When is a loss really a win?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brucebruce

Rookie
i can't stand the 9ers. their fans, players, stadium...and their fans. oh, and their fans. this batch of players i route against more than any i have ever watched. is there a dirtier team? no way is it my homer eyes seeing how much they get away with. i get it if the refs miss something, but the league needs to discipline dangerous on-field malicious acts.

so no, this loss is not a win. but it was fun for most of the game and there were several bright spots.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So a team with 15 rookies who is OBVIOUSLY in a rebuilding mode gives a overdue Super Bowl team all it can handle?

And you're not seeing that?
I’m not sure what I saw. Great first half , except the last 90 seconds.
Then a terrible second half on both sides of the ball. Purdy missed 3 wide open receivers that would’ve made the score a lot worse. I was impressed by the way the offense ran up and down the field , but the defense still gave up 30 and could’ve been 45.
My point was , it’s the hated Whiners. Take a poll who thought it was a moral victory , and I’ll bet it’s a lopsided result. Let’s see how they do against the 0-2 Bengals.
They will be desperate for a win.
It’s going to be tough on the road in prime time. Go Rams

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Though I'm not as disappointed with this loss to the whiners (other than it being 9th in a row and all those idiot whiner fans), I'd rather beat them playing crappy than lose playing well.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So a team with 15 rookies who is OBVIOUSLY in a rebuilding mode gives a overdue Super Bowl team all it can handle?

And you're not seeing that?

"Please! It is a Re-Setting ... Not a re-building." ... Les Snead

Seriously, I mostly agree with your thought.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I’m not sure what I saw.
I saw a very young team play one of the NFC powerhouses toe to toe.
Yes it is. As will every week. That's what happens when you have 40 some players in year 3 or less. But so far they've acquitted themselves fairly well. All we can hope for is proper progression.

I can't be upset with a young team who MOST picked to win 6 games or less coming out of the first two weeks 1-1. Some said, "if we're 2-4 after 6 we've got a chance to have a decent season". Right now, I see 3-3 AT WORST. And I'd bet we're 4-2 after 6. But it ain't gonna be easy. Did ANYBODY expect EASY?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very encouraged by what I have seen the first 2 weeks of the season, especially considering we are without Kupp.

That being said, I want to see what the rest of the season brings and how we look outside of our division. If you remember, even when we were god-awful, we always played our division tough. Our 2 win teams used to go toe to toe with the Superbowl Seahawks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When you gave 100% against a team that is overdue for a Super Bowl.
I agree with you Soul. This may be a loss in the standings but this game was a win in my book. This was one of the closer games we’ve had versus the Niners and with the youth on this roster that’s definitely a huge win for the Rams future.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even though we lost, I think we're going to move up in the NFL rankings a few notches.

It was that strong of a showing by the Rams

WestCoastRam

Legend
When is a loss really a win? When I win. And I win this season (okay, how about a "we?") I expected to see a lot of non-competitive games this season against top teams and maybe some competitive games against middling teams and now I'm looking forward to a team (if we stay healthy) that can play and possibly win against anyone.

My enjoyment of watching this team this season has gone up. I win. We win?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Especially when you look at how other teams fared

Pittsburgh and Seattle both came back from the 9er loss (Pitt) and Rams loss (Seattle) to win in very difficult circumstances.

I know you can’t use other games to extrapolate power, but it sure looks like we’re a playoff caliber team based on these last two weeks.

And we’re only gonna get better as the season goes on

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Never had a loss give me confidence but this one did. We have a scrappy team this year and that's right up Stafford's alley. Love being the underdog too! So definitely a win in many ways after the sting of a loss to the 49ers subsides.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I never take a loss lightly. I read the board but didn’t post after the game until I could collect my thoughts.

This team has moxie. The Bengals will be desperate regardless of starting QB. We need to steal this one. At the start of the season we’d all sign up for 2-1.

Go Rams! Go get this!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams look like a better team right now than the Bengals. Plus with them maybe going with QB2 gotta say I'm thinking win.

Can these pups switch it up and dunk the winnable game. Gonna be fun to see how they handle it.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
When you gave 100% against a team that is overdue for a Super Bowl.
When it’s a loss by the Niners. Rams made them play a full 60 minutes on Sunday. Maybe they are a little slower on Thursday and the Giants give them some trouble. Last year’s games were like bye weeks for the Niners against the Rams. Aiyuk took a few shots on Sunday. Kittle looked a little banged up and Shanahan had CMC running the ball in the fourth quarter instead of resting on the sidelines. Niners had to be thinking “ Who are those guys “. I thought they were tanking!

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
I’m not sure what I saw. Great first half , except the last 90 seconds.
Then a terrible second half on both sides of the ball. Purdy missed 3 wide open receivers that would’ve made the score a lot worse. I was impressed by the way the offense ran up and down the field , but the defense still gave up 30 and could’ve been 45.
My point was , it’s the hated Whiners. Take a poll who thought it was a moral victory , and I’ll bet it’s a lopsided result. Let’s see how they do against the 0-2 Bengals.
They will be desperate for a win.
Purdy can’t throw a deep ball. He’s a wonderful short to intermediate passer with great accuracy. His deep ball is very mediocre. Rams made the Niners play a full 60 minutes but there are no moral victories.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
When the Niners faithful basking in the So Fi stands and crowing about how much they were going to win in Vegas suddenly looks to see the Rams FG kicker trotting out with 1 second left. FTN! FTN FANS!