What the All-22 shows on punt block

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-10-7_18-45-23.png

upload_2014-10-7_18-45-42.png

upload_2014-10-7_18-46-9.png

Now, why did Chase Reynolds have 2 guys to block?

upload_2014-10-7_18-50-14.png

upload_2014-10-7_18-54-0.png

upload_2014-10-7_18-57-51.png

upload_2014-10-7_19-0-16.png

upload_2014-10-7_19-1-2.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice pics and thanks for the effort, Blue and Gold.

We've been pretty solid on kicks, IMO. Returns... That's debateable.

I don't want to give the team a mulligan on this, but sometimes you get beat. It's the NFL.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This play wasn't Reynolds fault like I had originally thought. His only choice was to pick one. In the end, either would have probably blocked the punt.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
It's all on Reynolds for not helicopter scooping both like 2 birds (haha!) W/ 1 stone.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This play wasn't Reynolds fault like I had originally thought. His only choice was to pick one. In the end, either would have probably blocked the punt.
Agreed. We don't really know why left side blocked out and left the 1st guy on left side of center to be a free runner.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Agreed. We don't really know why left side blocked out and left the 1st guy on left side of center to be a free runner.

Yeah, I can understand if someone gets a free run from the edge but leaving two guys virtually unblocked on the interior is just unjustifiably sloppy.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Hey thanks for taking the time to post this, love this stuff! :cheers:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best guess I can make is that Sims goofed. Reynolds is there to pick-up one of the guys coming up the middle. I'm guessing that Sims was supposed to block the guy covering Bates as it seemed to me that they were kicking out on that side. Which would leave the guy who blocked the kick as Reynolds's man.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
The best guess I can make is that Sims goofed. Reynolds is there to pick-up one of the guys coming up the middle. I'm guessing that Sims was supposed to block the guy covering Bates as it seemed to me that they were kicking out on that side. Which would leave the guy who blocked the kick as Reynolds's man.
Possible. But Harkey let his inside guy go, too, leaving him, I guess for Reynolds. But it's possible they were not supposed to doubt the guy who was going to slant over the snapper. The Snapper is vunerable, so he usually needs some help. I dunno . . . I'd love to ask Fassel

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
3 defenders on the right side and 4 plaers rushing the kicker. Looks like a disaster from the start

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possible. But Harkey let his inside guy go, too, leaving him, I guess for Reynolds. But it's possible they were not supposed to doubt the guy who was going to slant over the snapper. The Snapper is vunerable, so he usually needs some help. I dunno . . . I'd love to ask Fassel

That's my guess. That Harkey let his guy through for Reynolds to pick-up. Although, it's certainly possible that McQuaide was supposed to grab the guy who blocked the punt and Sims the guy that McQuaide blocked with Reynolds picking up the guy that he did pick-up in the play.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The guy standing, to our right. Do you think he rushed since there was no gunner on that side?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 defenders on the right side and 4 plaers rushing the kicker. Looks like a disaster from the start

Not really. The thing about the PP is that he can come across the formation and block the guy off the edge. Plus, we had 4 players to block those 4 defenders even without the PP(Reynolds).

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Bottom line is is COULD be McQuaid . . .if he blocks left, just slows the guy, then there is a hat on a hat

upload_2014-10-8_18-54-39.png