Which proposed rule changes are you in favor of changing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Here are the rule changes:

1. Washington Redskins
    • A rule to move the kickoff to the 40-yard line for safety and historic consistency reasons.
    • A rule to expand instant replay to include personal foul penalties.
    • A rule to eliminate overtime periods in preseason games for player safety reasons.
    • A bylaw that would raise the number of active-list players from 46 to 49 for regular season games played on days other than Sunday or Monday (i.e. Thursday Night Football), excluding the opening weekend of the season.
    • A bylaw that would raise the practice squad limit for eight to ten for player safety reasons.
    • A bylaw that would permit clubs to trade players prior to the start of the league year.
    • A bylaw that would eliminate the roster cut down to 75 and have just one cut down to 53 in the preseason.
    • A bylaw that would permit more than one player to return to the active list from injured reserve during the season.
    Philadelphia Eagles
    • A bylaw that would permit each NFL team to time and test, at its facility, 10 players who attended the Combine; it would also permit clubs to attend timing and testing session at another club’s facility that involves three or more draft-eligible players.
    Indianapolis Colts
    • A resolution that would permit home teams with a retractable roof/wall to open the closed roof and/or wall at halftime.
    New England Patriots
    • A rule to extend the goal post an additional five feet above the crossbar since definitive rulings on field goal tries that cross over the top of the goal cannot be made.
    • A rule to move the line of scrimmage for extra points to the defensive team’s 25 yard line in order to make the PAT a more competitive play.
    • A rule to put fixed cameras on all boundary lines (sideline, end line, and end zone) to help supplement replay coverage.
    • A rule that permits coaches to challenge any official’s decision with the exception of scoring plays.
    NFL Competition Committee
    • A rule that would make the motion of rolling up on the side of the legs of a defender illegal.
    • A rule that would allow the referee to consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews.
    • A rule to expand reviewable plays to include the recovery a loose ball in the field of play (i.e the NaVorro Bowman rule).
    • A rule that would take away the stopping of the clock on any sack.
    • A rule that would eliminate the one-yard boundary in the cases of pass interference. With this rule, PI can occur at any spot beyond the line of scrimmage, instead of more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage
    • A rule that changes the spot of enforcement for defensive fouls committed behind the line of scrimmage to the previous spot rather than the end of the run or the spot of the foul.
    • A bylaw that would adjust the time of roster reduction to 53, after the fourth preseason game on Saturday to 4:00 p.m. ET, from 6:00 p.m. ET, on the Saturday of the fourth preseason week in years where no preseason games are scheduled for that Friday

I think we should go with changes to the active roster...it never made sense to me that you couldn't dress all of the players on your active roster. I also agree with adding cameras to the end zone, allowing time to roll after a sack, ability to speak with the officials in New York, and extending the goal posts

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just copied and pasted ...

A bylaw that would raise the practice squad limit for eight to ten for player safety reasons.

A rule to put fixed cameras on all boundary lines (sideline, end line, and end zone) to help supplement replay coverage.

A rule that permits coaches to challenge any official’s decision with the exception of scoring plays. But this is my favorite rule change proposal.

A rule that would make the motion of rolling up on the side of the legs of a defender illegal.

A rule that would allow the referee to consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
In no order of preference...
  • A rule to put fixed cameras on all boundary lines (sideline, end line, and end zone) to help supplement replay coverage - I can't believe they're not already there...
  • A rule to expand instant replay to include personal foul penalties - makes so much sense, just been brought into the rugby 6 nations this year, has made for a better game...
  • A rule that would take away the stopping of the clock on any sack - will force a QB to get rid of the ball and not take a hit, more excitement.
  • A bylaw that would raise the practice squad limit for eight to ten for player safety reasons - the more the merrier I say!
  • A rule to move the line of scrimmage for extra points to the defensive team’s 25 yard line in order to make the PAT a more competitive play - PATs are a bit of a farce at the moment, anything to make it more of a challenge and maybe we'll see more 2pt conversion attempts?
  • A rule to expand reviewable plays to include the recovery a loose ball in the field of play - again, can only improve the game...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm good with ALL of the proposed changes.

Make it so.
make-it-so-captain.jpg