What player camp report feedback has most pleased you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Tough call, huh?

There have been so many already in just the first week.

I think maybe feedback on GRob is my top choice. Not because it was a surprise so much. But a reinforcement of my expectations. And it is about a #2 overall draft pick, after all.

But there have been quite a few others deserving of at least honorable mention and in no particular order...

Ogletree
Jenkins
Roberson
Joyner
Alexander
Bryant
Mason
Brown
Quick
Bailey

Notice that I didn't include Fairley and Ayers there? According to reports I've read, neither has yet really jumped out and turned heads.

Do you have a different "best player feedback" choice?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Really pleased to hear about Brown. We need him to do well and it looks like he is. Robinson is hyping me up too

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rob Havenstien. A lot of the talking heads were second guessing the Rams for making him their #2 pick. "He's too slow", "he's not very athletic" etc., etc. He seems to be just fine on running plays, and has been adequate in pass pro. I was worried they might be right. The kid seems to know how to get it done and he's going to get better when he gets used to the speed of the game. I'm not worried about RT anymore.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
brown, havenstein holding their own against that DL. Quick's lack of mention of the shoulder situation is great. Janoris seems to realize its a contract year, time to step it up another notch. good to hear that Donald continues to terrorize the backfield. OTH, Foles' poor decision making on checkdowns, scrambles isnt all that encouraging. hopefully Mason and Gurley will help keep defenses honest.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
My biggest concern is the OL. J. Brown is my biggest "pleasant surprise"--I had no idea what to expect, with so many other "big names" still on the draft board. Havenstein living up to his draft status is probably next, then #77 Battle already looking "battle-ready" & prepared to back up G.Rob or Havenstein, G. Rob looking like he's going to the Pro Bowl, and Rhaney showing signs of development (since he's just much more physical than Jones or Barnes at this point).

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me it's Greg Robinson. Comes into camp 15 pounds lighter and very fit for a man his size. I think he has a great season.

upload_2015-8-7_14-4-53.png

Stedman Bailey is a close second!

Last edited:

Big Willie

Starter
GRob, Brock, Quick and Jenkins, and Tree are the ones I am most excited about. If they reach their potential, we are a playoff team.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I agree about Brown. He seems to be getting great praise and we really need these young guys to come through this year.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I must grudgingly admit that I should have included Pead on my list.

I would love to be wrong about him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Ditto on Brown. It's great to hear that a rookie isn't just doing okay (Havenstein) but excelling. While he might not be getting Aaron Donald raves, if he can play above average or NEAR probowl level this year, that would dramatically improve our offensive line.

Quick's return from injury is a close second. Did not expect that.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd like to say Jamon Brown as well, but I'm excited about Demetrius Rhaney. From all the camp reports I've read, it seems like he's just ahead of Barnes and Jones. Looking forward to seeing these guys in game situations.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Gregzilla for me for sure, if he can stop Quinn in his tracks, he can stop anyone.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I must grudgingly admit that I should have included Pead on my list.

I would love to be wrong about him.

Rams 43 if you were'nt sharing all the practice threads with one other private Rams board they would have NOTHING to look at or talk about. I hope they are gratefull Ram brothers. Their board is honestly pitifull. While the ROD is more exciting than another WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Myself seeing Aaron Donald coming off a PB rookie season and just looking unblockable is something every Diehard RAM Fan has to be getting Chills over. How he raises the level of play of Brockers (who has worked hard this offseason with HOF Randy) and then add Quinn and I pray a healthy 20 game season for C. Long , along with our very ,very deep backups who could Start on many other teams. Waiting to see by second pre-season game if we have our center that does'nt need to be more than Mike Gruttadaria was in our World Championship Year. He was good with the group but the season after he was just average or below as an Arizona Cardinal. He got PAID tho as a WC.

Last edited: