Which is the more difficult stretch?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The more difficult stretch?

• Between the Super Bowl and the draft

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Between the draft and the start of the season

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The period of time between the Super Bowl and draft, or the draft to the start of the season?

The period between the Super Bowl and draft is shorter, the combine is in there, free agency, but it seems like analysis overload leading up to the draft.

The period between the draft and the season is longer, but there are OTA's and camp. The weather is better, so more things to do outside to occupy time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would say Between the SB and the Draft! At least between the Draft and Regular Season we have OTA's/ Training camp and Pre-Season games!(y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would say Between the SB and the Draft! At least between the Draft and Regular Season we have OTA's/ Training camp and Pre-Season games!(y)

Agree, though we have the senior bowls, combine and workouts we don't know yet which players will be in Horns so it leads to even more speculation and anticipation.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I put the poll up because I find the current stretch torturous.

There are no new stories to talk about, hardly.

The draft prospects are pretty well scrubbed.

The mock drafts are great, but they are just different variations of each other.

We are stuck with 6 more weeks of this!
:rant:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:argue: I say the period between Stu's trivia questions.
:argue: That's not one of the choices!
:argue: Yeah well. It's true!
:argue: You can't even do a poll question right!
:argue: Let's take this outside!
:argue: What? Outside the confines of Romans cell phone?:rolllaugh:
:argue: I think you're yellow!

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79

The mock drafts are great, but they are just different variations of each other.

I couldn't agree more! I hate that they couldn't leave well enough alone and delayed the draft. Now we have to listen to a bunch of made up bs to fill the extra weeks.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the draft. Before the draft there is a lot to talk about. After the draft there will be weeks with nothing happening. And since I live in Arizona, it's actually a lot nicer outside now than it will be in a couple of months.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Super Bowl and draft because the draft is our super bowl lol.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
All kidding aside, the time after the Super Bowl. After the draft it seems things are moving and there are fresh faces and roster forming, camp news, etc.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The period between the Super Bowl and draft is shorter, the combine is in there, free agency, but it seems like analysis overload leading up to the draft.

This. I hate the over-analyzing. I get more annoyed with draft talk every year. I can't stand the egos that show up this time of year. I hate how both networks fixate on a player that usually ends up at best JAG.

I don't pay attention other than who teams will sign and watch the player get drafted. After that, there's more over-analyzing and butthurt over contracts and when they will sign them.

I. Don't. Care.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
After the draft is my longest stretch. The summer drags for me, don't know why, hard to explain, but when August hits I now the pre-season is here and everything comes together.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well over the past several seasons it has been the period from about December until the draft for me. That's the period when you know the Rams are not going to the playoffs and are still wondering what players to hopefully get excited about to get you there the next season. So I suppose for me it would be the SB to the Draft as the toughest span.

Once the draft is over, we can move on a bit. As you said, the weather gets better, there are more things to do, etc... Then we have the off season stuff and the summer months keep me so damn busy I have plenty to take my mind off of football.

Debacled

Starter
We get FA, the buildup to the draft (scouting profiles and all that nonsense), combine, pro days....ect. Tend to think there is a lot more going on than after the draft. Re analyzing the guys they hand picked without seeing them on the field or anything. (That and I don't have hockey to distract me for long periods of time after the draft).

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Between the draft and the start of the season easily. News coverage for anything NFL-related between that time frame is basically the equivalent of Tumblr, Imgur, and Twitter shitposting on a larger scale (Google Tebowich and Sanchini 2011 New York Jets) At least we get relevant news between the Super Bowl and the draft.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Draft to the regular season for me it's way to long. By the end of the draft we pretty much know most of the roster ,and just want to see them play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And since I live in Arizona, it's actually a lot nicer outside now than it will be in a couple of months.
You got that right. Get your pot holders handy so you can touch the steering wheel. Summers almost here and i HATE it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For me it is between the draft and the start of the season easily. If I got to watch training camp that would be different, but there isn't much news trickling in before camp. The anticipation for the real thing to start just keeps building and I find myself saying. Just get here already! Skip August and go right to September.

I love the GM game in the winter. Free agency, reading mocks. Trying to figure who the Rams will target in the draft. There is rumors every week, the talk radio is interesting with guests talking about the draft and free agency. In the summer you don't have much if any of that. Teams aren't giving out info on their players. If we have someone that does Training camp reports that is always fun but it is measured fun. We already know who is on the team and you can have on guy lighting it up early in camp and getting us excited and then they cut him. Camp is very misleading. Jimmy Kennedy usually looked great in camp. Camp is not football. So you go from May to August: 4 long months with no excitement about your team. Compared to February to the end of April: 2.5 months filled with players changing teams, a trade here or there and draft rumors. Give me the latter every time. Once the draft is in the books it is so boring.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You got that right. Get your pot holders handy so you can touch the steering wheel. Summers almost here and i HATE it.

why don't you put a steering wheel cover on it?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
For me I love "this season" but I hate not knowing what our roster we be. i.e.: who we signed/lose, drafted & traded for!. So waiting another 6 more weeks is "killing me".
Where as after the draft you know what the roster will be. And can ponder what said roster can do this coming season

Rams43

Hall of Fame

I've found the draft forum to be very interesting and at times a little feisty, CGI.

And I mean that in the best, most enjoyable, and interesting sort of way. Lol.