What Would You Give Arizona For Fitz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...pay-cut?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

According to the Arizona Republic, Larry Fitzgerald is not open to a pay cut.

Fitzgerald is owed $12.7 million in 2014 and is set to count $18 million against the salary cap. The Cardinals are expected to engage their future Hall of Famer in restructuring negotiations shortly, but things could get hairy if Fitzgerald takes a hard line. We'll have to see if the Cardinals feel converting salary into a bonus paid over the next few years will be enough. Earlier this year, there were whispers that the Cardinals could try to trade Fitzgerald during the offseason.
Source: Arizona Republic
Jan 1 - 12:45 PM

duckhunter

Starter
I'd go all in.

I'd give them a year's supply of CGI burgers and a date with Ramscastamere's girlfriend.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd go all in.

I'd give them a year's supply of CGI burgers and a date with Ramscastamere's girlfriend.

He is owed a lot of money and would Arizona really want to trade him in the division? I would love it, but don't know if they would go for it.

Could see him ending up being a Patriot next year though...:slap:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
No way they trade him to us, but IF they do I'd love to trade him for a 2nd or lower... no way for a 1st rounder.

jap

Legend
I wanted the Horn to trade for Fitz years ago. I don't see the point in bringing him aboard now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've answered this question a few times and i'd still give them a 1st for Fitz. He's a young 30.
Our younger WR's would blossom with this guy on the field and in the locker room. AZ won't trade him to us though.

Fitzgerald has only missed four games his entire career(10 seasons).

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just don't see paying him that much on a young team and giving up a pick. A young 30, ok whatever that means how many more productive years does he have? I think I would rather have Boldin.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I've answered this question a few times and i'd still give them a 1st for Fitz. He's a young 30.
Our younger WR's would blossom with this guy on the field and in the locker room. AZ won't trade him to us though.

Fitzgerald has only missed four games his entire career(10 seasons).
lol wth is a young 30?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
lol wth is a young 30?
He isn't a guy who is nicked up and nursing injuries every other week...missing practice...games etc. He also takes good care of his body,much like SJ did later in his career.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I just don't see paying him that much on a young team and giving up a pick. A young 30, ok whatever that means how many more productive years does he have? I think I would rather have Boldin.

Not saying that I'm for picking up Fitz, but I wouldn't despise it. Receivers have long NFL careers, so I could see him playing another 7-9 years if healthy. And Bolden is a beast, but I'll pick Fitz over Bolden anytime.

V3

Hall of Fame
How would the Rams fit his salary under the cap?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would consider Jake Long an old 28. Does that make sense to you?

IMO Fitz could play and be very productive at least another 3 years,and this Rams team is setting up to be a contender within that time frame. I'd love to have Boldin here too,but i think Larry will be more productive on the field from week to week and in the years ahead.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would not hate having him if the Rams could figure out how to get the rest of the pieces they need and somehow pulled this off you can bet I would be rooting from him to continue on the path his career has taken. I just think there are a lot of other things that are more likely that Snead will be focusing on.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd give up not a dang thing unless he restructures big time. Forget about resigning Quinn with Fitz's contract.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is owed a lot of money and would Arizona really want to trade him in the division? I would love it, but don't know if they would go for it.

Could see him ending up being a Patriot next year though...:slap:

Don't give Brady Fitz, that would be frightening.