Which Rams FREE AGENTS will get re-signed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I HATE OFF-SEASONS!!! But, While we are waiting, I am just curious on which current Free Agent Rams do you think will get re-signed and be back with the Rams next season!

With the Rams current salary cap situation (I do realize with some key moves by Les Snead the Rams situation could change quickly!) they are going to be pretty challenged to keep some of their key players (Floyd, Johnson, Williams, Everett, Blythe, Fox, Ebukam, Hill, etc)!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
My expectations are not high. I would expect restricted free agent Williams to get a sufficient qualifying offer for the Rams to retain him. After that, maybe Fox and/or Blythe might be re-signed.

I will add that I have a rather consistent and impressive track-record of inaccurate and incorrect predictions.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My expectations are not high. I would expect restricted free agent Williams to get a sufficient qualifying offer for the Rams to retain him. After that, maybe Fox and/or Blythe might be re-signed.

I will add that I have a rather consistent and impressive track-record of inaccurate and incorrect predictions.

Me, Too! Have been a Rams fan for over 50 years and I don’t think I have EVER been right about guessing what the Rams will do or who the Rams will Sign, Draft or Cut!!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Great thread topic, and the correct answers are unknowable at this point.

Rams FO is inherently unpredictable.
Cap ceiling is still unknown.
New DC might need different type players.
McVay has chosen a new OL coach, presumably to change blocking schemes which might require new faces.
Are the Rams willing to go all-in with restructuring contracts to free up FA money?

So many variables...

If I had to guess today I think I would expect virtually all of our UFA’s will be allowed to walk except Fox. Williams is a virtual lock to be here next year. That might be it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Great thread topic, and the correct answers are unknowable at this point.

Rams FO is inherently unpredictable.
Cap ceiling is still unknown.
New DC might need different type players.
McVay has chosen a new OL coach, presumably to change blocking schemes which might require new faces.
Are the Rams willing to go all-in with restructuring contracts to free up FA money?

So many variables...

If I had to guess today I think I would expect virtually all of our UFA’s will be allowed to walk except Fox. Williams is a virtual lock to be here next year. That might be it.
Fox had an impressive 2020 season playing behind Brockers. As a part-time player playing in a 34 Defense plus playing inside in those 2 DL 4 LB'er defenses with so much success in developing a pass rush, he is sure to catch the eyes of all the 43 defensive teams looking for those magical 43 DE's that are so rare & hard to find.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Agreed @fearsomefour I want them back too. But I think we pass on Hill and see what we have in Long Jr. I really hope M. Fox can be resigned he was starting to flash on the regular.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I HATE OFF-SEASONS!!! But, While we are waiting, I am just curious on which current Free Agent Rams do you think will get re-signed and be back with the Rams next season!

With the Rams current salary cap situation (I do realize with some key moves by Les Snead the Rams situation could change quickly!) they are going to be pretty challenged to keep some of their key players (Floyd, Johnson, Williams, Everett, Blythe, Fox, Ebukam, Hill, etc)!

Out of all these players entering free agency, only one has the potential to return to the Rams with a smaller 2021 CAP hit than he had in 2020. That would be Floyd, with a multi-year contract, ... and outside of Williams/Johnson, he may also be the toughest player for replacing his 2020 production. Re-sign Floyd, tender Williams, trade Brockers & Havenstein. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Would love to see Williams, Hill and Fox come back.
Probably just Williams actually will.
Would you not think that after five seasons with the Rams playing for basically NFL minimum... a team that was involved in post-season play for 3 of the last 4 seasons would desire to start?

Where will he start with the Rams DL?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Last year a good number of fans believed they'd go after OL in free agency and the draft. They resigned Whit to a 2 yr deal and Blythe to a 1 yr deal then drafted Anchrum in the 7th.

This year a good number of fans expect the Rams to resign Blythe (because of McVay's glowing compliments). But Kromer is gone so the new guy may get a couple of new toys in free agency AND the draft.

Would it really shock snyone?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Last year a good number of fans believed they'd go after OL in free agency and the draft. They resigned Whit to a 2 yr deal and Blythe to a 1 yr deal then drafted Anchrum in the 7th.

This year a good number of fans expect the Rams to resign Blythe (because of McVay's glowing compliments). But Kromer is gone so the new guy may get a couple of new toys in free agency AND the draft.

Would it really shock snyone?

For 2022, the Rams will have 4 current offensive linemen heading towards free agency, and this doesn't include the potential for Whitworth to retire following the 2021 season or for Blythe walking in about 2 weeks. That could result in half of our OL roster being lost, so I would suspect the Rams must invest heavily in the OL with the upcoming 2021 draft. Fortunately, it appears a pretty good draft class for the OL this year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For 2022, the Rams will have 4 current offensive linemen heading towards free agency, and this doesn't include the potential for Whitworth to retire following the 2021 season or for Blythe walking in about 2 weeks. That could result in half of our OL roster being lost, so I would suspect the Rams must invest heavily in the OL with the upcoming 2021 draft. Fortunately, it appears a pretty good draft class for the OL this year.

This is a good point - this regime has pretty consistently drafted to replace departing FAs the following year. I would also expect a few OL drafted.

fearsomefour

Legend
Would you not think that after five seasons with the Rams playing for basically NFL minimum... a team that was involved in post-season play for 3 of the last 4 seasons would desire to start?

Where will he start with the Rams DL?
I don’t think Fox will be a starter anywhere he goes.
He’s not that sort of player to me.
He is an ideal rotational player.
High effort, high energy with some skills.
He ideally works in rotation with another skilled player.
I’m sure someone will pay him more than the Rams will.