What's your biggest 'concern' for the Rams this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could be anything. A position, a unit, a player, whatever.

For me, it's the health of Sam Bradford. That's my biggest concern going forward. I'd like to see him play a full 16 and get into a rhythm with some receivers for once in his freaking career. Of course that concern goes hand-in-hand with the health of the receivers as well. Everytime he gets into a rhythm with a receiver, that guy ends up on IR or something.

So yeah, let me amend that to "Health on offense."

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
O-Line, O-Line, O-Line. Our season will be defined by how they play. If they are good or even passable, i can see 8 wins, maybe even more. If they impersonate matadors as they normally have done over the past ten years, then we could well see another season to forget IMO.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Im with Scots, the O-line is my number one concern.

Can they give Bradford the time he needs to throw? To X's point, can they keep him healthy? Can they open holes in the run game? Who in the hell will be our LG? Is the injury to Wells troublesome?

Really the only known element along the line, IMO, is Dahl.

Anonymous

X said:

For me, it's the health of Sam Bradford. That's my biggest concern going forward. I'd like to see him play a full 16 and get into a rhythm with some receivers for once in his freaking career. Of course that concern goes hand-in-hand with the health of the receivers as well. Everytime he gets into a rhythm with a receiver, that guy ends up on IR or something.

I'm going to alter the rules on this a little.

I got no "biggest concern." They have a nice start.

Where do they still need some improving.

Don't know, haven't seen em yet, but probably linebacker.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
X said:

If you have any concern, no matter how miniscule, then list it.

"Linebacker."

Of all your miniscule concerns, that would be the biggest.

Quit fucking with my rules. :ninja:

Anonymous

X said:
zn said:
X said:

If you have any concern, no matter how miniscule, then list it.

"Linebacker."

Of all your miniscule concerns, that would be the biggest.

Quit freaking with my rules. :ninja:

But! they just have a pretty good start everywhere. I don't promise a world series win or nothin, but, this is not a 2-14 team...it's the 2010 team with 2 draft classes. :mrgreen:

I don't so much have a CONCERN at the beginning, as much as I anticipate having a "wish list" at the end, after 16 games.

If ya know what I mean by that.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
In the interests of full disclosure, OLB is my second concern, and other than those two, I'm pretty confident. Trying not to get too excited though, I've fallen off this bandwagon before and it's more painful every time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ScotsRam said:
In the interests of full disclosure, OLB is my second concern, and other than those two, I'm pretty confident. Trying not to get too excited though, I've fallen off this bandwagon before and it's more painful every time.
I just read that Josh Hull is working with the 1's today instead of Haggan.

And Saffold is MIA today. Not sure what that's about.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
X said:
ScotsRam said:
I just read that Josh Hull is working with the 1's today instead of Haggan.

And Saffold is MIA today. Not sure what that's about.

Some would argue that Saffold's been MIA since about this time last year...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
SCOTT WELLS

I guess this could be O line but I think a healthy Scott Wells is the key to this O line playing exceptional this season. So much that I feel Wells is the key, I even think Aaron Rodgers will not have a monster year because he doesn't have Scott Wells calling his protections.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's an easy one for me. The Offensive Tackle position... specifically Jason Smith.

I don't have any faith in the guy getting it together,,, wish I did. I don't get the feeling that his heart is at all into football. Coaching can't help that. Having said that, I certainly hope that I'm way off on this.

We got a bunch to prove at the LT spot too, but I've got a much better feeling about Saffold.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
1:) O-Line needs to stay healthy and develop into one "Nasty" (No one touches my QB and my running backs will gash you) group.

2:) Receiving corps needs to stay out of the training room. In all seriousness, it is key for receivers to stay healthy.

Go rub some dirt on it and get back out there! :ninja:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Score some damn points week one against Detroit. That's my biggest concern.
Don't come out and score 6 points opening week and leave that lingering doubt in your mind like this could be a repeat of last year. The Lions have a pretty meager pass defense, they have to exploit it at all costs. Open the year with a bang!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Warner4Prez said:
Score some damn points week one against Detroit. That's my biggest concern.
Don't come out and score 6 points opening week and leave that lingering doubt in your mind like this could be a repeat of last year. The Lions have a pretty meager pass defense, they have to exploit it at all costs. Open the year with a bang!

Yeah that's pretty much it.

I hated Josh McDaniels' playcalling at the goalline. Just give the rock to Jack there. Sheesh.

I guess that's my concern...playcalling. That really killed the O w/ McDaniels' stubbornness having all them OL injuries.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Run defense...could be discussed that the o-line is of equal "concern"...our secondary right now is SICK pair that w/ JL and that very very promising front 4, how do we not finally completely go from (near) dead last for years to top 5. We wait until the Lions game and see what unfolds.
Personally I feel our o-line will be able to sustain more long term esp since Fisher and Bordeau each have prior success w/ occurences we may or may not see.

I have confidence that both of these areas of "concern" will alleviate sooner than later by healthy production and unity.

Damn! I have no more concerns.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I have to say as a unit, the O-line followed by the WR. As far as one position, it would be LG and who our outside WR are.

I know that Saffold had a down year and Jason Smith was injured again and looked lost out there before he got hurt, but I have less concern about them then LG. Saffold showed that he could play at a fairly high level in the past and I think had a sophomore slump. Jason Smith looked good at the end of 2010, and I think with good coaching (and we have good O line coach) he can get back to speed. But our LG spot is worrying. Rok came in out of shape. I was hoping he would come in ready to compete and try to win the starting job. But alas. I really hope that Bryan Mattison or Quinn Ojinnaka are not our starting LG, because this season could pretty bad. Remember how people complained about Bell last year? Wait till they see these guys.

Rams have some pretty good slot guys at WR, but no one on the outside that can really strike fear into an opponent. In 2010 the offense really became stagnant when defenses realized that they could crash the middle because the only real offense was running the ball and throwing to Danny Amendola. 2011 was a disaster, and I don't know what to make of that. But if Brian Schottenheimer is going to devise an offense with short, quick passes, there has to be something on the outside just to keep them honest.