What is your biggest preseason concern offensively?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is your biggest area of concern to this point in the preseason?

• QB

• OLine

• WR's

• RB's

• TE's

• Coaching/strategy/discipline/execution

Results are only viewable after voting.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Center Center Center. Watched and read everything said from OTA's and all practices allowed to watch and replayed games. If we put Washington next to any of our 3 centers then we deserve whatever happens to Foles. I'm not giving Big Paul the benefit of the doubt with these three and thinking Washington was our 2nd best anything YIKES!!!

For the head coach to actually say our center starter for game one with our biggest rival this year will probably be a gametime decision is just too much and super poor planning. We need a miracle just to get seperation in the threes play and giving each one less reps and NO WAY to gell in any way by the first game. This was a horrible idea. So glad both rooks on the right side have not been the problem so far. Rob Havenstein just needs time and his body is still a work in progress and I'm actually a believer if given time he will be a success along with the highly praised J. Brown at ORG . Hard to get so blessed with our 2nd and 3rd round picks and moving Brown to OG was a great call.

So not taking a Max Garcia or high rated C/G from Georgia Tech when we proceeded to take Andrew Donnal who has not showed much from our 4th rounder so far. I will say if given more time to make his body more Pro ready would be more fair to Donnal recovering still from a knee in his Junior year as he played as a senior at ORT. Iowa prepares its OL the highest with coach Ferentz who many scouts will tell you most players from Iowa have been in the closest program to the Pro's as you will see and the ceilings are'nt as high as other OL rookies, like our G. Rob who knew nothing playing at Auburn except a few plays and not even having his hand in the dirt and no pass pro.

Maybe Snisher wanted to hedge their bet on R. Havenstein br drafting A. Donnal in their OL shotgun drafting approach. I'm not sure he will even make the practice squad when we could have gotten a pretty high rated Center instead. Not at the Wang level at all. Who thought Rhaney,Jones or Barnes would be good enough to start for us this year? Hope Barnes flashes bigtime after sitting with a sore leg last week. Saying one of the 3 will be better than Wells was for us last season playing injured to me is a major copout. Its not just hindsight to say we could have done better as both centers I mentioned in the 4th round and the center the seahawks drafted in the very same 4th round were rated higher by most all scouts , and were all taken right after we took Donnal. Hope its not that versatility issue we see with Snead and Fisher. We need help.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I figured everyone would say o-line, and that is the logical choice, but I went with Coaching. With as much talent as they have on this roster, they should be a playoff caliber team. If we see more of the same neanderthal offense and failure to adjust, this season, like the last 10 will end in failure.

The Rams don't have to put up gaudy passing stats, they just need to be able to keep the other team on their toes. I hope that Cig has more vision than Mr MaGoo, who he replaced. I also hope the decision by Fisher to start what amounts to 3 first time NFL starters, a second year guy, and an oft injured guard pays off. I hope his faith in Coach "Boo" is justified.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Nice thread topic, Mojo.

I voted QB. It all starts there and I need to see Foles read his progressions better. Some deep accuracy, too. Progress on his footwork. Admittedly, it's a smal sampling, but still... The stakes at QB couldn't be higher regarding team success. Ironically, backup play of Keenum and Mannion has been surprisingly good, don't you think?

My second choice would have been coaching. Where's the fundamentals? Where's the efficiency? Where's the sustained drives resulting in a touchdown?

The OL is the soup du jour, I know. Too many rookies and a C position up in the air. But if we take out Washington's play, has there really been big glaring OL issues? Quite the opposite, IMO. They will gel and be fine. Not saying there won't be hiccups, mind you. But they will be much better than last year's OL.

Maybe games 3-4 can ease our fears. Hope so.

FRO

Legend
I picked offensive line. Last year Foles was sacked 9 times in 8 games. Davis/Hill were sacked 47 times. If we want Foles to revert to 2013 form we need to keep him clean. If we want to be a run team we actually have to get push. I think we used the backup QBs as too much of scapegoats. I felt last year our line was the biggest issue on offense. We got zero push in the run game. It's going to be tough initially with all the inexperience we have up front.

After doing some statistical research, I'm not so sure Foles is a huge upgrade production wise over what we had last year. Sure the hope is he reverts to 2013 form. I'm sure the Redskins hope RGIII reverts to 2012 form. The question will be if Kelley's scheme took teams by surprise in 2013 leading to a great statistical year for Foles. Foles is clearly superior talent wise than Hill and Davis. He has to play better than he did in 2014 for us to improve record wise.

Hill/Davis
TD: 20
INT: 16
Yards: 3658
Attempts: 513
Completions: 325
%: 63.4
YPA: 7.1
Sack: 47
Sacked every 11 attempts

Foles (projected over 16 games)
TD: 26
INT: 20
Yards: 4326
Attempts: 622
Completions: 372
%: 59.8
YPA: 7.0
Sack: 18
Sacked every 34 attempts

Big Willie

Starter
If the O-line is just slightly better than last year the Rams should score at least score 7-10 points more a game. Better defense and 10 points would have won at least 4 more games and put them in playoff contention. By eliminating Davin Joseph aren't they better.....

FRO

Legend
If the O-line is just slightly better than last year the Rams should score at least score 7-10 points more a game. Better defense and 10 points would have won at least 4 more games and put them in playoff contention. By eliminating Davin Joseph aren't they better.....
They definitely should be an improved line. I'm hoping our line and QB play is improved enough for us to win 4 more games than last year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I LOVE watching Gurley highlight videos where he shakes tackle attempt after tackle attempt. Most of his big runs are through big holes but a lot of them are 100% his athleticism.
Lynch doesn't even need an O-line, the guy's ability to truck all 11 guys is admirable, despite him playing for the cursed Seahawks.

If Gurley can truck people like that then I have a lot fewer worries. Lynch definitely makes the offense better just with his presence alone.

BygGapVIUAAL2b9.png

I believe 539 yards of his 911 total rushing yards last year came after contact(dont quote me though), as im not sure if that includes passes or kick returns in that 539 yards. Regardless, still led everyone in the power five.

*edit
it says per rush in the picture(did not notice that lol), so yea, it is just rushing stats. He owned everyone in that category. Thats awesome. Knew he led it, but not by more than a yard.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It was O-Line (center), but then I started watching Foles & his footwork...QB by a mile, dude looks worse than Davis...Looks like Pac-12 Foles...

I thought O-line a couple weeks ago. And its definitely a concern. But I ain't liking what I've seen outta Foles so far. Accuracy issues. Holds the ball too long. Decision making. Maybe its the line thats causing it, but it ain't gonna all of a sudden sort everything out. He's got a couple more games to work things out. I hope he gets it figured out by then. If not, deja vu all over again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest worry of the preseason so far is what am I going to drink while watching the Colts game. We'll go with a beer with the bbq but the question is which beer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well its been pretty offensive so far this preseason
No all of the above?

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The Oline they will hit some bumps but I think they will get it done.

…..

Legend
I vote O'Line as a concern but I'm real curious how well this all-star coaching staff can prepare the team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted coaching. I'm concerned about other areas, like the oline, but we've not seen a Fisher lead team score many points.

First it was a weak WR corp. Then back up QB's. Now it's the oline?

Just score friggin points. Now.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Coaching. Planning, practice and preparation.

Talent is not our issue...or it shouldn't be...Given the crazy number of picks in the first three rounds we've had in the last few this team has had . Not to mention the bonus picks next year. Snead has done a good job negotiating the draft. Austin may be the one boo boo but that is yet to be seen for sure. Hopefully he comes around. Nobody can argue we haven't had the opportunity to gather the talent.

It's time to shit or get of the pot.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a trick question, right? ;)