What Win/Loss Total at Trade Deadline Would Make the Rams Buyers/Sellers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Good question. It really depends on our defense. I see us w/ 5 wins. But unless injuries happen between now and then most definite buyers on pass rush front or run stopping hog in the middle. I'm not that big on speculation. Some things will happen and other things won't and we'll have no idea it's happening until we read about it here. I'm just along for the ride.
Wow, many fans have us down for 6 - 7 wins total in 2023!!! You see us with 5 wins at the deadline? I always liked your takes and reside in the same camp!!!

I hope they don't spend too much future capital (and they probably won't unless they're in Snackdaddy's 7-1 to 8-0 area, which I don't expect). I'd figure with a young roster, if they're doing well enough to possibly be buyers, they should let it ride with those guys who, with the rest of the season in front of them, might improve even further. Maybe some depth or 1 possible starter.

My answer to the original question is not buyers or sellers as long unless they're extremely bad or extremely good. I don't expect either. Would love to see a 10 win (or more) playoff team with a complete compliment of draft picks in 2024.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think we are sellers and Hav/Akers/Jefferson/Higbee are the most likely players we try to ship out.

I could even see a situation Stafford gets traded away but that’s a bit of a hot take lol

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Not to be a Debbie downer but 4 wins will be tough - real tough. If we get to 4 we are a darn good football team

Red teams seem like losses (yes anything can happen)
Yellow we have a chance - both Seattle & Pitt seem to be in better shape than us
Green I still think these are tough wins but should be winnable

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that I hate that the deadline comes so early, teams now will have played less than half their games.
Other sports trade deadline is about the 2/3rd of season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Love this question, for the right player, I think we could be buyers even at just 4 wins by the deadline. Probably matters as much how those wins go as anything. But being a buyer needs teams to be sellers of something we want so there's a lot of chances that nothing comes of it.

I gotta say, I think people really overestimate how much trade value our players have. I don't imagine the guys who really have trade value (Kupp, Donald), we'd be willing to part with (or that the way so many contracts are structured, it makes sense for other teams).

If we're sellers, we'd be lucky to find a buyer for many of our players. It feels more like a Madden game than reality.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Not to be a Debbie downer but 4 wins will be tough - real tough. If we get to 4 we are a darn good football team

Red teams seem like losses (yes anything can happen)
Yellow we have a chance - both Seattle & Pitt seem to be in better shape than us
Green I still think these are tough wins but should be winnable

I'm guessing the Bengals will be super fired-up.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Even if the Rams wanted to be buyers, just how much CAP do you believe we'll have available ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If it's me the only way I don't sell is if we have a winning record at the deadline.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't think they will buy under any circumstance. They can't afford to have the player walk like Miller did. As far a seller, if Akers breaks out he is the most likely candidate and can bring the biggest price. Maybe Van, but if everyone plays as they have to this point in their careers, nobody will be buying.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Unless they get a younger player with sky-high potential, I don't think they buy. I'm not seeing a winning record in the first eight games. I want to see a winning record, but I also think that a 5-12 season is very much possible, and if that's the case, they're probably selling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's the list of pending FAs for 2024. I've circled the guys who teams would probably be interested in (red). Not sure re: Boom what his cap hit is and all that but it would be nice to see them dish his ass elsewhere too. None of them are going to bring us anything of great value, we're talking midrounders most likely though maybe Higs could bring a third if he's killing it and the team who trades for him is a playoff team and desperate for a TE.

1692490268681.png

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even if the Rams wanted to be buyers, just how much CAP do you believe we'll have available ?
We could be in the market for players finishing up their rookie deals. We’ll have the cap room to extend players in 2024.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Just a bad night for Stetson. No way around it.

sloramfan

Starter
wait a minute...

8-0 and we're buying???...

shit, if we're 8-0, we probably don't have any glaring weaknesses, and the youngsters are playing lights out!!!

i'll take it!..

go rams

slo

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don’t think that our record will matter as much as value.

Snead and McVay will always go by value: if a good offer comes in for any of our players (and I believe that only AD and Kupp are genuinely untouchable), they’ll consider it no matter where we stand in terms of wins and losses.

Similarly, if they put out the feelers and find a player they like for 2024 and beyond, they’ll try to make the trade.

This ^^^

Record itself isn't likely decide whether we're buyers or sellers. If we get a ridiculous offer for one of our players (not likely without Bill O'Brien having control of a team's personnel), I could see us being sellers unless the season is going significantly better than expectations, in which case we might want to keep the performing pieces.

Knowing that next year we're going to have a batrillion $$$ in cap space after all the moves we made this offseason, we might pluck off another roster a proven, talented but disgruntled player that we can afford to pay next year (like we did with Jalen) and bring him in to make him gruntled while building the team for the future. We currently have a 1st round draft pick for next year, and you know how the Rams like to use those to bring in proven talent. So maybe we go get a player who, by themselves, doesn't put us over the top this year, but becomes and integral piece for 2024 and beyond.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The trade deadline deals in the NFL are really nothing like what we see in MLB or the NBA. There has been a little more action than usual in the last few years... because traditionally, there has been very little activity at the NFL trade deadline. In the other major sports leagues the opposite is true.

Just because of that alone, I would guess that nothing significant will happen for the Rams at the deadline regardless of the team's record.

Now if a player we cannot pass up somehow becomes available... the team will make it happen. But looking at the history of the league... that's not very likely.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Record itself isn't likely decide whether we're buyers or sellers. If we get a ridiculous offer for one of our players (not likely without Bill O'Brien having control of a team's personnel), I could see us being sellers unless the season is going significantly better than expectations, in which case we might want to keep the performing pieces.
Yeah the offers need to be there for it to happen. Higs is probably our most desirable player, or will likely be, at the deadline. But I'm sure they're content to let him walk and get a third or fourth rounder for him so not like there's a push to move him. If he starts this season like he's been in camp, though, and the Rams lose otherwise... Then I think that interest might build on him quickly. He's a good player and would undoubtedly help some teams at the deadline. And also it feels likely that they are going to let him walk or at least hit FA which means he's probably gone regardless so if the offer is there on him I figure the Rams take it.

Akers could be expedited the fuck out of here if he gets into it any more with the staff. I doubt that would happen but since we don't know the how's and why's of what happened last season there may still be hard feelings on either side. I'd say he's the most likely guy where the Rams would want him out, and that's only if some more BS were to go down which feels unlikely.

Jefferson's potentially a name of interest but so much depends on how he plays. If he finally clicks in this system I would imagine the Rams explore an extension but if that doesn't look good then moving him starts to make sense. If he disappears or gets hurt again that's gonna be a wrap.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
We'll look to improve for the Playoff run. If a deal is worth it we'll make it, if not we'll stand pat.....