Where were You 50 years ago

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't see how he would be seen as a conservative when he was extremely pro large government and Keynesian economics. He lead to a new wave of left leaning voters. Especially today with the neocons.

He was one of the first supply siders. There was a reason Reagan quoted him all the time. Their economic approaches were not very different.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was 1 you old Freak.:heh:

But yeah. JFK would likely be considered ultra conservative by today's standards. And he no doubt would have been re-elected. What Kennedy doesn't?

How far off I5 is your BBQ place?
Driving up to Seatlle shortly to watch my kid throw for some scouts. If it isent too far off the path I wouldnt mind grabbing some killer ribs.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Driving up to Seatlle shortly to watch my kid throw for some scouts. If it isent too far off the path I wouldnt mind grabbing some killer ribs.
Pig Feathers is 7 miles east of Newport, on the coast. I imagine that's a bit far off your path. Speaking as someone who has been there (last August) the cuisine was well worth our time. Of course, our trip was up the Oregon coast (Hwy 101).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
JFK is known as the first Keynesian President...
By whom? Sure you're not thinking of FDR? Sorry but if you read that or have been taught that by someone they are WAY off. FDR actually consulted with Keynes during the depression.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We are a little less than an hour east of I-5. And the trip along the Oregon Coast is pretty amazing if you have the time. Give me a heads up if you think you're going to make it out here so I am sure to be around. Your kid play Baseball I take it?

bluecoconuts

Legend
By whom? Sure you're not thinking of FDR? Sorry but if you read that or have been taught that by someone they are WAY off. FDR actually consulted with Keynes during the depression.

He did in a way, but the US didn't really start practicing Keynesian economics until WWII was well on it's way, and it didn't start to get widespread acceptance until after WWII. JFK was really the first President who went in with the idea of using Keynesian economics. And he certainly was not a supply side president.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnson exploited the Kennedy assassination and portended that all his programs were just continuing what Kennedy wanted when in point of fact they were pretty divergent in their views.
Humphry was the raging liberal and was Johnsons bitter enemy,when asked WHY did he choose HHH as his running mate Johnson replied "better to have him on the inside pissing out than on the outside pissing in"

fearsomefour

Legend
We are a little less than an hour east of I-5. And the trip along the Oregon Coast is pretty amazing if you have the time. Give me a heads up if you think you're going to make it out here so I am sure to be around. Your kid play Baseball I take it?

Yeah, left handed pitcher. Going up to throw for some pro scouts and some college guys too. He is a freshman in college now at a small Cali school.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I wasn't born either.

I am fascinated by the conspiracies, however.
Same I wasn't born. If your fascinated by conspiracies, you MUST watch Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007)
All 3 parts of that documentary opened my mind too how crooked the higher powers are.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Actually, it was his assassination that created those effects. One might even say JFK was a martyr for those causes.

I was 3. But I do remember Robert Kennedy's assassination. Now that was a game changer. Does anyone think Nixon would have won over JFK's brother?
Bingo! You just answered a lot of questions with that statement (bolded)