Whatever Happened to Garrett Reynolds?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I was initially against his signing but he really looked good for his 1 year here.

Then he was mysteriously cut.
Never picked up by another team.
I even stalked him on Facebook trying to get a clue as to what happened.
I couldn't find an article that mentioned what happened to eitner.

That is no way to treat the nephew of Jack Hacksaw Reynolds, especially being he was part of the glue that held the line together in 2015.

Anybody have a clue?

I'm assuming it was some mysterious injury but they never mentioned it. thnx

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was initially against his signing but he really looked good for his 1 year here.

Then he was mysteriously cut.
Never picked up by another team.
I even stalked him on Facebook trying to get a clue as to what happened.
I couldn't find an article that mentioned what happened to eitner.

That is no way to treat the nephew of Jack Hacksaw Reynolds, especially being he was part of the glue that held the line together in 2015.

Anybody have a clue?

I'm assuming it was some mysterious injury but they never mentioned it. thnx
He was picked up by Detroit and I believe has been on their roster ever since then.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks OS. I guess I should have checked his wiki page recently.
He is indeed with Detroit but they have his signing as January 3rd of this year.

The last notation I saw had him being released from IR by the Rams.

Just one of many bad O line moves by the Rams to release him.
It does say he was re-signed by Detroit in 2016 but the top of his page has him as a free agent so kind of conflicting information there.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There's something to be learned about the Rams OL with the FA signing of Garrett Reynolds. When he was inserted at LG next to GRob, GRob all of a sudden started playing a lot better.

I think it one of the failings of Fisher and Boudreau not to notice. I could be wrong, but It appeared to me watching games, GR pointing out opposing LB's and safeties who might be blitzing to GRob and helping him recognize defensive schemes. When GR disappeared, so did GRob's game.

Not sure what happened to GR, but I do know GRob misses him. I sure hope Whitworth fills the gap.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just one of many bad O line moves by the Rams to release him.
If anyone can explain to me why Reynolds OR Eric Kush were cut....I'm all ears. I get the youth thing...Wichman & Brown....maybe even Arkin...and Williams...or that OT from Clemson....but seems like for the health of the QB's (Gurley too), you IR some of the injured guys...and keep Kush & Reynolds...

lockdnram21

Legend
If anyone can explain to me why Reynolds OR Eric Kush were cut....I'm all ears. I get the youth thing...Wichman & Brown....maybe even Arkin...and Williams...or that OT from Clemson....but seems like for the health of the QB's (Gurley too), you IR some of the injured guys...and keep Kush & Reynolds...
Thought Reynolds was hurt when they cut him

WestCoastRam

Legend
It may also speak to a philosophical approach that Snisher took (I don't know that we can divest Snead from this philosophy just yet) whereby the Rams chose not to spend money on certain veterans who could provide tutelage and leadership to the team and instead choose to coach up the consistently youngest team in the league. A good example that many of us pounded the table for: WRs... it sure seemed to me like there were instances where they could have brought another vet aside from Britt in to offer something.

The other side of that coin is the vets they did bring in ended up having the injury bug: Finnegan, Long, Wells. Interestingly, it was always their lower end signings that seemed to pay the biggest dividends.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Kush does make for another challenging OL question regarding Fisher's decisions. Several here thought he beat out Barnes, yet he seemingly couldn't even get past Rhaney, who not only could not get on the field no matter how poorly Barnes performed, but also received a higher salary than Kush last season, who then ended up starting 4 games for Chicago. For those who recall the episode of 'Hard Knocks' where Kush got his walking papers, he was genuinely shocked that he was the guy heading out the door, and many of us agreed with him.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Fisher had "HIS guys" ... and nobody was going to beat out "HIS guys". I'm pretty sure now that Snead and Fisher DID have a falling out last year about how the personell and roster was managed. BTW .... anybody hire Jeff Fisher yet? He's not done coaching ya know....

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW .... anybody hire Jeff Fisher yet? He's not done coaching ya know....
.... and remember, when he comes back as a coach she wants to play the Rams.

Now I have officially heard everything.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Totally agree with all the above.
Loved Reynolds, and the entire line played better with him.
I defended Fisher for four years, but he really shit the bed last year, and losing Reynolds was one of his crowning achievement....read fuck ups.
Looking back, I'm kinda' embarrassed I ever defended him.

Debacled

Starter
Dude got hurt and was let go with an injury settlement. Wasn't picked up till Janurary of 2017 and was going to be a UFA anyways at the end of the year.

Don't see how it was a dumb move to let a guy go that couldn't play and would need to be offered a new contract at the end of said season anyways.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Members here asking many questions on this matter.....not a real hint of an answer just speculations.

How about this question ....wonder why the Saffold/GRob duo never worked? Or the Brown/GRob duo or the Wichmann/Grob duo When the Reynolds/GRob did?

The Saffold/Grob duo goes back for 2 seasons so it was not short term duo. Was Reynolds just a better left OG than Saffold? I sure would not think that so what was it? Kromer comes in & immediately he breaks up the Saffold/GRob marriage why?:thinking:

I said this before Saffold prides himself on being a well prepared game day OL'er. He has said this in many interviews over the many seasons he has played. Wonder how a OL'er who places great value on being prepared likes being paired up with a partner who is the opposite? All the work that Saffold puts into his game is erased when his partner in OL play does not have the same goals & objectives & does not prepare or put in the time to match his preparedness.

Back in 2015 Saffold goes down & now enters the new guy named Garrett Reynolds Now Garrett has always been a back up yr after yr after yr he finally gets his chance & for the later half of the 2015 season he gets this big chance. I might think that Garrett is a willing partner to carry his weight & that of his partner GRob (for a short time) so he can finally secure a starting LG post?

What happens to Garrett early in 2016 after his 2015 great effort? Saffold was made the starting RT so he was not involved @ LG. Boudreau does not reward Garrett in any fashion. Boudreau instead keeps Garrett on the right side. Sending Garrett back to square one fighting for a roster spot not even a taste of any starting position @ LG & totally denied any opportunity to play the LG post. Garrett spends TC & pre season as a 2nd & 3rd string right side back up. And thats how his time with the Rams ended as Garrett was injured in late 4th quarter pre season action while playing with the soon to be unemployed OL'ers & other WWC's.

Sure seems to be some serious :poop: behind the scenes:admin: then :huh:?

Last edited:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
f anyone can explain to me why Reynolds OR Eric Kush were cut....I'm all ears. I
987ff87b4625ab141301c43227b80a7e.gif