Which super kid QB will have a down 2013?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB stumbles this year?

• RG3

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Andrew Luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krapernick

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • None - They all do well

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • More than one of them (name them)

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

bluecoconuts

Legend
All of them can, for different reasons.

I think Andrew Luck will be better, but statically it may not show up. That's because the Colts completed a very high number of very low success throws, which is more likely from luck, not Luck. Although he may continue to live up to his name, so it's hard to say.

I think that more defenses being able to study all the read option guys is going to hurt them as well, and they may have down years in terms of wins, and other stats. Some will go up some will go down, but I don't know if any of them are going to be as good as last year.

Don't tell the media that though, because they will still shove them in everyone's face for the ratings.

A55VA6

Legend
RG3, for many reasons. I don't see him staying healthy, I don't see him being a traditional pocket passer to save his knee.. I feel like there will be storylines all season about how the knee injury has destroyed his performance.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
-Luck will have a new OC,but he was the best rookie QB from last year so...he'll be ok IMO.

-RG3SPN will likely get coached up to try and avoid what got his ass in trouble last season. He's talented enough to make plays and make the throws without having to be Randall Cunningham out there. If he adjusts then i think he'll play a full season and progress nicely.

-Mr Wilson. I watched the stage rehearsal preseason gm vs Green bay and i just think he's set up to do some good things for them,regardless of getting gameplanned against this season. He's a better passer than Kaepernick,and makes better decisions too. Being shorthanded with weapons to throw to might hinder him some,but he isn't asked to do too much and he'll be fine.

-I voted Kaepernick. This guy is going to have a rude sophmore season IMO. I dont think he's very instinctual with his reads and relies too much on his athleticism. Like Wilson,he's going to get gameplanned against this season and i have my doubts if he has the ability to adjust his God given talents to become a more complete QB.
On top of my "in depth" analysis he's an attention whore. Fuck 'em. Hope he gets sent to IR where he can contemplate his team finishing in 3rd place because he refused to dump it off to his RB and instead tried to get the 75 yard TD himself.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still can't get it through my head that a 5'10 1/2" QB can be successful in the NFL.

It's never happened before. I mean EVER. Even Fran Tarkenton was 6'0", though he may have been a hair shorter. He was still taller than Wilson, he was about Brees' height.

Wilson can't throw from the pocket unless he takes a 10 step drop. I just can't believe he can make that hold up when DCs game plan for him after a year of studying him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I picked, RG3's boner.

meredith-rg3-111.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
max said:
I still can't get it through my head that a 5'10 1/2" QB can be successful in the NFL.

It's never happened before. I mean EVER. Even Fran Tarkenton was 6'0", though he may have been a hair shorter. He was still taller than Wilson, he was about Brees' height.

Wilson can't throw from the pocket unless he takes a 10 step drop. I just can't believe he can make that hold up when DCs game plan for him after a year of studying him.
Among the top 10 QB's in passer rating last season Wilson ranked 10th in passing yards/game. 195 yards/gm to be exact. How do you gameplan against a QB that isn't asked to do much for an offense that runs the ball like they do and protects so well when they decide to throw the ball? Wilson is perfect for that offense. It seems that stopping the run and forcing Wilson to make it all happen is the solution. Stop the run. Brilliant huh? :lol: Easier said than done.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I picked krappydick. His poor decision-making will be his downfall. I really think when it doesn't go his way he will implode. He is like Romo to me...he's good for one really bone-headed play per game. This year it will cost him...

FLramFAN

Rookie
I voted RG3.
The guy can CAN throw the ball. But, if you take his legs away, then teams can focus in on Morris for the run. Make Morris a 1000 yard guy as opposed to a 1600 yard guy and the skin's offense is a totally different deal.
If RG3 becomes only a pocket passer, I don't think he's good enough, nor does he have good enough WR to do a lot of damage.
Frankly, I'm hoping I'm right. I'd love to see the Rams get a high draft pick out of the skins this next draft.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm gonna say Wilson and Krappydick will both fall to earth this season. If the Rams proved anything last yr it is that they can pressure the QB and both of these guys showed they cannot perform under pressure. Whether its Wilson scrambling backwards for a 17 yrd sack or Krappydick making an errant pitch to avoid the sack they both showed flaws that every DC will be exploiting this season.

RGIII will be rusty to start the yr and start pressing and probably run himself into another injury.

Luck might suffer a soph slump but of the 4 he is the best and in a few yrs he will be head and shoulders above whoever remains of the other 3.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I had a hard time choosing between RG3 and Kaeperdick.

I voted RG3;

1) He's a hit magnet. He's always one play away from getting laid out.

2) The skins are weak at WR. He's gonna have to take off and run more than ideal... putting himself at risk.

3) It feels like the perfect storm is brewing in DC... Shanahan got roasted for playing RG3 in the playoffs. If he throttles RG3 back... they could butt heads.

4) Storm brewing #2... if RG3 and the Redskins get off to a slow start... DC will turn on Shanahan real quick. Let the 2nd guessing begin!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I went w/ "more than one"

My belief is all w/ suffer to some extent. Luck will have a New coordinator and do you get the same mileage out of Wayne or will teams try to take him away and try to make the Colts beat them through the air as their running game relies on Bradshaw staying healthy.....(not likely....)

Wilson got a lot of mileage out of teams keying on Lynch. Now teams will work on stopping him and making him stay within the pocket diminishing his (positive) affect on games..... Seattle defense will make them still a force....but expect a drop in points from their offense...

Kapernick now had little on the outside. His dependence on Crabtree basically "made" his year. But now the margin of error gets even smaller.....and he has no problems exposing himself to big hits w/ his running style. Someone will "Cleamons" him just like it happened w/ Steve McNair (Broken Sternum on a scramble....put a great move on a LB and cut right into an already launched Chris Cleamons.....ended his season and made his a bit more thoughtful when scrambling....but also made him a more complete QB.....).

RG3....will take some time before he will "return". And his numbers won't start climbing until later in the year....but by then someone may have already caught up w/ him........ He just hadn't had the time to get well......

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Kap gets figured out by the other defenses this year. Fish already has his number. I think he will try to run it too many times and get hurt.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I think all but Luck. Defensive coordinators have had a full off-season to develop schemes to stop the read option that these teams are embracing because their QBs run. And this is such a "copy-cat" league that once a team shows how to stop it everyone will do the same. The only one that I think has the consistency to beat you with his arm Is RG3. Also, I think the media has over-hyped these three through out the off-season and other teams will want to bring them down to earth. Obviously I want to see all of them struggle. Out of the three QBs I want Kaperdick to get beat down. Both the nfl network and the communist network (espn) have a "hard-on" for him. I really can't stand him.

Edit: If RG3, Kaperdick and Wilson all walked into the same situation Sam did his first couple years in the league, we wouldn't even be talking about them. They all walked into teams that had good talent already in place. If these teams struggle in the running game this year, they will struggle to win consistently. I still don't believe these guys are elite-type QBs. Not at this point in their career.