Whats up with all the Pead love?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Seems like damn near every thread has someone talking about Pead being our guy. Maybe i missed something, when in the hell did he show anything that made any of you say "Now that guy is a future star."

I would love if he was able to be the player he was supposed to be, but lets face it. Every chance he got, he sucked. He had one big run that made his average look good.

I'm not downing on anyone who believes in him, im just asking you to show me what you see, or explain to me what it is that gives you such faith.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I saw a special set of skills when he got the chance last year, but he didn't always optimize those skills. Things were compounded by missing OTAs and his ball security issues. I'm not ready to anoint him the workhorse/lead back just yet but IMO he is the most talented RB on the roster.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
He's got just as much NFL history as Quick does and Quick didn't miss a bunch of OTAs. Why all the love for Quick?

They both have all the physical tools to be special IMO.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just didn't see it. I remember him falling down, almost running out from under himself. I know he had the one good run, maybe it was two. But to talk about this skill set...what skill set? I don't even think he is our fastest. He may catch the ball better, he was horrible on returns, didn't seem to read the holes well. IMO Richardson played great, reads the holes well, very fast outside move, does well after the catch. I think he has to be our front runner. And for the record, I don't discount Stacy. I think he has a chance. I really think its anyone's spot to have but for people to seem so sure about his hold on the #1 spot seems very premature.

As far as love for Quick, I think everyone, just like with Pead, wants to see the high picks turn out, the one guy people doubted (Jenkins) is gonna be a star. People want that same success, while I like Quick, I don't see him being our guy either.

Also, please keep in mind, my pessimistic outlook is by no means me rooting against them. And I hate to use this saying but hey "This is the show me state....Show me"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, I don't think you even want to be talked into believing he's a good back. And nobody can show you except for Pead. For me, (and I'm no talent evaluator), I saw stuff while looking at his college tape, that I hadn't seen in a running back since the days of Marshall Faulk or Barry Sanders. He has tremendous vision and is more explosive out of his cuts than any other RB I've seen in years. The only thing he's lacking right now is confidence (or at least last year that was the case). If he can get that back, then you'll be shown. If he can't get it, then he'll never make it in this league.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Well, I don't think you even want to be talked into believing he's a good back. And nobody can show you except for Pead. For me, (and I'm no talent evaluator), I saw stuff while looking at his college tape, that I hadn't seen in a running back since the days of Marshall Faulk or Barry Sanders. He has tremendous vision and is more explosive out of his cuts than any other RB I've seen in years. The only thing he's lacking right now is confidence (or at least last year that was the case). If he can get that back, then you'll be shown. If he can't get it, then he'll never make it in this league.

I agree with the college tape. The dude was a freak and i also saw Faulk like play. But was so let down. I don't now if it was confidence he lacked or maybe he was just not up to NFL standards. IDK

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
El Juggernauto said:
Seems like damn near every thread has someone talking about Pead being our guy. Maybe i missed something, when in the hell did he show anything that made any of you say "Now that guy is a future star."

I would love if he was able to be the player he was supposed to be, but lets face it. Every chance he got, he sucked. He had one big run that made his average look good.

I'm not downing on anyone who believes in him, im just asking you to show me what you see, or explain to me what it is that gives you such faith.

When fisher speaks listen to what he says.

All your answers will be there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
El Juggernauto said:
X said:

I agree with the college tape. The dude was a freak and i also saw Faulk like play. But was so let down. I don't now if it was confidence he lacked or maybe he was just not up to NFL standards. IDK
I think he's up to the task. And I think it's absolutely an issue with confidence. Once he got behind, I think he got a little overwhelmed and let it get the better of him. That kept the light from coming on, so to speak. You can tell he has the talent. Playing RB in the NFL is fairly close to playing it in college. The translation is easier than any other position probably. But if your head's not in the game, then you're gonna struggle. Windows are smaller and defenses are faster, so there can't be any hesitation.

I can't say for sure he's gonna make it, but I do know he has what it takes physically.
This game, according to Yogi Berra, is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical. :shifty:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
El Juggernauto said:

Personally I hope he does well but I have to agree with your sentiment Juggs... I don't see him taking the bataan and running with it. I honestly see our resident RB from Vandy taking a huge step this year.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't have a favorite among the RBs. I want them all to do well. If that happens, it won't matter who's carrying the ball on any down.

Fisher has said that each of the RBs have a different skill set they'll be able to use when needed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think most of us just hope he is able to translate what we saw on tapes of his college career and what Fish/Snead saw in him when they drafted him in the second round. He showed a few flashes IIRR in pre-season and of course in those few plays against the cocks.

Let's just hope he brings his A game.

…..

Legend
In unrelated news...

I saw Steven Jackson Sunday in Atlanta. He was kicked back leaning against the wall outside JR Crickets. ( the orgional one, across from the Varsity )

He looked relaxed, was on his phone. I gave him a shout and a wave. Had I not been in a mini convoy with my friends moving an apartment full of furniture, maybe i would have gotten out of the car and had him sign my hat.

Then again....he was on the phone, so that would have been rude.

Then again...I did have a Rams hat on.

<shrug>

Nice to see him though.

Pead????? Meh....I wont believe nuthin till I see it. I'm leaning toward Ganaway as being the guy that has the skill set to be the every down back we need. Dont believe in running back by committe...no matter how the coach spins it, the reality is that only happens to teams that dont have a top running back, or a running back capable of carrying the load.

lockdnram21

Legend
Dog said:
In unrelated news...

I saw Steven Jackson Sunday in Atlanta. He was kicked back leaning against the wall outside JR Crickets. ( the orgional one, across from the Varsity )

He looked relaxed, was on his phone. I gave him a shout and a wave. Had I not been in a mini convoy with my friends moving an apartment full of furniture, maybe i would have gotten out of the car and had him sign my hat.

<shrug>

Nice to see him though.

Pead????? Meh....I wont believe nuthin till I see it. I'm leaning toward Ganaway as being the guy that has the skill set to be the every down back we need. Dont believe in running back by committe...no matter how the coach spins it, the reality is that only happens to teams that dont have a top running back, or a running back capable of carrying the load.

What makes you think ganaway can be that back. He was a product of playing with rg3. Short yardage/goaline. Imo if Benny cunningham is 100% healthy by camp its his job to loose. He has the size and the speed. If not it will be stacy with pead or richardson complimenting him

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
lockdnram21 said:
Dog said:
In unrelated news...

<shrug>

Nice to see him though.

What makes you think ganaway can be that back. He was a product of playing with rg3. Short yardage/goaline. Imo if Benny cunningham is 100% healthy by camp its his job to loose. He has the size and the speed. If not it will be stacy with pead or richardson complimenting him

Yeah - I'm thinking Benny is the wild card here. Watch out for this dude. He's one of those players that I wouldn't be surprised if we do what ever we can to stash him on the roster until he gets healthy.

…..

Legend
lockdnram21 said:
Dog said:
In unrelated news...

<shrug>

Nice to see him though.

So using that logic, Tavon and Steadman are products of playing with Geno Smith? Tough sale bro.

Skill set may have been a bad way to put it since we dont have any game experience to go on. I do like Ganaways combination of size and speed. Also like Ganaways appearence in pads. He looks like a feature back and looks like he handle the punishment. I dont have enough information on any of them though, none of us do. I think its pretty clear we have no obvious candidate so whoever gets to be the starter wont be a huge surprise.

iced

El Juggernauto said:
I just didn't see it. I remember him falling down, almost running out from under himself. I know he had the one good run, maybe it was two. But to talk about this skill set...what skill set? I don't even think he is our fastest. He may catch the ball better, he was horrible on returns, didn't seem to read the holes well. IMO Richardson played great, reads the holes well, very fast outside move, does well after the catch. I think he has to be our front runner. And for the record, I don't discount Stacy. I think he has a chance. I really think its anyone's spot to have but for people to seem so sure about his hold on the #1 spot seems very premature.

As far as love for Quick, I think everyone, just like with Pead, wants to see the high picks turn out, the one guy people doubted (Jenkins) is gonna be a star. People want that same success, while I like Quick, I don't see him being our guy either.

Also, please keep in mind, my pessimistic outlook is by no means me rooting against them. And I hate to use this saying but hey "This is the show me state....Show me"

Look at his carries late in the season - especially the seattle game.. He made a lot of nothing. Even though they weren't explosive, jaw dropping plays - he still did well in limited action with a patchwork o-line against I believe the Top 5 Run D if it wasn't #1, and #1 Points Allowed Defense

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Time will tell. I think we do have our back on the roster so that's a good thing. Like most of the time with the Rams as of late, we are loaded with potential. It's definitely time to "SHOW US THE MONEY". Somebody will step up, somebody will get cut, and somebody will get stashed on the roster for the future. Should we start a pool?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ramhusker thinking he can fleece the sheep:
Time will tell. I think we do have our back on the roster so that's a good thing. Like most of the time with the Rams as of late, we are loaded with potential. It's definitely time to "SHOW US THE MONEY". Somebody will step up, somebody will get cut, and somebody will get stashed on the roster for the future. Should we start a pool?

I don't know about a pool (I never win those things) but I agree with the rest of what you said. Knowing that one (or two) of these guys will step up and "SHOW US THE MONEY" is comforting. I'm pretty sure they all have talent and if our O-line blocks like I'm hoping they will...I think the RB position is gonna be all set with our pick of the litter among them.

Next year year maybe we can concentrate on LB and Safety (possibly RT or LT if needed) in the draft and/or FA. A premium stud at both those two positions would really set up our D for a long time.

nighttrain

Legend
El Juggernauto said:

Fisher has made comments that are very complimentary, after all that happened, that's big
train

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
El Juggernauto said:
X said:

I think he's up to the task. And I think it's absolutely an issue with confidence. Once he got behind, I think he got a little overwhelmed and let it get the better of him. That kept the light from coming on, so to speak. You can tell he has the talent. Playing RB in the NFL is fairly close to playing it in college. The translation is easier than any other position probably. But if your head's not in the game, then you're gonna struggle. Windows are smaller and defenses are faster, so there can't be any hesitation.

I can't say for sure he's gonna make it, but I do know he has what it takes physically.
This game, according to Yogi Berra, is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical. :shifty:
methinks he carried what happened to cause the one game suspension around on his back all year, now it be gone we'll see the real Mr. Pead, whoever that may be.
train