What the Rams have done for me & my family

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams have created a real sense of family. During the preseason and during each season every game has given us a reason to join together. The "fiesta" atmosphere on game days is wonderful. My GF's family has embraced me as a member and our home as a real gathering spot. The BBQs and potluck nature of the gatherings is wonderful and is what I miss most during the offseason. I have gotten to know her brothers and sister very well in a way we never did before.

Now the "guys" gather once a month for an all night poker fest. It's not cutthroat, and $20-$40 will generally allow you to stay in the game all night. We play a lot of split pot games (2 pot winners) and it's all about luck good and bad. Everyone plays their hand and bluffing is the unspoken rule as being not acceptable. We are family, not competitors. My GF and her sister, girl in-laws have their own party. Everyone simply has a good time. My neighbor occasionally joins us and is amazed at how down-to-earth everyone is. These get togethers have evolved out of the weekly football game gatherings.

My GF's family were largely Cardinal fans who actually tired of their stupidity. The Rams gave them a team to get behind that actually tries to win it all every year. You have no idea how wild the Super Bowl was! Even my neighbor will probably convert from a Card fan to a Ram fan.

So the Rams have brought us closer together. My family is largely in Calif and most like my brother are Dodger fans. I have been largely the only real NFL fan in my family. My brother used to coach baseball at the high school level so that is where his passion lies. One of my sisters played softball from jr. high through college.

My GF is very much younger than I am. That disparity for a long time was a bit of an impairment between my GFs family and myself. But the Rams have helped to bridge that divide. She used to date a lot of guys "of more appropriate age" but ultimately decided that having a man was better than a good looking boy. She is now 40 but looks 10 years younger.

So thank you Rams for improving my life!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
after the 70's , i learned how to prepare myself for disappointments in life a lot better. and the 80's. and the 90's until a grocery clerk , reverend Ike, an awesome 1st round pick, and another baffling colts trade put it all together and showed that yes, even after decades of disillusionment hope sometimes shows itself. and then i learned that cheaters in fact, do win, absolutely crushing that bs saying from way back when.