What we were told and what we got

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
We were told the Rams O line was going to be a physical force....what we got was a clumsy, out of sorts line that had tons of penalties and was embarrassing. Three false starts at home? Dont know the last time Ive seen that.

We were told that Britt was a play maker and that he Quick and Cook would be a match up nightmare.....What we got was a very good game from Quick and the invisible man act from Britt. Seems to be better at running his mouth than running his routes. Maybe they rolled coverage to him. Cook continues to be a still athlete and a disappointment to me. Good to see the hype regarding Quick appears to be justified.

We were told the coaches had a plan for Austin....what we got was play calling that seemed forced. Scripted plays to get him the ball, which is fine, but why out of the backfield? It seems every time he gets the ball he is standing still....put him in motion, get him the ball in space and moving.

We were told the Rams had grown as a team....What we got was more sloppy play that was riddled with bad penalties and just poor execution on O.

We were told the Rams D would be epic....What we got was a secondary that played pretty well, tackled pretty well. Gaines showed well overall. The passrush was inconsistent, partly because of a lot of quick passes. Ogletree may be one of the worst LBs in the league of getting off blocks.

We were told the Rams were ready for a fast start....What we got was a team that was pathetically unprepared on the offensive side of the ball. Hill was not playing badly. This team cannot compete with a very green Davis at QB. The level of play on the Oline was shocking. It is hard to believe the OC has the ability to consistently prepare his offense to play. We got more penalties, more sloppy special teams play.
We were told the Rams were going to be a physical team that was going to pound the ball and control the clock. They were sloppy and looked soft. At what point is it more than bad luck regarding injuries?

Its early and the Rams can still have a solid season, but, only if Hill or CK is able to play consistently. We were given a bunch of hype this offseason and got a team that looked just plain flat and bad.

The offense was so close to amateur hour I half expected a players mom to show up with orange wedges for halftime.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Things I agree with;

O-line. I'd like to say I'm surprised. Saffold is made of glass as we all know - and Grob has gotta be better than Joseph. Hopefully he comes in next week. 3 false starts at home sucks.
Austin. Playcalling for him sucks yeah. Forced really is the word for it.
Penalties. Yeah - that's just the way this team is. Youngest team in the league. Gonna give penalties away. Jeff Fisher team, gonna give penalties away.

Otherwise - yeah - Defense? Everyone was predicting us to have record numbers of sacks. Ain't gonna happen. We've lost Sam Bradford which means our offense is hobbled. So we don't have leads. We're gonna see a lot of quick screens, draws and dump-offs to negate our D-lines talent.

I hope I'm wrong but I fear a long season on todays showing because of the above.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We were told the Rams O line was going to be a physical force....what we got was a clumsy, out of sorts line that had tons of penalties and was embarrassing. Three false starts at home? Dont know the last time Ive seen that.

We were told that Britt was a play maker and that he Quick and Cook would be a match up nightmare.....What we got was a very good game from Quick and the invisible man act from Britt. Seems to be better at running his mouth than running his routes. Maybe they rolled coverage to him. Cook continues to be a still athlete and a disappointment to me. Good to see the hype regarding Quick appears to be justified.

We were told the coaches had a plan for Austin....what we got was play calling that seemed forced. Scripted plays to get him the ball, which is fine, but why out of the backfield? It seems every time he gets the ball he is standing still....put him in motion, get him the ball in space and moving.

We were told the Rams had grown as a team....What we got was more sloppy play that was riddled with bad penalties and just poor execution on O.

We were told the Rams D would be epic....What we got was a secondary that played pretty well, tackled pretty well. Gaines showed well overall. The passrush was inconsistent, partly because of a lot of quick passes. Ogletree may be one of the worst LBs in the league of getting off blocks.

We were told the Rams were ready for a fast start....What we got was a team that was pathetically unprepared on the offensive side of the ball. Hill was not playing badly. This team cannot compete with a very green Davis at QB. The level of play on the Oline was shocking. It is hard to believe the OC has the ability to consistently prepare his offense to play. We got more penalties, more sloppy special teams play.
We were told the Rams were going to be a physical team that was going to pound the ball and control the clock. They were sloppy and looked soft. At what point is it more than bad luck regarding injuries?

Its early and the Rams can still have a solid season, but, only if Hill or CK is able to play consistently. We were given a bunch of hype this offseason and got a team that looked just plain flat and bad.

The offense was so close to amateur hour I half expected a players mom to show up with orange wedges for halftime.
I think our play warrants your concerns, but, and this isn't just to you, why can't we keep this kind of stuff in the rant thread?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
We were also told we were a ground and pound team. All i saw was a team with no identity and no clue as to what they were.

cracengl

Rookie
I agree with a lot of your post. But I think a lot of "what we were told" was from overly optimistic people. And apparently, if we just played the entire season in shorts, we'd be going to the Super Bowl.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were also told we were a ground and pound team. All i saw was a team with no identity and no clue as to what they were.
Can't ground and pound behind that line and no threat of a passing game. Remember, we are only a ground and pound team by default. It was not Fishers plan A.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From watching the game I believe Fisher went into panic mode after no production in the first half. Don't know if I buy the Hill injury thing. We have a lot of work to do. We have to open up the playbook and stretch the field the D will be fine. Still think we need too bring in another QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think our play warrants your concerns, but, and this isn't just to you, why can't we keep this kind of stuff in the rant thread?
Fair enough.
My fragile ego needed to know people read it.
Haha. Sad but true.
It probably does belong in the rant thread.

fearsomefour

Legend
From watching the game I believe Fisher went into panic mode after no production in the first half. Don't know if I buy the Hill injury thing. We have a lot of work to do. We have to open up the playbook and stretch the field the D will be fine. Still think we need too bring in another QB.
Walking off the field at halftime it looked like he was walking sort of bent up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fair enough.
My fragile ego needed to know people read it.
Haha. Sad but true.
It probably does belong in the rant thread.
I get it. I'm almost speechless to the way we lost. I already knew that we would miss our QB1, but not having an identity to go to, really hurt us.

fearsomefour

Legend
I get it. I'm almost speechless to the way we lost. I already knew that we would miss our QB1, but not having an identity to go to, really hurt us.
Amen brotha.
I fully expect a refocused, physical team next week vs. Tampa. It is hard to swallow a vet Oline looking so outmatched, but, the benefit is they should be able to regroup quickly.