What Team Are You On?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Team Pizza or Team Pasta?

• Total voters

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
”Not into Italian food myself…“ ~ @den-the-coach
Nice, Italian food is tough for me because I am one of those who does not do carbs, however, I would always go Pizza over pasta because pizza is like sex, all pizza is good, just some is better then others.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Pasta here. Really good pasta. And, of course, I love pizza.

Personally, I would be interested in a sub-poll of responders who are 100% Italian (all four grandparents) because there is a ton of good pasta ... But really good pasta (Macaroni to us old-timers) is the best.

I remember years ago talking to a work friend about my favorite NYC Bar-B-Que places. He was from the South, and just smiled and shook his head ... gave me the "If You Only Knew Look". Later, I married a girl from the South. When we visited her family and friends down South, and I had Bar-B-Que; and, I understood that guy's look from years earlier.

There are other examples. There are good cheese-steaks in the world. You put good sliced steak and some cheese (onions and peppers as you choose) on a nice piece of bread ... that's good stuff baby! However, after decades of trying "Philly Cheese Steaks" in various cities, I came to the conclusion that one could only get a really good Philly Cheese Steak in Philadelphia.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Does pasta include all its forms, Italian or otherwise?

I mean…if it’s pizza vs Italian pasta alone, pizza wins, but if pasta includes lo mein, ramen, soba, udon, pho, and all the things made with Eastern European egg noodles…

Ah, who am I kidding? I could never give up pizza!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pizza, hands done. Pineapple and all. I'm a big Lo mein fan though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pasta here. Really good pasta. And, of course, I love pizza.

Personally, I would be interested in a sub-poll of responders who are 100% Italian (all four grandparents) because there is a ton of good pasta ... But really good pasta (Macaroni to us old-timers) is the best.

I remember years ago talking to a work friend about my favorite NYC Bar-B-Que places. He was from the South, and just smiled and shook his head ... gave me the "If You Only Knew Look". Later, I married a girl from the South. When we visited her family and friends down South, and I had Bar-B-Que; and, I understood that guy's look from years earlier.

There are other examples. There are good cheese-steaks in the world. You put good sliced steak and some cheese (onions and peppers as you choose) on a nice piece of bread ... that's good stuff baby! However, after decades of trying "Philly Cheese Steaks" in various cities, I came to the conclusion that one could only get a really good Philly Cheese Steak in Philadelphia.
I know it's hard to steer away from Olive Garden bottomless pasta deal, but you really need to try the Crab Rangoon Pizza at Fongs Pizza in Iowa. I read about it online and when I was in Iowa on a trip, I had to stop there for it. I also tried the General Tsaos Pizza and it was good, but not as good as the Crab Rangoon Pizza.

Crab Rangoon Pizza: Crab Rangoon base. surimi, green onion, mozzarella, and asiago topped with crispy wontons and sweet chili sauce. This is some gourmet shyte that even Stu would like! @RamFan503

My Iowa guys ever try Fongs? @ottoman89 and @IowaRam

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I know it's hard to steer away from Olive Garden bottomless pasta deal ...
That's funny but I do think some people consider Olive Garden as an example of good pasta.

And, I enjoy the Olive Garden.

However, Il Vagabondo's homemade gnocchi with meat-sauce (beef, veal and pork) would make you cry.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's funny but I do think some people consider Olive Garden as an example of good pasta.

And, I enjoy the Olive Garden.

However, Il Vagabondo's homemade gnocchi with meat-sauce (beef, veal and pork) would make you cry.
I would probably love it because I love pasta too.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I know it's hard to steer away from Olive Garden bottomless pasta deal, but you really need to try the Crab Rangoon Pizza at Fongs Pizza in Iowa. I read about it online and when I was in Iowa on a trip, I had to stop there for it. I also tried the General Tsaos Pizza and it was good, but not as good as the Crab Rangoon Pizza.

Crab Rangoon Pizza: Crab Rangoon base. surimi, green onion, mozzarella, and asiago topped with crispy wontons and sweet chili sauce. This is some gourmet shyte that even Stu would like! @RamFan503

My Iowa guys ever try Fongs? @ottoman89 and @IowaRam
I believe I've eaten it one time! But I don't remember 100%!

I'm team Pizzzaaaa!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pizza, easily.

Pasta of all kinds makes me physically ill. Honest to goodness, my parents tried to put a noodle into a stew I liked when I was around eleven years old, and after I threw up all over the rug, they never tried it again. For the longest time, even the smell made me feel sick.

But pizza - regular cheese pizza; I could do without the toppings - is so fucking good. If I ever go to Italy or The Hill in St. Louis, I'd go for the pizza places to eat.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does sticking your wet noodle in a pineapple count? Asking for a friend. Btw I’ll get back to @Loyal