What we had was a fubar trifecta...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
(With apologies to Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke)

First and foremost, our budding genius HC was outcoached badly by the reigning genius Belichick. And McVay compounded the problems that Belichick created by refusing to make meaningful adjustments. Hopefully, McVay will learn and grow from this. I would bet a lot on it.

Second, and probably mostly as a result of Belichick’s brilliant D scheming, Goff had a very poor game. We all saw it. So many missed opportunities...

Thirdly, our most valuable O player, Gurley, was largely neutered, likely from some kind of injury, IMO. This O is designed to run through and around him and when he’s healthy he is a nightmare to defend. Well, Gurley hasn’t been a nightmare to defend lately, has he? This factor made Belichick’s job so much easier and it’s impossible to quantify. I mean, how valuable was it to be able to somewhat disregard an OPOY caliber player?

Kudos to Wade and his D, though. A magnificent effort was wasted. Such a shame.

Well, I’m done with the finger pointing. Not enough fingers to properly do the job anyway. Lol.

It’s over. I’m happy to think of the Rams future. That’s where I wanna spend my time and energy.

On to FA and the draft!

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This isn't aimed at you Rams43

I think most everybody forgets that McVay is a 2nd year 33 year old Coach, and expects perfection. He got out coached, it happens to everyone. The people blasting him should probably relax a bit. He doesn't walk around saying, "I am a genius". I think most of us understood he wasn't a seasoned, perfect, experienced coach when we hired him.

Somebody name me a better first time coach than him, ever. Someone who was better his first 2 years. I'll wait...

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This isn't aimed at you Rams43

I think most everybody forgets that McVay is a 2nd year 33 year old Coach, and expects perfection. He got out coached, it happens to everyone. The people blasting him should probably relax a bit. He doesn't walk around saying, "I am a genius". I think most of us understood he wasn't a seasoned, perfect, experienced coach when we hired him.

Somebody name me a better first time coach than him, ever. Someone who was better his first 2 years. I'll wait...
Jim Harbaugh?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Honestly man I'm so tired of the whining and finger pointing by the fan base. We got to the Super Bowl. We didn't win. But hey let's try to storyline this thing so it all fits nicely in how we want to look at it eh?

Fubar trifecta. Whatever. But hey if this is the last finger pointing I see about it that would sure be cool.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Honestly man I'm so tired of the whining and finger pointing by the fan base. We got to the Super Bowl. We didn't win. But hey let's try to storyline this thing so it all fits nicely in how we want to look at it eh?

Fubar trifecta. Whatever. But hey if this is the last finger pointing I see about it that would sure be cool.
What else are we supposed to talk about right now?

nighttrain

Legend
Tale any team in the NFL, place them in a Super Bowl, then take away their go to receiver and #1 RB , the guy who was OPoY, what ya think will be the result, take your time....
train

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Bingo on Point 1

Very shortsighted on point 2

As for point 3...refer to point 2

Gurley not being Gurley, especially considering our QB is a very young classic drop back, (those that know...know...those that don’t? they don’t care)
pretty much doomed our O to failure

I didn’t see it coming, I actually believed Gurley was going to be THE factor

Not gonna speculate on WTF, there already is a lame thread currently running

Stump23

Rookie
Weird, I just noticed both coaches went to the Super Bowl their second year coaching
Belicheck coached the Browns before the Patriots....he did not go to the Super Bowl his 2nd year as a head coach.