Which Training Camp Battles Will Have Biggest Impact on 2014 NFL Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
As much as the WR position battles are yet to be determined, the secondary depth chart has to be the biggest question mark IMO. The talent level appears improved, but who emerges quickest to play effectively in Williams scheme?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I thought of that but didn't want to bring @-X- in here with guns blazing. :cool:
(in the appropriate voice) That's enough jelly talk.

true-grit-2010-rooster-cogburn-jeff-bridges-billboard-600x300.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
(in the appropriate voice) That's enough jelly talk.

true-grit-2010-rooster-cogburn-jeff-bridges-billboard-600x300.jpg

I was so looking forward to his rendition of Rooster Cogburn but alas was disappointed. (n)

28w1d1l.jpg

Back to the thread which....is....already....in....progress.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Every time someone tags me, an Angel gets its wings.

And I get an email. So cut the shit.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The starting position battles ongoing in Ramland in TC should be very few & far between. The #1 battle will be for the Nickle position fight will be between Brandon McGee & Joyner with a little EJ Gaines. If McGee actually finally steps up & wins it which I doubt then Joyner would go on to push Rodney McLeod @ one safety post. Unsure just how the WR posts will go but Kenny Britt (if he returns to previous form with Fisher) will take one starting post early with Tavon Austin @ the other post.

The real camp battles will be for the reserve positions. RB could be interesting with a fully healthy Cunningham (knee) & Mason(wrist) & the soft handed pass catcher/cut back runner Pead. I expect TE/H-Back UDFA Alex Bayer to be the pre season pass catching star. I also think e Diontae Spencer to win the pure return-man battle.

Rams top reserve OL'er Tim Barnes might get a fight from first yr Barrett Jones for back up center but the 6-4 308 pound Barnes having 3 full TC & preseasons, plus being dressed & active for 31 Ram games & finishing 5 games as the starting Ram center is a serious amount of game knowledge for Jones to overcome. Plus Barnes excels @ shotgun plays just happens to be a specialty favorite of Sam Bradford too. So I do not see any real battle there.

Vet ORG Davin Joseph if healthy & healed should easily be the top back up @ OG. If Joseph is what he was last yr in Tampa then Barrett Jones will get his chance to fill that position @ top reserve OG. Barrett Jones most likely will have to take his newly formed body long arms & his massive quick thinking brain elsewhere to fill the massive hole vacancy @ swing OT with Mike Person who will enter his 4th TC & pre season.

Battle on the DL might be for the 9th DL position???I like Ethan Westbrooks over Sam, Brown & Deantre Harlan. LB'er reserve battle is for the 6th position where I like Tavarius Wilson over the other 4 candidates.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The starting position battles ongoing in Ramland in TC should be very few & far between. The #1 battle will be for the Nickle position fight will be between Brandon McGee & Joyner with a little EJ Gaines. If McGee actually finally steps up & wins it which I doubt then Joyner would go on to push Rodney McLeod @ one safety post. Unsure just how the WR posts will go but Kenny Britt (if he returns to previous form with Fisher) will take one starting post early with Tavon Austin @ the other post.

Gotta say I have a very different take, BonifayRam. I think starting position camp battles will abound and be quite fierce, at that. I would not be surprised to see Reid and Roberson in the thick of the Nickel CB battle, as well. That would be 5 highly regarded players competing for just one starting position. And WR competition will also likely include Quick, Givens, and Moe, among others.

The real camp battles will be for the reserve positions. RB could be interesting with a fully healthy Cunningham (knee) & Mason(wrist) & the soft handed pass catcher/cut back runner Pead. I expect TE/H-Back UDFA Alex Bayer to be the pre season pass catching star. I also think e Diontae Spencer to win the pure return-man battle.

Rams top reserve OL'er Tim Barnes might get a fight from first yr Barrett Jones for back up center but the 6-4 308 pound Barnes having 3 full TC & preseasons, plus being dressed & active for 31 Ram games & finishing 5 games as the starting Ram center is a serious amount of game knowledge for Jones to overcome. Plus Barnes excels @ shotgun plays just happens to be a specialty favorite of Sam Bradford too. So I do not see any real battle there.

We differ here a little bit, as well. You are a bigger Barnes fan than I am. I don't know where Jones' future lies. Could be C, could be OG. But I think he's got a Ram future at one of them, at least. I see him as our possible starting C in '15, frankly..

Vet ORG Davin Joseph if healthy & healed should easily be the top back up @ OG. If Joseph is what he was last yr in Tampa then Barrett Jones will get his chance to fill that position @ top reserve OG. Barrett Jones most likely will have to take his newly formed body long arms & his massive quick thinking brain elsewhere to fill the massive hole vacancy @ swing OT with Mike Person who will enter his 4th TC & pre season.

Battle on the DL might be for the 9th DL position???I like Ethan Westbrooks over Sam, Brown & Deantre Harlan. LB'er reserve battle is for the 6th position where I like Tavarius Wilson over the other 4 candidates.

I'm expecting intense competition at these positions, at least...

WR
C
Backup OG
TE
RB (including pecking order)
DT (Donald vs Langford as a starter)
DE (Westbrook vs Sam)
OLB (possible Dunbar replacement plus backups)
Nickel CB
S (opposite TJ)
PR
KR