Which Rams FREE AGENTS will get re-signed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What would be better? JJ( or Floyd) and a second round pick

or Darius Williams and a future third round compensation pick?

Malibu

Pro Bowler
For me #1 priority is DWill I think he is a star and they better put a first round tender on him. I still believe a team may take a shot at him.

Next I would rather have Floyd back over JJ3 if I had to choose. We are losing Ekubun plus possibly Floyd which really depletes our OLBs. If I had to let JJ3 go we have more talent behind him than Floyd does imo. Also there is a lot of potential FA safety talent out there so if we franchised JJ I doubt we could sign and trade him. Also it is way harder to franchise a safety vs an OLB due to market value.
If the team can't afford Floyd because he wants a Fowler plus deal we maybe able to Tag him and get a lot for him way better than a 3rd round compensatory pick. This is not a great off-season for young ascending star OLBs so far that can change though.

MachS

Hall of Fame
1st round tender for Williams and resigning Fox is what I'm hoping for.

Then go after interior OL, OLB, speed WR in free agency. Draft ILB, OLB, CB, WR, OL.

dang

Legend
1st round tender for Williams and resigning Fox is what I'm hoping for.

Then go after interior OL, OLB, speed WR in free agency. Draft ILB, OLB, CB, WR, OL.
Add Mundt and Rivers and 100% agree. I’d like to see FA OC Mack for 1 year and draft an OC to learn for a year. Add Tyrell Williams or (if too expensive) add Perriman. Finally a solid lower profile FA edge who wants a chance tonip their status for maybe $5m.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Add Mundt and Rivers and 100% agree. I’d like to see FA OC Mack for 1 year and draft an OC to learn for a year. Add Tyrell Williams or (if too expensive) add Perriman. Finally a solid lower profile FA edge who wants a chance tonip their status for maybe $5m.

sounds logical. Drafting a WR or Edge rusher is what I’m looking to.Maybe OL coach has a couple players from Stanford?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
For 2022, the Rams will have 4 current offensive linemen heading towards free agency, and this doesn't include the potential for Whitworth to retire following the 2021 season or for Blythe walking in about 2 weeks. That could result in half of our OL roster being lost, so I would suspect the Rams must invest heavily in the OL with the upcoming 2021 draft. Fortunately, it appears a pretty good draft class for the OL this year.

I think they're going.to address OL in the draft. Hopefully in free agency too. But the only OL not currently under contract for 2022 are Allen, Noteboom and Corbett.

If Whit leaves after 2021 that's 4. If they trade Hav to free up $, that $ will go to UFA center I would hope.

So b yeah, they need to bring in a couple OL this year and.probably one or two in the 2022 draft.

No m panic

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think they're going.to address OL in the draft. Hopefully in free agency too. But the only OL not currently under contract for 2022 are Allen, Noteboom and Corbett.

If Whit leaves after 2021 that's 4. If they trade Hav to free up $, that $ will go to UFA center I would hope.

So b yeah, they need to bring in a couple OL this year and.probably one or two in the 2022 draft.

No m panic

well I expect Noteboom to be resigned to a long term contract good for both The Rams & Boom.Maybe even Corbett?
The Rams need a Center right now though to fit with Matthew Stafford.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Out of all these players entering free agency, only one has the potential to return to the Rams with a smaller 2021 CAP hit than he had in 2020. That would be Floyd, with a multi-year contract, ... and outside of Williams/Johnson, he may also be the toughest player for replacing his 2020 production. Re-sign Floyd, tender Williams, trade Brockers & Havenstein. jmo.
That would be correct...Floyd made $10 million in 2020. Floyd has a projected Market Value
  • 4 yrs, $52,427,168
  • Avg. Salary: $13,106,792
However, the Rams moved his signing bonus cost to 2021 which is $3,333,334 million & he will not even be a Ram it's just more of the mounting DEAD future $$$$$ money the Rams Org. have pending in the future.

So the Rams signed Floyd early in 2020 before he had his all-pro season playing for the Rams after a less than a spectacular career with the Bears. So do we really think Floyd will be paid the same or less than the Rams gave him $ 13.3 million before the great 2020 season?

Leonard Floyd Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac
Can we afford to resign Floyd?
Solid No.
I don’t think Fox will be a starter anywhere he goes.
He’s not that sort of player to me.
He is an ideal rotational player.
High effort, high energy with some skills.
He ideally works in rotation with another skilled player.
I’m sure someone will pay him more than the Rams will.
Good post!
I mostly agree with you on your comments. I would add that many teams that are far over their salary cap paying very big $$$ to over the hill degrading 43 DE's will love to include a young 5 yr pro Morgan Fox at a much lower cost & then finally eject those over the hill 43 DE's not producing.

Most all NFL teams regularly rotate their large defensive front often anyway so the fact that Fox has been involved in a heavy rotational scheme does not carry too much water with me.
I expect Noteboom to be resigned to a long-term contract good for both The Rams & Boom. Maybe even Corbett? The Rams need a Center right now though to fit with Matthew Stafford.
I agree fully with you on the OT Joe Noteboom future new Ram contract. older than dirt Whitworth only finished 8 regular-season games in 2020. Rams will be lucky to get that in 2021 from the soon to be 40 yr old lineman. But if AW continues to start don't be surprised if Noteboom ends up starting @ RT.

So Noteboom is a very big priority because they have no other LT's. Especially if they take a WR early in the draft as you posted earlier.:unsure: I find that hard to accept when they have so many receivers like Kupp, Woods, Higbee, Akers, Jefferson & Henderson all excellent pass catchers.

I still maintain there are no major Ram major sources trying to find an unaffordable highly $$$ costly overhyped UFA center, when in fact the Rams initial 2021 starting center is already here ..... Allen/ Corbett/ Anchrum/Shelton plus whomever they dredge up in the draft/ UDFA/ WWC. I believe your right that the Rams will give doctor Corbett a new contract too in 2022.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

No m panic

I believe you have left off Chandler Brewer, he also hits free agency for 2022, but as an ERFA who is more likely to stick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am just curious on which current Free Agent Rams do you think will get re-signed and be back with the Rams next season!
UFA's
OLB- Derek Rivers-1 yr deal low-end cost salary
OLB-Samson Ebukam- 1 yr deal low-end cost salary

Restrictive Free Agents
#1- CB Darious Williams
#2- Center Coleman Shelton
#3- ILB Travin Howard
#4- TE Johnny Mundt

Probable trades to place team under salary cap @ deadline.
#1-DL Micheal Brockers-under contract to be paid over $20 million for the 2021/2021 seasons
#2-RT Rob Havenstein- under contract to be paid over $17 million for the 2021/2021 seasons

Pending big mistake- resigning center Austin Blythe