White Castle - Love Them or Hate Them and - Why?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

White Castle Sliders

• Wonderful tidbit of beefy joy

• Disgusting thing resembling food that I only eat when hammered

• Couldn't hold a candle to a Lemon Jelly Filled Donut

• Rat Burger unfit for human consumption

• Need more room in the booth for my fat ass

• Give me a Crave Case to go

• I'm too young to remember the Wendy's old lady

Results are only viewable after voting.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
rawImage.jpg

Not, White Castle.
I was in California recently for a wedding. I went to In N Out because of what I read on this forum and I thought they were just OK.

I would have loved to grab me some White Castles, but there were none around

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
steakburger.0.jpg

Also not a fucking rat burger unfit for human consumption. This...is Steak n' Shake. My favorite of all time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Steak n Shake in St Pete here in Florida is where I got Mono. I knew something was off because the coffee cups and silverware were filthy so we sent them back. We go new cups and utensils, bug not much better and I chalked it up to dishwasher "film" as if that's a thing. They'd just come out of the dishwasher, but clearly it was malfunctioning.

So, yeah, I'm over just about all fast food. Five Guys and Fatburger will usually do and our local Wendy's only because we know or can track down the people if the give us something...lol.

I haven't eaten at Arby's in quite awhile, but part of me wants to buy a Reuben there just because I love how classy they stayed all those years Jon Stewart slapped the crap out of them with some of the funniest fast food smak ever.

They have some sandwiches they bill as "market fresh" and they are actually really good. I offered to take someone to lunch about a year ago and that's what he picked and I was really surprised at how tasty and nice the sandwich was.

They have the shittiest fries in the nation though. I can't eat 'em.

Memento

Name
Jemma
They have some sandwiches they bill as "market fresh" and they are actually really good. I offered to take someone to lunch about a year ago and that's what he picked and I was really surprised at how tasty and nice the sandwich was.

They have the shittiest fries in the nation though. I can't eat 'em.

You be quiet. Steak n' Shake fries are amazing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@Memento I was referring to Arby's fries, Steak n Shakes are pretty good actually.

Any of you guys eat at Fuddruckers before it was purchased by whatever corporation ended up with it? I think it was one of the big food conglomerates.

Anyhow they had big tasty burgers, you could get different sizes, up to a pound. Fresh on site ground beef, fresh on site baked buns, fresh veggies to dress it up. It was a really awesome burger until the chain got bought up. There aren't very many left now I would guess, the one or two in CLE have been gone for ages, some are still around and one is opening here in SWFL but I doubt if I'll go since it isn't the original. Back in the day the Fudd was one of the best burgers you could get anywhere and people would drive a long way to get one.........now I wouldn't go if I was close enough to walk.

Unless of course they have reverted to their old formula, which is unlikely as hell.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Memento I was referring to Arby's fries, Steak n Shakes are pretty good actually.

Any of you guys eat at Fuddruckers before it was purchased by whatever corporation ended up with it? I think it was one of the big food conglomerates.

Anyhow they had big tasty burgers, you could get different sizes, up to a pound. Fresh on site ground beef, fresh on site baked buns, fresh veggies to dress it up. It was a really awesome burger until the chain got bought up. There aren't very many left now I would guess, the one or two in CLE have been gone for ages, some are still around and one is opening here in SWFL but I doubt if I'll go since it isn't the original. Back in the day the Fudd was one of the best burgers you could get anywhere and people would drive a long way to get one.........now I wouldn't go if I was close enough to walk.

Unless of course they have reverted to their old formula, which is unlikely as hell.
Yeah - we have Fuddruckers (Rude Fuckers) out here. I haven't eaten at one in quite a while but I used to really like them. They also had a ribeye sandwich that was pretty insane.
steakburger.0.jpg

Also not a freaking rat burger unfit for human consumption. This...is Steak n' Shake. My favorite of all time.
That looks like a heart attack on a plate Mem. Do you just eat that in the ER waiting room?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah - we have Fuddruckers (Rude Fuckers) out here. I haven't eaten at one in quite a while but I used to really like them. They also had a ribeye sandwich that was pretty insane.

That looks like a heart attack on a plate Mem. Do you just eat that in the ER waiting room?

They used to be awesome burgers so I can understand why you liked them!!!

Then they went to shit. lol

Memento

Name
Jemma

No, you're supposed to eat it from midnight to four because it's seven patties of goodness that they never cook at any other time. I never got the opportunity to eat it, but I want to. Along with the fries. And a vanilla/chocolate side-by-side shake. Because I'm really hungry right now. Genuinely starving.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No, you're supposed to eat it from midnight to four because it's seven patties of goodness that they never cook at any other time. I never got the opportunity to eat it, but I want to. Along with the fries. And a vanilla/chocolate side-by-side shake. Because I'm really hungry right now. Genuinely starving.
Shit I'm full just reading that.

Memento

Name
Jemma
crap I'm full just reading that.

You're talking to a girl who ate the Big Ben at Pappy's just this year in one go. This would be nothing, and I'm really freaking starving. I haven't had much to eat at the new digs I have because it's only the roommate's food, and I haven't had the opportunity to go to the grocery store because of many reasons.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was in California recently for a wedding. I went to In N Out because of what I read on this forum and I thought they were just OK.

I would have loved to grab me some White Castles, but there were none around
That's too bad. For the money, how fast they are, that the ingredients are all fresh daily. Fries go directly from cutter into fryer. Their meat is ground daily in house from hand inspected beef chucks. Made to order, secret menu items. Grilled onions, chopped peepers, mustard grilled, all off the menu choices. I like the double single, with chopped peppers. $6 for a double double combo.

If you grow up here, you love them. Are they the best, biggest, baddest burger in So Cal? No, there are a ton of choices, but compared to White Castle, yikes. They were one of the first fast food burger places here. They started in the 40's, and they still have, basically the same menu. It's very simple, they hire from within, their employees are very happy, which is a strange comfort, for a place like that.

They were definitely the local hangout, after we won a football game. If I lost, I wouldn't go.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That's too bad. For the money, how fast they are, that the ingredients are all fresh daily. Fries go directly from cutter into fryer. Their meat is ground daily in house from hand inspected beef chucks. Made to order, secret menu items. Grilled onions, chopped peepers, mustard grilled, all off the menu choices. I like the double single, with chopped peppers. $6 for a double double combo.

If you grow up here, you love them. Are they the best, biggest, baddest burger in So Cal? No, there are a ton of choices, but compared to White Castle, yikes. They were one of the first fast food burger places here. They started in the 40's, and they still have, basically the same menu. It's very simple, they hire from within, their employees are very happy, which is a strange comfort, for a place like that.

They were definitely the local hangout, after we won a football game. If I lost, I wouldn't go.

So In-and-Out is basically the Steak 'n Shake of the West? I'll try it for sure.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Ohh, I see. Fair enough. Sorry for jumping. With Arby's, you have to get the potato cakes, not the fries.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So In-and-Out is basically the Steak 'n Shake of the West? I'll try it for sure.
Yeah, it even looks the same. They'll do a 4X4, or whatever. I've never gotten sick after eating there. Shakes are ice cream.

This is their full menu.

0.15_0.07_0.17_0.08_395_435_csupload_57410581.jpg

Some secret menu stuff. 3X3, and fries with cheese, grilled onions, and spread (Animal Style).
animal-style-fries-burger.jpeg

They have one for you, Memento.
In-N-Out_Burger_20-patty_cheeseburger.jpg

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
their employees are very happy, which is a strange comfort, for a place like that.
The operation as a whole is the most flawless operation I have ever seen. Their burgers are nothing earth shaking - just good, basic, burgers made with fresh ingredients. I think their fries - though cut constantly on the spot are pretty flavorless as the potatoes are simply too perfect and lack any sugar content (main reason they always come out so light in color).

But the employees smile, look you in the eye, count your change back to you, and all this while wearing those silly ass uniforms. My dad and I go in sometimes just to watch the operation itself. From a restaurant owner's standpoint, it is really something to observe.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The operation as a whole is the most flawless operation I have ever seen. Their burgers are nothing earth shaking - just good, basic, burgers made with fresh ingredients. I think their fries - though cut constantly on the spot are pretty flavorless as the potatoes are simply too perfect and lack any sugar content (main reason they always come out so light in color).

But the employees smile, look you in the eye, count your change back to you, and all this while wearing those silly ass uniforms. My dad and I go in sometimes just to watch the operation itself. From a restaurant owner's standpoint, it is really something to observe.
Agree, on all points. I think they have an extremely solid business plan, and one that many should follow. Keep it simple, and do it well.

Ask for crispy fries.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Agree, on all points. I think they have an extremely solid business plan, and one that many should follow. Keep it simple, and do it well.

Ask for crispy fries.
IN N OUT has never gotten my order wrong. It doesn't matter how big or complicated it is, it's always correct.
That in itself is amazing.