What Is Your Opinion Of Joe Philbin?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
When I hear him speak and from what I saw on Hard Knocks...I think he seems like a good coach and a good leader. I think the easy thing to do is to look at this mess and question just how accurate that can be.

What do you think when you think about Joe Philbin?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think...

"He's been Incognito'ed"

I know how that fucking shit feels.

First thing that comes to mind for me.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I thought he was a little too hard to reach with his no nonsense attitude, and I think it bit him in the ass, because he's so straight line. He didn't even allow cursing at practice. Not sure I would have liked to play for him. He might end up as another case of a guy that is better suited as a coordinator. A head coach, IMO, needs to be accessible, approachable, and needs to have some flexibility with certain players. Not everyone is the same, and if you try to make them that, they will not play like themselves.

It's like having a GF, or wife that changes you, and then one day looks at you, and says, "I don't like you," and then you say, "Good, because I'm not ME anymore."

RamsFan14

Starter
I don't believe he should be fired like some fans think. I believe he does deserve some of the blame for what happened in Miami with that mess, but idk how you can fully expect your coach to know EVERYTHING that goes on in the locker room, that doesn't seem too logical. Idk how one thinks that's the coaches job, maybe a better system should've been in place to watch out for the players? Unfortunately that's how coaches and/or people learn, it's through mistakes. Coaches around the league are probably taking big notes of this Miami situation and will keep a better eye on the players. Maybe the coaches will talk with some players who seem to be in on most of player interaction and they'll report back any disturbing conflict? Some eyes will be in the locker room now? Idk, but I'm sure Philbin will do a better job making sure this situation doesn't occur again. I'd rather look at the body of work the coach has done before making a critical judgement, this situation doesn't change my opinion of him.

With that said, idk too much about him. I haven't heard anything really negative about him. So...

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
I think he's a great X's and O's guy, but he doesn't really know how to be a leader of men.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm guessing the man is a delegator of responsibility instead of a micro-manager. He gives someone a job to do and then expects them to do it. In this case it bit him in the butt. Some players, like some people in business, need a babysitter. If instead Philbin is a micro-manager then he needs some new glasses and a hearing aid.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
And his feet stink.
If Philibin didn't know Incognito's reputation or didn't monitor it he had his head buried in the sand. Incognito is that frat guy that flunked out of school but keeps coming back year after year to the frat house to mc the keg parties, pick fights with freshman pledges, hit on the freshman girlies and pass out on the puke stained couch in the party room only after the last keg is drained.