Where does Stedman Bailey fit in the Rams offense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think we can throw out the numbering of WRs with the Rams. I envision an O like the Saints where there is hardly a clear #1. Sure, people will say Colston is it in that O but not by much. Bailey will blend in nicely in. WR corps that will become known to DCs around the league as a "six headed monster"!

I can't wait for this to unfold!!!

nighttrain

Legend
Ramhusker said:
I think we can throw out the numbering of WRs with the Rams. I envision an O like the Saints where there is hardly a clear #1. Sure, people will say Colston is it in that O but not by much. Bailey will blend in nicely in. WR corps that will become known to DCs around the league as a "six headed monster"!

I think you nailed it!

Kendricks
Cook
Pettis
Quick
Tavon
Bailey
train

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
nighttrain said:
Ramhusker said:

I think you nailed it!

Kendricks
Cook
Pettis
Quick
Tavon
Bailey
train

Ok, 7 headed monster, u have to add Givens!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
nighttrain said:
Rabid Ram said:
albefree69 said:
bluecoconuts with a good analysis:
I think he'll be a more reliable Brandon Gibson.. Better hands, better route running, he'll be a good player. I know people have talked about his route running being similar to Bruce, but I think that's pretty unrealistic... But if he works hard he could be a poor man's Issac Bruce... Which is still a damn good football player.

If Quick reaches his potential I don't see a starting player here except in 4 WR sets. Part time and or injury replacement. But as you said, potentially a very good one.
I have to disagree whole heartedly. I believe our offense will put the best set of receivers on the feild to exploit the mismatch possibilitys in tge best way possible. No true #1 receiver more like chess peices to spread the d thin. I believe that is why we picked uo both tavon and bailey as well as cook. Who is more receiver then te.

Cmon, this is his rookie year. You cant expect Holt or Bruce #'s, the guy will our #4 or #5 this season. Tavon's exceptional skills make him #1 in the slot. That said, we are going to be a pass first team for the first time in the Bradford ERA, be some surprises
train

I never stated i expected holt bruce or even huge numbers. I simply stated that they will exploit mismactches and put in the best receiver for the situation.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
nighttrain said:
Ramhusker said:

I think you nailed it!

Kendricks
Cook
Pettis
Quick
Tavon
Bailey
train

This is the same thing i was saying without ordering the receivers because i really dont believe there will be a real number order. Every situation will have a different order dependent on the match ups

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here some of my thoughts on Stedman..when Snead & Fisher were looking some much at Tavon they were also observing what Stedman's presence did to help Tavon & vice versa. Just remember the % of those Stedman catches went for scores. Think their opponents were zero'd in on Tavon too much...? That combo revised in the NFL may be something very very special for us next chapter please .... could get some much better. If Tavon lines up in the backfield Stedman could fill in the slot, or the outside easy easily .

Overall the Receiver cadre has a special mixer ....Pettis can work the primary three WR positions, Givens has been working out in all three too. Jared is playing mega receiver posts, Quick not so much but if he gets that talent going wow. So you see a bunch of WR's that can not be assigned just one position & just defend them from that point. I think Fisher & Shotty have the weapons to line up anywhere any time at any of the snap of the ball. Remember Sam is really very good out form under the center! Seems to me last yr the 2 minute offense was very effective. Running different groups of weapons so adaptable at whatever there assignment is is the key.

Stedman to me fits this strength of this 2013 Sam & 2013 offense.

jap

Legend
Ramhusker said:
nighttrain said:
Ramhusker said:

I think you nailed it!

Kendricks
Cook
Pettis
Quick
Tavon
Bailey
train

Ok, 7 headed monster, u have to add Givens!

Sam the Ram and his many headed Hydra receiving corps.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bailey's skill-set and role might best compare to Mario Manningham in his years with the Giants.

Not a big guy but recognized for solid routes and hands... similar speed.

Bailey has the better attitude and while a career like Manningham is no slouch, better upside.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I love Stedman, I think he was a steal where we got him, and I think we will see him on the field a lot in the future. He's faster than Gibson, and he plays faster IMO. I truly believe that Bailey will surprise a lot of people, not just here, but in the NFL. I had him rated a lot higher than a lot a players that went before him.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM added:
I love Stedman, I think he was a steal where we got him, and I think we will see him on the field a lot in the future. He's faster than Gibson, and he plays faster IMO. I truly believe that Bailey will surprise a lot of people, not just here, but in the NFL. I had him rated a lot higher than a lot a players that went before him.
I agree with that but I'll hasten to add that Gibson is a lot taller at 6" versus 5'10".

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
DR RAM added:
I agree with that but I'll hasten to add that Gibson is a lot taller at 6" versus 5'10".
2" means a lot more in the bedroom than the football field. He plays bigger than he is....

He's going to be a hard cover.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM wishing he had an extra two inches:
2" means a lot more in the bedroom than the football field. He plays bigger than he is....

I think the difference is much greater than you think even outside of the bedroom. :lol:

Having said that, I remember either Snead or fisher talking about how Bailey "played the tallest" of all the WRs when they were working out at their pro day. I'm not sure it was the pro day but I do know they specifically mentioned that about Bailey.

Found where I read it. It was a post from max after listening to Sirius radio.

Les Snead was on Sirius radio this afternoon. I turned it on when he had already started, so I may have missed some stuff.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theramshuddle.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theramshuddle.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48287</a>
Les Snead was on Sirius radio this afternoon. I turned it on when he had already started, so I may have missed some stuff.

The QBs that worked out Bailey in WV said he played the tallest of any WR they worked out. And they worked out a lot of WRs that were a lot taller physically. They said that Bailey could go up and get balls that the others couldn't, that when they threw the ball to him it felt like he was the tallest. Very trusting for a QB. That was a big factor in Bailey being high on their board. Never would have had the evaluation without the workouts.

TJ was all Fisher's pick. Snead said he told Fisher, since you played Safety you know more than I do, so pick your guy. TJ has great attitude, the "comes with bad intentions" quote, great athlete, and extremely smart, and that's exactly what Fisher wants in his safety. There were just a few of them that fit that description in this draft.

Ogletree was a calculated risk, though it was thought out. The new LB coach (forgot his name) was grumbling when they made the trade down from 22. The coaches really wanted Alec and didn't want to miss out on him.

Snead said the Buffalo trade was easier said than done. People think you can just dial up a trade up like a piece of cake, but teams have spent a lot of time on their boards and they are prepared to go a certain way and to alter that takes work. Plus you have to know with a reasonable degree of accuracy where your guy will be going off the board, otherwise the trade is off and it was not time well spent.

He said Scott Wells is on the downside of his career, so they see B.Jones as the heir apparent down the road. They are gonna slow Barrett down (he's been pressing to show well for the draft) and get him ready for training camp.

Didn't hear him talk about the other picks, McGee and Stacy.

From my old board. :=:) :whuu: :balling:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:
DR RAM added:

He's going to be a hard cover.
zing bang boom !

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:

I think the difference is much greater than you think even outside of the bedroom. :lol:

Having said that, I remember either Snead or fisher talking about how Bailey "played the tallest" of all the WRs when they were working out at their pro day. I'm not sure it was the pro day but I do know they specifically mentioned that about Bailey.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theramshuddle.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theramshuddle.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48287</a>

The QBs that worked out Bailey in WV said he played the tallest of any WR they worked out. And they worked out a lot of WRs that were a lot taller physically. They said that Bailey could go up and get balls that the others couldn't, that when they threw the ball to him it felt like he was the tallest. Very trusting for a QB. That was a big factor in Bailey being high on their board. Never would have had the evaluation without the workouts.

TJ was all Fisher's pick. Snead said he told Fisher, since you played Safety you know more than I do, so pick your guy. TJ has great attitude, the "comes with bad intentions" quote, great athlete, and extremely smart, and that's exactly what Fisher wants in his safety. There were just a few of them that fit that description in this draft.

Ogletree was a calculated risk, though it was thought out. The new LB coach (forgot his name) was grumbling when they made the trade down from 22. The coaches really wanted Alec and didn't want to miss out on him.

Snead said the Buffalo trade was easier said than done. People think you can just dial up a trade up like a piece of cake, but teams have spent a lot of time on their boards and they are prepared to go a certain way and to alter that takes work. Plus you have to know with a reasonable degree of accuracy where your guy will be going off the board, otherwise the trade is off and it was not time well spent.

He said Scott Wells is on the downside of his career, so they see B.Jones as the heir apparent down the road. They are gonna slow Barrett down (he's been pressing to show well for the draft) and get him ready for training camp.

Don't you hate it when that happens? Getting old/being old sucks.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:

Having said that, I remember either Snead or Fisher talking about how Bailey "played the tallest" of all the WRs when they were working out at their pro day. I'm not sure it was the pro day but I do know they specifically mentioned that about Bailey.

[quote

Don't you hate it when that happens? Getting old/being old sucks.[/quote]