What Kind Of Snake Is This ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's not a Burmese Python lol... Thankfully those only are invading/surviving down in South Florida for the most part.

This Florida native snake was crawling across my driveway last night. I've seen him once before hanging around my pepper plants, but this time I was able to snap a pic of him.

I know what kind he is. You don't see these guys very often. Beautiful snakes... zoom in on his spots.

Can you name his species WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP ?

20230215_194025.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Whatever it is, even if venomous, it's probably kinder than my ex could ever be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s a Okeetee corn snake. It’s harmless. It may try to bite if you pick it up but, their bites don’t hurt as much as they startle.

I’d let it be. They eat lizards and mice. Once they are all gone it will move on.

Dirigo

Rookie
Name
Andrew
Maybe a rat snake, I think the general rule of thumb on whether a snake is poisonous or not depends on the shape of the shape of the head. If the snake has a more diamond shape or pointed head, it’s poisonous. If the snake has a rounded head, it’s non-poisnous

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe a rat snake, I think the general rule of thumb on whether a snake is poisonous or not depends on the shape of the shape of the head. If the snake has a more diamond shape or pointed head, it’s poisonous. If the snake has a rounded head, it’s non-poisnous
It’s a corn snake, which is in the Rat Snake family.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I live in Florida and hard to tell from the photo.
But the Pattern it's probably one of the water snakes to me.

What did you find out?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s a Okeetee corn snake. It’s harmless. It may try to bite if you pick it up but, their bites don’t hurt as much as they startle.

I’d let it be. They eat lizards and mice. Once they are all gone it will move on.

Yep

Corn Snake

A young one. Unlimited lizards for him to eat here for sure.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tell him to go after the mice instead. Small reptiles eat a shitload of bugs. #reptilesareyourfriend

Spiders and bats eat bugs (spiders eat flies; bats mostly eat mosquitoes) as well, for all people out there who are scared of them . #spidersandbatsarealsofriends

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I live in Florida and hard to tell from the photo.
But the Pattern it's probably one of the water snakes to me.

What did you find out?
It’s a corn snake.

Water snakes have vertical labial stripes on the lower jaw they aren’t red.