What is your biggest preseason concern offensively?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is your biggest area of concern to this point in the preseason?

• QB

• OLine

• WR's

• RB's

• TE's

• Coaching/strategy/discipline/execution

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like polls and we don't have enough of them in here, so here's one...

Many fans are expressing concern with the seemingly sloppy preseason play early on with two games and a scrimmage in the books. Lets get a pulse on where this board thinks the main issue lies OFFENSIVELY.
I'm sure many would like to vote for more than one, but in this poll you must pick ONE. If you could wave a magic wand and fix one area that you feel is a real problem...pick it.

Foles reading a defense? Gurley's knee? Mason's hair color? Tavon running the right routes? Bailey getting no looks? Quick's shoulder? Robinson moving his feet? LG? Kendricks dropping passes? Barrett Jones blocking nose tackles? False starts and general confusion as to what an offense is supposed to look like?

Public poll fellas!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
O-line easily. Washington is a joke, if Saffold isn't ready you either have to swing Reynolds around or get Wichmann out there. Washington is pretty much (insert any lineman from the past 10 years that let somebody walk right past them) 2.0. Ojinnaka, Hunter, Smith and Richardson are embarrassed to watch this guy play Olineman. It's brutal, he couldn't stop a faucet that was already turned off.

Outside of that, I saw somebody else post that our guys were barely even getting play time together. There's no way these guys have had time to jell as a unit. The carosel of centers is one thing, then you compound it on the fact that Saffold isn't playing and our rookies Havenstein and Brown have gotten less reps and play time than guys who won't be tasked to keep our starting QB alive and it's just a shit sandwich.

I get it, it's just preseason, but isn't this the time where a guy is supposed to get out his mistakes and learn? It seems like we're just sending a bunch of guys to the hounds when the games matter.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I voted OLine. I haven't seen enough push in the running game and the pass pro looks leaky. I believe that Foles can get the job done, i think our RB's even minus Gurley are pretty good, and i like our TE's in both the receiving/blocking department. I do have some minor concerns over the transition to a first time OC and getting the whole thing to sync up.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
It's preseason and I'm not really ready to go crazy yet. . . But I will throw one into this debate that isn't being discussed.

How about our special teams. . . Mainly our legs. Greg and Hekker have been off.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's preseason and I'm not really ready to go crazy yet. . . But I will throw one into this debate that isn't being discussed.

How about our special teams. . . Mainly our legs. Greg and Hekker have been off.
This thread and poll is dedicated to the OFFENSE ONLY my friend :)
th

Feel free to create a poll on the special teams though (y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Had to go QB because Saffold will be back and I think Barnes is the answer at C.

I'm worried that he learn the routes and checks down efficiently. Also that his second option is thrown to as well as he does his first option.

Athos

Legend
Oline makes everything go.

Though Lynch has put up sick #s despite a shit line.

I hope Gurley can be our Lynch.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Oline makes everything go.

Though Lynch has put up sick #s despite a crap line.

I hope Gurley can be our Lynch.
Lynch doesn't even need an O-line, the guy's ability to truck all 11 guys is admirable, despite him playing for the cursed Seahawks.

If Gurley can truck people like that then I have a lot fewer worries. Lynch definitely makes the offense better just with his presence alone.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lynch doesn't even need an O-line, the guy's ability to truck all 11 guys is admirable, despite him playing for the cursed Seahawks.

If Gurley can truck people like that then I have a lot fewer worries. Lynch definitely makes the offense better just with his presence alone.

I LOVE watching Gurley highlight videos where he shakes tackle attempt after tackle attempt. Most of his big runs are through big holes but a lot of them are 100% his athleticism.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It was O-Line (center), but then I started watching Foles & his footwork...QB by a mile, dude looks worse than Davis...Looks like Pac-12 Foles...

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This thread and poll is dedicated to the OFFENSE ONLY my friend :)
th

Feel free to create a poll on the special teams though (y)

Dammit I'm a failure. My biggest concern so far would be Saffold getting injured so early.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
O-line, the idea of Brandon Washington being in the starting lineup makes me puke. We've seen what Foles can do with a clean pocket, simple cause-and-effect relationship.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
QB
Just about anything would be an improvement over last year's QB situation... but I really never imagined being able to shed Bradford's huge contract and at the same time bring in a proven NFL winner in Foles. I'm liking what I see out of Keenum too. I think we did better than anyone could have realistically dreamed of with the QB position this offseason.

***OLine
3 new starters with very little to no experience. 2nd year LT. All of them except our new center are players with loads of potential and talent. I still think it's an improvement over last year's group, but the lack of experience in this year's group will cause us some growing pains. I get the feeling the growing pains won't be worse than the outright agony Wells gave me last year though.

WR's
With Quick's return, the additional 1 yr of experience for Austin and Bailey, and Britt's resigning... I think we have a nice group of weapons at WR. I'm expecting a 3rd year break out season for both Tavon and Stedman. Having a solid QB will make a very big difference for this group as well.

RB's
Bitch, PLEASE.

TE's
I'm a big fan of both Cookie and Kendricks. Just like the WRs,,, this group will benefit greatly from having a solid QB under center. The others contribute big too.

Coaching / strategy / discipline
I'm not including execution on this because I put that on the players. I like the stability this year brings. Williams was the DC that Fish wanted from the beginning,,, now he's coming into his 2nd yr. The DC has been a revolving door for the last 3 yrs. Cigs was on the staff last yr,,, so we didn't have to change everything communication wise,,, he already knows the players,,, I wanted a change from Schotty. Bones is a beast. Plus, I'm a Fisher homer.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Besides RB, I'm concerned about every position on this offense.

Mostly OL and QB. TEs and WRs will probably be okay.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
QB
Just about anything would be an improvement over last year's QB situation... but I really never imagined being able to shed Bradford's huge contract and at the same time bring in a proven NFL winner in Foles. I'm liking what I see out of Keenum too. I think we did better than anyone could have realistically dreamed of with the QB position this offseason.

***OLine
3 new starters with very little to no experience. 2nd year LT. All of them except our new center are players with loads of potential and talent. I still think it's an improvement over last year's group, but the lack of experience in this year's group will cause us some growing pains. I get the feeling the growing pains won't be worse than the outright agony Wells gave me last year though.

WR's
With Quick's return, the additional 1 yr of experience for Austin and Bailey, and Britt's resigning... I think we have a nice group of weapons at WR. I'm expecting a 3rd year break out season for both Tavon and Stedman. Having a solid QB will make a very big difference for this group as well.

RB's
Bitch, PLEASE.

TE's
I'm a big fan of both Cookie and Kendricks. Just like the WRs,,, this group will benefit greatly from having a solid QB under center. The others contribute big too.

Coaching / strategy / discipline
I'm not including execution on this because I put that on the players. I like the stability this year brings. Williams was the DC that Fish wanted from the beginning,,, now he's coming into his 2nd yr. The DC has been a revolving door for the last 3 yrs. Cigs was on the staff last yr,,, so we didn't have to change everything communication wise,,, he already knows the players,,, I wanted a change from Schotty. Bones is a beast. Plus, I'm a Fisher homer.

I went with o-line.
Pretty much everything @Selassie I said.