Whitworth & Woods Restructure Contracts......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The way these restructurings normally happen is that the team calls the agent, and asks if the player would mind getting his salary early as an additional signing bonus. That is to the player's advantage. I don't know the details yet of these, but Whitworth had an $8 million salary for 2018. Reduce that to $1 million, give him $7 million early amortized over the two years remaining, which means the Rams save $3.5 million in cap room this season (and lose $3.5 million in cap space next season). Whitworth is a team player, but what this restructuring means is that Whitworth gets the money now instead of over 17 weeks this year. It's a no brainer - it benefits him. Similarly for Woods, though it is amortized over 4 years for him.
Thank you my fine sir. Now even I can make sense of it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"Woods and Whitt, I would gladly give you 2 hamburgers each tomorrow, for a hamburger each today" ~ Whimpy Donald

That may be the first time ever, AD has been referred to as "whimpy"...LOL