When is a loss really a win?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anytime you lose to the Whiners it’s a loss. No silver lining
So a team with 15 rookies who is OBVIOUSLY in a rebuilding mode gives a overdue Super Bowl team all it can handle?

And you're not seeing that?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's not a win but the Bengals are gonna have their hands full next weekend. And this one will be fuel for them for a while.

Ellard80

Legend
I wouldn't go so far as to use the word "win"

but ya if you look at their roster vs ours right now... shouldn't be competitive.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
So a team with 15 rookies who is OBVIOUSLY in a rebuilding mode gives a overdue Super Bowl team all it can handle?

And you're not seeing that?
I see it.. hopefully this will benefit the team the rest of the season, fought their asses off and i for one am very proud. No moral victories, but damn they look better than I thought they would.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I think the answer to this entirely depends on how we play on MNF. Cincy will be the most desperate team in the NFL in week 3. If we come out and lay an egg, then todays hard fought effort was all for nought. If we come out and play well, we’ll be able to look at today as a solid building block.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
When you kick a field goal with two seconds left to screw all of the 9er fans that bet the spread. ;)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Won't call it a win, but I'm still pretty pleased with the fight, the effort and our team being better than anyone expected it to be. We stomped the Shithawks last week, and gave these asswipes all they could handle, and without a few lucky bounces and some zebra assistance, they are going home with an L on their record - and that's despite having more talent on their roster.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So which player wins Rookie of the Year?
Puka Nakua or Kyren Williams?

dang

Legend
So we are beginning to see what we have in the young bucks. Nacua and Avila are for real. Tutu is a weapon with great hands and speed. K Williams runs hard and has a some wiggle. Young will fit nicely into an Edge role. AJax just might be the answer at LT.

We are also beginning to see the serious holes that need to be filled for next year. Need a stud Edge on the roster. Upgrades at Right Guard and Center could make the OL top 5 unit. Will likely need an upgrade at one of the CB positions.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Need to end this losing streak like we did in 1999. Blow them out and run them and their fans out of our stadium.

Then I'll believe we've turned a corner against them.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Yeah It‘s disappointing that we lost to those F!#kers…again, but going into the season I saw this as a potential blowout to what could be the best team in the NFC. The last couple of games against them it felt like we were getting pushed around, out-physicalled (if that’s a word). Didn’t feel that way today.
I like where our young team is at, feels like they’re not going to lay down for anyone.

TexasRam

Legend
So we are beginning to see what we have in the young bucks. Nacua and Avila are for real. Tutu is a weapon with great hands and speed. K Williams runs hard and has a some wiggle. Young will fit nicely into an Edge role. AJax just might be the answer at LT.

We are also beginning to see the serious holes that need to be filled for next year. Need a stud Edge on the roster. Upgrades at Right Guard and Center could make the OL top 5 unit. Will likely need an upgrade at one of the CB positions.
I have to go watch the tape but it seems our Center has been playing well. I think we might have bigger needs.

oldnotdead

Legend
Puka, Tutu and Cooper OMFG what a trio that will be. With this OL Stafford will have time to throw.

The Niners beat the Rams who were without Cooper. That loss to the Rams would be like the Niners not having McCaffery.

That's why in my mind this Niner win has an * next to it.

The OL is legit and will only get better with the experience of playing together. We all knew going into this game we would find out how good this team really is. We found out it's damn good and only going to get better. Next year is in fact shaping up to be a legit Super Bowl run year. IMO this team makes it at least to the Divisional round. Next year they go all the way and win a second Lombardi and send Stafford, Donald, and maybe Kupp off into retirement in 2025 in fine fashion.

Puka looks like Kupp v.2.0 already.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not a moral victory kind of guy but I wasn't pissed or really sad after this loss to that garbage bag of dicks. We played well and I only lament that we really SHOULD have won.

When you kick a field goal with two seconds left to screw all of the 9er fans that bet the spread. ;)
Right? :laugh4:

It helped my pick 'em card as I always pick the Rams and the spread was 8.5.

Thank you Sean. :evil: