Which rookies start (or play 50+% of the snaps)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Avila seems very likely, and that's about it on offense

On defense though....the secondary, EDGE and DL are wide open. Who do you think starts or plays 50%+ percent of the snaps?

I think it'll be Young and Turner, with Tomlinson coming in slightly under 50

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Steve Avila should start and I think Young should be in a heavy rotation. Whilst not technically a rookie (is by NBA standards), Bruss should be in the mix at Guard as well.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Avila for sure. Young at edge... Hampton may be 3rd or 4th edge in the rotation. One of the UDFAS will be at least the 3rd ILB and could push Rozeboom. Taylor will likely back up Yeast and should see the field. Turner will compete with Bobby Brown for snaps. Puca could be #3WR ... the rookie TEs will compete for #2TE...and I'm thinking will see more 2 Te sets this year.

These rookies and our young players in general have me excited for our future

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Avila—a gimmee.

Young—he’d better get 50% of the snaps. If the Rams thought that they had enough at Edge, they wouldn’t have drafted one that high.

Turner—unless he’s rotating in for BB3 on passing downs, I’m not sure he quite gets 50% of the snaps. Don’t get me wrong, I think he might turn out to be the best defensive player the Rams drafted this year; but I’m seeing him as the heir apparent to AD99 (good luck filling those shoes!). He might end up being a rotational guy who doesn’t see 50% of the snaps.

The secondary is wide open between the rookies (THT, Taylor) and the 2nd year guys. I wasn’t so impressed with last year’s crew that I would just assume they start this year, but the experience they got last season was invaluable. I expect a lotta movement in that lineup as things develop week to week.

Nacua—yes, I see him on the field that much.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Avila > Tomlinson > Young. For now at least in projecting vs roster strength.

Camp might change that quite a bit though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Avila, Young for sure plus the special team guys in Ward, Evans & Brown.

oldnotdead

Legend
Avila, Puka, Young and Tomlinson at SCB.

I think going into camp Durant and Witherspoon will be starting boundary CBs. I think Taylor will beat Fuller out and I think by November, Evans will be RB2. Depending on the scheme Morris plays, Hampton could see a lot of snaps, and Mathis could be the primary rotational edge behind Hoecht. IMO Johnson could be destined to play more of an ILB role than OLB.

I also think Puka becomes the #3WR. He's going to fill the role of Allen Robinson but at Y. He will be that short to medium range target for Stafford.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they look at Bruss at RG but only for this year. I think they might use him at RG and move him to RT next year. This will give them a year to coach up McClendon as a ROG.

OL 2023
LT Noteboom
LG Avila
C Shelton
RG Bruss
RT Havenstein

Gameday reserves: OT Jackson, C/OG McAllister, OG Maginn
McClendon on the roster but inactive on gamedays. Thomas on PS

OL 2024
LT Noteboom
LG Jackson or Bruss
C Avila
RG McClendon
RT Bruss or Jackson

Gameday reserves: OT Thomas, C/OG McAllister, OG Maginn

What ever the OL configuration in 2024 will be their starting OL going forward. Bruss was an outstanding OT in college. At RT they don't lose his run blocking. They keep Jackson on the active roster because he is the LT if Noteboom struggles. Jackson is a rare find as he played both RG and LT well. In 2024 if they decide to start Jackson at LT they keep Avila at LG and start McAllister at C.

Regardless IMO they have the starting personnel for their OL of the future right now. This has the makings of a very good OL, in fact better than the one they had in 2018. Bruss or Jackson would be an immediate upgrade at RT as both have better feet and better run blocking. The thing that's overlooked when people look at Havenstein, is that his run blocking on the second level has not been consistent. Many times he's late or takes a poor angle. This was a reason why in 2018 the Rams with Gurley primarily ran to the left behind Whitworth, Saffold and Sullivan. With McClendon and Bruss they could run to either perimeter if they wanted, which loosens up the inside run defense

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Starters: Avila, Young

+50% of snaps: Hodges-Tomlinson

33-49%: Turner, Hampton

less that 33, more than 20%: Nacua, Z. Evans, Square