What player camp report feedback has most pleased you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am most impressed with the fellas that take the time to go down there, and report for us, and it was made clear yesterday, that their reporting was very accurate.

From the players that I have got to see my own eyes, I am very impressed with Jamon Brown, my initial impression is that he's going to be good. I think Havenstein will be good, and doesn't look like a normal rookie, but Brown has some serious potential. Greg Robinson's makeover is quite, unmistakably remarkable. Looks like a different guy, in a good way.

Michael Brockers is noticeably quicker, stronger, and appears to have gained some moves. I didn't know how high Donald's had upside was, but he is better this year. He's a freak. Quick looks unbelievable. Alexander looks like he belongs. T.J. was all over the place. Our defense will have many new looks.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stedman Bailey. I think he is going to have a really good year. Last year, to me, he really seemed to be right where he was supposed to be on that play. Hearing (or reading) about him having a good first week of camp makes me think he is on his way.

Alec Ogletree is a close second. Our defense might be something special this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Quick
Brown
Mannion
Gurley
Jenkins

Lots of positive buzz with that group.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Really pleased to hear about Brown. We need him to do well and it looks like he is.

Rob Havenstien. A lot of the talking heads were second guessing the Rams for making him their #2 pick. "He's too slow", "he's not very athletic" etc., etc. He seems to be just fine on running plays, and has been adequate in pass pro. I was worried they might be right. The kid seems to know how to get it done and he's going to get better when he gets used to the speed of the game. I'm not worried about RT anymore.

brown, havenstein holding their own against that DL.

J. Brown is my biggest "pleasant surprise"--I had no idea what to expect, with so many other "big names" still on the draft board. Havenstein living up to his draft status is probably next, then #77 Battle already looking "battle-ready" & prepared to back up G.Rob or Havenstein

I agree about Brown. He seems to be getting great praise and we really need these young guys to come through this year.

Ditto on Brown. It's great to hear that a rookie isn't just doing okay (Havenstein) but excelling.

I'd like to say Jamon Brown as well

I am very impressed with Jamon Brown, my initial impression is that he's going to be good. I think Havenstein will be good, and doesn't look like a normal rookie, but Brown has some serious potential.

Ahhh, a bunch of you are very perceptive....
http://www.scout.com/nfl/rams/story/1571619-rookie-linemen-earning-praise-from-rams

1561620.jpg

;Aug 07, 2015 | 02:12 pm
Rookie linemen earning praise from Rams
1342528.jpg

Nate LatschGridironGateway.com
ST. LOUIS — Rams coach Jeff Fisher was asked at the conclusion of Thursday’s practice session if anybody has caught his eye so far in training camp. He then pointed to a pair of rookie offensive linemen.

“You can look at our right tackle and our right guard right now and they look like they’ve been here for a while and that’s good,” Fisher said. “That’s good to have that feeling inside that you have confidence in both Rob Havenstein and ‘JB’ (Jamon Brown) that they can line up and play and it shows with the pads on. They’re doing that, so there’s a lot of good things going on.” The veteran coach, now entering his fourth season with St. Louis, had previously said he didn’t have a problem with starting two rookies on the Rams’ renovated offensive line. If those two earn starting jobs — and all signs point to that being the case — they could be the keys to whether the team can snap its decade-long streak of non-winning seasons. That is a lot to ask of two rookies, of course, but that’s the direction the Rams are heading going into the 2015 campaign with Havenstein at right tackle and Brown at right guard. Havenstein and Brown have drawn praise from the coaching staff as well as their teammates, including the players they have been going up against in practice every day throughout OTAs and now training camp. “I like those guys,” left defensive end Chris Long said. “The guard (Brown) keeps getting better and better. I know people are really happy with him. Will (Hayes) and I think the tackle (Havenstein) has a lot of potential and he’ll be solid for us. “In two, three years from now he’ll be very good, I really believe that, and this year he just has to good. He’s a rookie. He’s going to have his ups and downs. But he’s fully capable of doing that. He’s athletic, he’s big, he’s long, he’s coachable and he’s got the right attitude. He’s a hard worker.” The 6-foot-8, 321-pound Havenstein was a three-year starter at right tackle for the University of Wisconsin, where he blocked for running backs like Montee Ball and Melvin Gordon. Brown, who is listed at 6-6 and 323 pounds, was also a three-year starter in college at Louisville, where he played right tackle before moving to left tackle. Havenstein and Brown have their work cut out for them in practice against a Rams defensive line that is among the best in the NFL and includes five first-round picks. Facing defensive ends like Long and Hayes and defensive tackles Michael Brockers and Nick Fairley every day should help speed up their readiness for the regular season. Of course, the rookies will get thrown to the wolves early with the season opener against the NFC champion Seattle Seahawks and then games against the Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals and Green Bay Packers in the first five weeks.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams 43 if you were'nt sharing all the practice threads with one other private Rams board they would have NOTHING to look at or talk about. I hope they are gratefull Ram brothers. Their board is honestly pitifull. While the ROD is more exciting than another WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Myself seeing Aaron Donald coming off a PB rookie season and just looking unblockable is something every Diehard RAM Fan has to be getting Chills over. How he raises the level of play of Brockers (who has worked hard this offseason with HOF Randy) and then add Quinn and I pray a healthy 20 game season for C. Long , along with our very ,very deep backups who could Start on many other teams. Waiting to see by second pre-season game if we have our center that does'nt need to be more than Mike Gruttadaria was in our World Championship Year. He was good with the group but the season after he was just average or below as an Arizona Cardinal. He got PAID tho as a WC.

Yeah, GabesHorn, the other board doesn't have the camp reporters that ROD does. And it's not even close.

But it is loaded with passionate and knowledgeable Ram fans.

I love to engage in discussions on both boards.

Ram fans is Ram fans, you know? Lol.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Greg Robinson sounds like he's taken a leap instead of a step and that is a pleasant surprise for me. I expected it to take a little longer for him to start beating Quinn like this. My other guy would be Mo Alexander. I had no idea he hurt both of his knees and played through that. Tough kid who should be lighting people up on ST and maybe getting a snap or two on D.

Gordito

UDFA
It's great to hear GRob and Brown looking good. I was glad they picked up Greg last yr. I knew he had the talent, just needed a lil seasoning. Didn't know too much about Jamon, but hope at least one or two of the new lineman would be productive. Other notables for me were Alexander, Brockers, Quick, and Gurley.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Mannion, GRob, Cook, Gurley, J.Brown.

I'm looking for anything on the offensive side.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
All of them our time has come and we need all these young guns we have to step it up.