Whats going on with Les Snead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Living 3,000 miles away, I dont get to see local media coverage so he could be very visible and I am just not seeing much of him. In years past however, he has been very visible and vocal about constructing the team, using many witty phrases like "We'll stack good decisions". I thought he would be a larger part of Hard Knocks as was the other GM's but I think he was only on camera a couple of times. I just wonder if something is going on behind the scenes that were not seeing. Could there be a riff on the QB choice? Could he be pissed that he doesnt have a new deal? Anyone have any updates

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think a conspiracy theory is worth investigating. He's just doing his thing and staying behind the scenes. They did just move, so I'm sure he has a lot on his plate along with Demoff and others. We hit Demoff up to do another Q & A here, but he's got way too many commitments at the moment. Last seen, Snead was attending a fundraiser for the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, so he and others in the Org are probably doing a lot lately to reach out to the new communities.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think a story is underlying with Snead. Any reporters score an interview with him lately on the state of the team? Snead stated last year that if the Rams had "stable QB play", they would have made the playoffs. We'll Case, if anything, has been stable, however he is not a "quality" stable QB. What does Les have to say about that? What does he have to say about Grobs lack of development? What are his opinions on Wentz/Prescott opposed to Goff? Why cant Gurley get a 100 yards rushing with a coach that wants to run the ball?? Com'n Vinny, Gary...somebody...get a mic in front of him!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead has been quite visible over the years and now seems invisible.
For a guy with his charisma, he was noticeably absent during Hard Knocks
I think there's something to this as well
We will ever know? Probably not....

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I remember reading that his contract was actually up during pre-season and they were negotiating. Maybe that has hit a wall.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It was completely unorthodox, hiring a coach before the GM.
I still don't know if Snead works for Fisher or if Fisher works for Snead.

Maybe it's niether.
Who's the real shot caller here?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Maybe it's niether.
KD. Snead gets a ton of love on here and I am not sure why. I swear some peeps have man crushes on him. I want to see better decisions in free agency and on draft day.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
KD. Snead gets a ton of love on here and I am not sure why. I swear some peeps have man crushes on him. I want to see better decisions in free agency and on draft day.

Compared to the incompetence of Softli, Shaw, and Devaney. Snead is night and day for me, it's Fisher's coaching that's a real head scratcher. If Fisher is let go, I expect Snead to stay on board.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

No it isn't when you give the Head Coach total control over personnel like Fisher has. Keep in mind the Rams gave Dick Vermeil total control before they hired Charley Armey and it happens throughout the NFL.

Kansas City Chiefs hired Andy Reid before they hired John Dorsey for example and Stan Kroenke before he hired Fisher embraced the New England Patriot Paradigm giving total control to the Head Coach only difference the Rams gave the General Manager title to Les Snead, but everything goes through Jeff Fisher.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Just maybe Sneed is wanting to move on to a team that will give him more control. Right now Fisher has final say on everything.
He wants to make his own brand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No it isn't when you give the Head Coach total control over personnel like Fisher has. Keep in mind the Rams gave Dick Vermeil total control before they hired Charley Armey and it happens throughout the NFL.

Kansas City Chiefs hired Andy Reid before they hired John Dorsey for example and Stan Kroenke before he hired Fisher embraced the New England Patriot Paradigm giving total control to the Head Coach only difference the Rams gave the General Manager title to Les Snead, but everything goes through Jeff Fisher.
I know teams have done it, but most dont. Of 32 teams, most have GM's in place that call the shots.

Most coaches that wear the GM hat aren't very successful.

What I really want to know, is if Snead has the authority to fire Fisher. Or does Fisher have the authority to fire Snead.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What I really want to know, is if Snead has the authority to fire Fisher. Or does Fisher have the authority to fire Snead?

Fisher has the authority to fire Snead, Fisher signed off on Snead's hiring and thus could recommend termination and get ready for this, one of the caveats in retaining Fisher might be turning personnel over to another General Manager, but we shall see if ESK still believes in the Patriot Principal or will follow a different course of action?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I mean, we hit some good picks. The talent of this team is what leaves most of us feeling so deflated. Snead gives us the talent to go 10-6. Its the coaching decisions that keep us under .500. That wasn't the case in past regimes.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They have hit on some picks and certainly missed on others. They did have multiple, quality pics, tho--many more than most NFL teams in the last 4 years. They outsmarted themselves botching Wagner for Quick and then drafting Pead, they were lazy with some picks; like the time they selected Bailey when they saw him at Austins pro day or when they drafted Mason after GRob's day. They also misfired on FA and now are losing quality young players like Jenkins and McCloud.

I just wonder as the losses pile up, was EVERYBODY on board with the Fisher plan? Remember....Victory has a thousand fathers, defeat is an orphan.

I mean, we hit some good picks. The talent of this team is what leaves most of us feeling so deflated. Snead gives us the talent to go 10-6. Its the coaching decisions that keep us under .500. That wasn't the case in past regimes.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't know. Under Snead we've certainly had our share of failed picks, and to be honest the picks that have been successful are the kind that I could see Fisher actually having a say in (on the defensive side of the ball). Take any pick on offense and it seems almost clueless across the board. Even where they've seen success it has been mediocre.

I mean, who really knows, the organization simply won't play finger pointing games, though you'd think that something would eventually come out about the Goff pick.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead was on the sidelines in Detroit last week . The Goff trade will make or break him in my opinion. I'd like to be a mouse in the room with him and Fisher today . The heat is on .

Ram65

Legend

Maybe it's niether.

In the end it will be Kevin Demoff.

It is interesting that Snead hasn't been seen lately. We should all know why he seems to be on NFLN often for a GM. Someone usually post links his public appearances and talks but, I haven't seen them. Snead has been a 50/50 draft kinda guy. Lot's of GMs and teams make lots of drafting mistakes. I liked listen to Snead but, he hasn't been great.

I don't if anything is going on here with Snead. I do think Fisher, Snead and Demoff need to right the Rams soon!

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just maybe Sneed is wanting to move on to a team that will give him more control. Right now Fisher has final say on everything.
He wants to make his own brand.
maybe he's getting as far away from the cowpie as possible.