Which scenario would you prefer...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nittany ram

Rookie
The Rams win in Seattle but Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record falls...

Or

Seattle wins but the single season rushing record remains with the Rams.

On the surface that may seem like an easy decision - a Rams victory over the hated Seahawks - but consider what's at stake.

The Rams aren't making the playoffs even with a win. In the larger scheme of things the game matters very little. But that rushing record is forever linked to one of the greatest Rams players of all time and once lost we will almost certainly never get it back.

Records like that are important because they are part of a team's legacy and they help keep teams/players of the past relevant. Long standing records are a source of pride. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong way to feel about this but to me keeping the single season rushing record with the Rams means a little more than a victory this Sunday.

Of course, the best case scenario would be a Rams victory and keeping the record so let's hope for that.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Victory. Always a victory.

Records are meant to be broken, and if anyone should break EDs, it's none better than Adrian Peterson.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Good post, but who says we can't have both, a seacock victory and keep our record by E. Dickerson that's how it'll go... :hehe:

nittany ram

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barrison6 said:
Good post, but who says we can't have both, a seacock victory and keep our record by E. Dickerson that's how it'll go... :hehe:

Well we can have both, but I purposely limited the options to see what posters valued most, the victory or the record.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nittany ram said:
Barrison6 said:

Well we can have both, but I purposely limited the options to see what posters valued most, the victory or the record.
I'd rather get the W. That record's going to fall eventually, so it doesn't matter to me when.
I just want to humiliate petey and his boys. So much so, that I'd kick Dickerson in the nuts for a W.

nittany ram

Rookie
X said:
nittany ram said:
Barrison6 said:

I'd rather get the W. That record's going to fall eventually, so it doesn't matter to me when.
I just want to humiliate petey and his boys. So much so, that I'd kick Dickerson in the nuts for a W.

Your hatred for the Rams is palpable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nittany ram said:
X said:
nittany ram said:
Barrison6 said:

Your hatred for the Rams is palpable.
Perhaps. But my hatred for all things shehawks is unparalleled.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I would rather SJ rush for 1100 yards and we lose gaining better draft status the new record for SJ who IMO deserves the record more than a back who rushed behind legendary o-lines we have already secured the best in division record and the new record of 1100 yards in one game that culminated in a loss plus the length of the game required to accomplish that would also be a record and those records would stand forever, until the statue of SJ crafted in bronze was reduced to blue corrosive dust by acid rain and global warming and nuclear winter and the Y3K calamity.
Besides I'm having a colonoscopy Monday and will be taking copious laxatives Sunday and in the event they don't work a game like that would surely do the job.

Seriously though, I value THIS team over any past record , we need to beat Seattle in their place to thwart the 12th man and send his little bitch ass home with his tail feathers plucked , beak broken and talons trimmed .
ED can bask in the glory of being only bested by a back playing in a league of defenses designed to stop the pass.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
ED's record holds a very special place in my heart. I'd rather his record remain unbroken if choosing between that and a victory over the shecocks.

nittany ram

Rookie
Selassie I said:
ED's record holds a very special place in my heart. I'd rather his record remain unbroken if choosing between that and a victory over the shecocks.

Agreed. Although I will say a Rams victory over the Seahawks would temper the pain should Eric the Great's record fall to a lesser being like Adrian Peterson. Of course eventually the joy brought on by the victory would fade but unfortunately the record would still be gone.

nittany ram

Rookie
Thordaddy said:
I would rather SJ rush for 1100 yards and we lose gaining better draft status the new record for SJ who IMO deserves the record more than a back who rushed behind legendary o-lines we have already secured the best in division record and the new record of 1100 yards in one game that culminated in a loss plus the length of the game required to accomplish that would also be a record and those records would stand forever, until the statue of SJ crafted in bronze was reduced to blue corrosive dust by acid rain and global warming and nuclear winter and the Y3K calamity.
Besides I'm having a colonoscopy Monday and will be taking copious laxatives Sunday and in the event they don't work a game like that would surely do the job.

Finally someone's making sense...