass attempts 205 Comp 112 54%
1089 yds 5 TD 7 INT

GS 15
TR 11-4
PA 477 Comp 296 62.1%
3804 yds 28 TD 7 INT

GS 16
TR 13-3
PA 561 Comp 364 64.9%
4688 yds 32 TD 12 INT

GS 16
TR 9-7
PA 629 Comp 394 62.9%
46338 22 TD 16 INT

So these morons are pinning the failure to make the playoffs on Jared. Look at the number of pass attempts in 2019 showing there was no run game what's so ever to support his play. His total yardage compared to 2018 shows he was forced to throw shorter (i.e. more quickly) due to abysmal o-line play. Yet this QB they are denigrating literally carried this team on his back to a winning record. Except for a missed FG (less than 50 yds) this team would have finished at least 10-6 despite the lack of run support or decent o-line play.

It's obvious these no nothing morons never watched a single Ram game in 2019. If they did it is clear they had no clue what they were seeing. 2018 showed how good this team can be and how good Jared is. Poor play in the Ram secondary, o-line, and run attack ruined their chances in 2019. But this team in 2020 is far and away better than the 2018 squad. This secondary IMO will be one of the best in the NFL this year. Their D-line is better now than in 2018 with better pass rushing.

Bottom line is that Jared has not regressed. In fact, his play proves he has steadily improved. Goff showed toughness and adaptability when things didn't go his way. He hung in and competed in every game, and was their entire offense for an entire season. That is not regression, far from it. It shows he is continuing to improve and his stats support it. When you factor in the number of INTs directly attributed to the atrocious o-line blocking his numbers compare well with 2018 and bode well for his future growth.

But Ramblin Rams is advocating finding a new QB? These jerks don't know mierda because they simply don't know how to interpret data, much less analyze actual NFL play.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm amazed by how many people think goff is absolutely shit. What are they looking at?

I reckon they only watch the highlights of games and focus only on the mistakes he makes. This reinforced their opinion of him after the superbowl loss.

You can't even talk any sense to them. They think it's all Mcvay and when things go wrong it's because goff is shit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of us here don’t think that PFF is worth a shit but here’s one anyway FWIW.

View: https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1282833241771175937?s=21

he's been making money throws his whole career when the pressure is on. unfortunately things don't go his way.

everyone said he played poorly against the falcons in the playoffs. i didn't think that at all. in the clutch he threw 3 td passes that were dropped. higbee, watkins(dpi not called) and watkins again. all 3 passes were on the money.

then in the superbowl he threw a perfect ball to cooks to draw level with the cheats. cooks drops it and no dpi is called. then next ball he throws a horrible interception and that's all anybody remembers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're Ramblin fan :) it might be just ahead of TurfshowTimes for horrible sites.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
People can be short sighted. Like when they say our line is gonna suck because of the problems they had when rookies had to start. They don't remember the improvement later in the season or the fact that they only gave up 23 sacks. Young players usually get better with more playing time.

So they think Goff will regress before he hits his physical and mental prime? Players usually get there between 27-30 years old. Goff is just fine. The Rams are just fine. They can win with Goff. That has already been proven.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw a tweet thread earlier from some fantasy guys. Talking about how Goff had 7 (!!!) TD throws tackled at the 1 yard line last year lol. Imagine if he had 29 touchdowns instead off 22.
Kind of crazy how the QB calculator works, had each of those catches been TD's, he would have had 3 less incomplete passes, 7 more yards and 29-16 TD-INT ratio. I was expecting a bigger jump, but with those changes his QB rating "only" moves from 86.5 to 90.7

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Kind of crazy how the QB calculator works, had each of those catches been TD's, he would have had 3 less incomplete passes, 7 more yards and 29-16 TD-INT ratio. I was expecting a bigger jump, but with those changes his QB rating "only" moves from 86.5 to 90.7
Don’t forget about the TD pass to Reynolds taken away and the Woods dropped TD vs Seattle. That would put his total at 403/628 4717 yards 31 TDs 16 INTs 92.7 QB rating.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Also, QB rating seems predicated on completion percentage more then anything. How did Jimmy G have 3900 yards, 27 TDs 13 INTs with a 102 passer rating but in 2017 Goff had 3800 yards 28 TDs and 7 INTs and only a 100.5 passer rating? I know it’s not a big difference but clearly Goff has a better year yet had a lower rating.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Funny how perceptions change over things a QB has little to no control over. If a QB throws a perfect pass and it bounces off the receiver and ends up an INT, at the time we say "Well, that wasn't the QB's fault". Or maybe the receiver ran the wrong route by stopping instead of continuing the route. Or he kept running when he was supposed to settle in the zone. If those things combine to happen to 7 or 8 times over the course of a season and his INT's are 16 instead of 8 or 9, we say "His INT's were too high". Because we look at the numbers after the season and forget the factors that led to those INT's.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Funny how perceptions change over things a QB has little to no control over. If a QB throws a perfect pass and it bounces off the receiver and ends up an INT, at the time we say "Well, that wasn't the QB's fault". Or maybe the receiver ran the wrong route by stopping instead of continuing the route. Or he kept running when he was supposed to settle in the zone. If those things combine to happen to 7 or 8 times over the course of a season and his INT's are 16 instead of 8 or 9, we say "His INT's were too high". Because we look at the numbers after the season and forget the factors that led to those INT's.

This is why I don’t play madden anymore really.

There’s the obvious issue that it’s just not simulation footballs, it’s animation based, which is why you can swap lineman into a receiver spot and watch them do the exact same moss type animations.

But their ratings people don’t know shit about football or nuance. They should assign a single person to each team where they not only watch every single snap multiple times, but they learn about the players and the team to figure it out. They ask what happened during a play to figure it out.

Rams vs Seahawks, we fucking stomped them, it wasn’t close. Then Woods sits down on his route instead of continuing and a good gain and likely large chunk of YAC turns into a pick 6. Then a few ays later, Goff hits Cooks for a big gainer, but Cooks doesn’t run his route cleanly, it’s picked off. McVay is seen on the sidelines telling Cooks he did the wrong thing. The announcers talk about it and how it wasn’t Goff’s fault. Neither pick was. Rams should be pushing 50 points on the Hawks.

But Madden? Well that’s two picks, better knock off some awareness points for Goff.

Oh his scheme relies on longer developing routes and pressure is getting there too fast?Lololol this reddit thread is sayin he just sucks and cant get past his first read, never mind he doesn’t even have time. Better reduce him even more.

Oh he’s been one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL over the past 3 years? Well not to us cause then he would be better!

God I hate stats nerds who don’t even understand how to read and analyze stats. At least take a damn class to figure out what the fuck it means. My roommate is a fantasy football nerd and he has the same terrible ideas that make it so he doesn’t even understand that Russel Wilson could have changed the game like Mahomes if Pete Carroll wasn’t an idiot.

But hey, when a divisional rival says your HC is an idiot so keep him around until your HOF QB is over the hill, he clearly doesn’t have any motivation to see you fail.

Madden, PFF, Fantasy football, it’s all just looking at out of context numbers to fit your narrative.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps more than anything I'm impressed with is his leadership. His teammates have faith in him and follow him as the acknowledged leader. When things were going bad in 2019 and he legitimately could point fingers at his o-line he didn't. No excuses, he would say he needed to play better. This is the kind of man you want as your franchise QB. The Rams struck gold with this draft pick.

tempests

Hall of Fame
That same guy wrote the article "5 coaches that can replace Sean McVay" and "5 CBs that can replace Jalen Ramsey".

So much for that.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I only have 1 issue with Goff....when the pocket breaks down and the heat is coming, he has a tendency to want to go long....that requires a big wind up and he frequently gets stripped....scramble outside the tackle and heave it OOB....live for another play... Hey, I can respect the want to hit a home run but he's only 4 years into a 15+ Ram HOF career, he's still learning and getting better....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I only have 1 issue with Goff....when the pocket breaks down and the heat is coming, he has a tendency to want to go long....that requires a big wind up and he frequently gets stripped....scramble outside the tackle and heave it OOB....live for another play... Hey, I can respect the want to hit a home run but he's only 4 years into a 15+ Ram HOF career, he's still learning and getting better....

His numbers aren't spectacular because he does get rid of the ball quickly to avoid a sack. That's why the Rams had such a low sack rate with an awful oline.