What you need to know about TG30

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Hey guys, I'm a new member here and a student at UGA. I've been a Georgia fan my whole life and Gurley has become my favorite player so I am now a Rams fan by default. I've watched a lot of performances by Gurley and have a lot of insider information from his college days so here is a few things I think y'all should know about your new star:

1. He is not 100% yet. Gurley looked great on Sunday but believe me when I say the best is yet to come. He is not running and cutting at full speed yet but he will be soon. I'd say he was at about 80-85%.
2. He can run the 40 in 4.35 or better. Gurley was a track star in high school and even ran hurdles at the Junior Olympics. He was a 4.3 guy in high school and he is just as fast now. Last year the UGA team held a few 40 yard races between some teammates and Gurley beat WR Chris Conley 2 out of 3 times. Conley later ran a laser timed 4.35 40 at the NFL combine. Todd has speed to burn.
3. He has the nastiest stiff arm you have ever seen. We saw it a lot in college but he hasn't had a chance to show it off yet in the NFL. Trust me when I say Gurley is going to put someone in the dirt with a stiff arm very soon.
4. He runs with anger and can take over a game when he really wants to. He is a very soft-spoken guy to the public and is incredibly nice to meet in person (talked to him a few times at UGA). However, when he gets on that football field he turns into a different person and becomes the animal y'all saw on Sunday.
5. He rarely fumbles. In his 510 carries and 65 receptions at Georgia TG3 fumbled a total of 3 times! That's not fumbles lost, that's total fumbles. He has incredible ball security. I believe he lost the ball once last night but fear not, that is a very rare occurrence.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I saw the smarts behind his use of a stiff arm yesterday. He had the safety crashing on him and he could have reached for a stiff arm to the defenders face but rather used it to fend off the tacklers hands as he blew by. . .

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Hey guys, I'm a new member here and a student at UGA. I've been a Georgia fan my whole life and Gurley has become my favorite player so I am now a Rams fan by default. I've watched a lot of performances by Gurley and have a lot of insider information from his college days so here is a few things I think y'all should know about your new star:

1. He is not 100% yet. Gurley looked great on Sunday but believe me when I say the best is yet to come. He is not running and cutting at full speed yet but he will be soon. I'd say he was at about 80-85%.
2. He can run the 40 in 4.35 or better. Gurley was a track star in high school and even ran hurdles at the Junior Olympics. He was a 4.3 guy in high school and he is just as fast now. Last year the UGA team held a few 40 yard races between some teammates and Gurley beat WR Chris Conley 2 out of 3 times. Conley later ran a laser timed 4.35 40 at the NFL combine. Todd has speed to burn.
3. He has the nastiest stiff arm you have ever seen. We saw it a lot in college but he hasn't had a chance to show it off yet in the NFL. Trust me when I say Gurley is going to put someone in the dirt with a stiff arm very soon.
4. He runs with anger and can take over a game when he really wants to. He is a very soft-spoken guy to the public and is incredibly nice to meet in person (talked to him a few times at UGA). However, when he gets on that football field he turns into a different person and becomes the animal y'all saw on Sunday.
5. He rarely fumbles. In his 510 carries and 65 receptions at Georgia TG3 fumbled a total of 3 times! That's not fumbles lost, that's total fumbles. He has incredible ball security. I believe he lost the ball once last night but fear not, that is a very rare occurrence.

You could tell. He wasn't sucking for air or anything, he was just getting up slow at times, and moving slow after the play back to the huddle. This isn't a knock by any means btw, I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with you here. He just hasn't had a lot of playing time to get in football shape. Shit, he's just now getting back to the practice field. We all know there's a difference between being ready in conditional shape, compared to physical shape for this game. Especially when you play the position he does, and the way he plays that position. I hope he gets some time off this week, or Fisher takes it a bit easy on him for a day or so. He doesn't seem the type to ask for it haha. I'm not at all worried about him playbook, or IQ wise on the field here. He'll be fine taking a day off if they decide to go that route. I think that long run in a few weeks is 7 easy for him. He's just getting warmed up.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Welcome to the ROD!!! :banana:(y):rockon::cheers:

I became a Rams fan years ago watching Marshall Faulk.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am just giddy, Is there anything better than a new RB? One that you hope is great and then he starts to show his promise.
New RB'S and QB's have always been very special indeed.
I used to watch SMU just to see ED and boy was I mad he had to split carries with Craig James, (remember that?)
I also would tune into San Diego State games on the radio here in L.A and listen through the static to hear If Marshall brought it to the house yet again on pins and needles with every carry.
And they both became Rams Eventually.
I am trying to not let myself get over hyped like we did after the Seattle win and before the Wash letdown but boy is it hard.
After all RAM fandom is a manic experience.

P.S whatever his 40 time or speed may be when healed and in 100% shape this is for sure. HE IS FAST ENOUGH!

RamzFanz

Damnit

Welcome Dawg...you have landed on the best Rams forum in existence. Enjoy!

I knew almost everything you said except #3 Cloney, because that's how I piss away my time! I also didn't know the fumble stat. Nice! He had me worried on game day because the ball was looser than I like in the NFL.

Fans were commenting that he looked slow and now, allowing for your observations, I will have to accept that. He has upside? Yeah...that's music to my ears!

You will meet a lot of WV fans here that became Rams fans by default when we drafted their 2 best WRs.