What is Wade's Track Record?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

~lyser

Rookie
Being too lazy to look it up myself, I was wondering if Wade's scheme has had collapses in the run game like that in his other stops? I was surprised at how the D lost that game for us. Is it a scheme thing or a personnel thing? Is is fixable this year with the guys we have? What is the history with "sonofbum top 5 D" everywhere he goes?

Also, was it just cramps with Tru? Webster gonna be ready Thursday? Do I masturbate too much? Everett OK?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wade's scheme at times can be susceptible against the run as the Broncos defense did struggle against the run last season as an example and it's obvious that a space eater in the middle and maybe a true thumper next to Ogletree will be a priority in the off-season, but I'm hoping with more time in the scheme, Barron & Donald will balance the scale moving forward.

Johnson was just cramps and Everett has a thigh contusion and is day to day (aren't we all?) as to Webster, he better be ready against the Niners before I start comparing him to you and me and Brandon McGee.

~lyser

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wade's scheme at times can be susceptible against the run as the Broncos defense did struggle against the run last season as an example and it's obvious that a space eater in the middle and maybe a true thumper next to Ogletree will be a priority in the off-season, but I'm hoping with more time in the scheme, Barron & Donald will balance the scale moving forward.

Johnson was just cramps and Everett has a thigh contusion and is day to day (aren't we all?) as to Webster, he better be ready against the Niners before I start comparing him to you and me and Brandon McGee.

Laff, yup most are day to day, I'm hour to hour some days.

Upstate NY eh? Where abouts? How about an upstate Rams booster club? Might just be you, me and my cat though.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IM thinking its game 2 in a new scheme with AD now back trying to get up to game speed .. DL and the defense in general spent a a lot of time in the Washington backfield instead of the playing the run with a tad more discipline

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was surprised at how the D lost that game for us
I wanted to address this FIRST....the D struggled...but again this is a team game....we say "pick your teammate up" when they make an error...or bad play...because they'd do it for you...The D dropped the ball yesterday...yet the offense was in position to pick them up....they failed too.

As to Son of Bum's defense...They use a large Nose guard....at the point of the 3-4....but they have been weak against the run. I never believed Barron was an ILB....it's just not that easy of a move....better/bigger DT's could keep him a little cleaner to flow to the play but he's not a run stuffer...he doesn't take on blockers well. Tree has troubles too...but I believe he can improve...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Game 2 with a new coach and system. Against a team determined to make the run work. I think I'll wait to see if they just need some more reps before I think it'll be a season long problem. I have a feeling run defense will be a priority this week.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Upstate NY eh? Where abouts? How about an upstate Rams booster club? Might just be you, me and my cat though.

Albany, NY, reside in Guilderland (how about you?)....I'm good with Cats, if they are Siamese if you please and Siamese if you don't please.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

It was commented on, during the game, That it was highly unusual for a Phillips "D" to get beat by the out-side rushing attack. Do you think that's true Coach!?!
We have to do something about our Run D, giving up 229 yards rushing a game won't cut it! And we have a short week to fix this problem!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think they need more of an OLB with speed rather than DE/OLB hybrids like Barwin, Quinn and Longacre. Maybe can get away with one, but not 3.

Maybe at some point Price and Ekuban get more time, although Ekuban looks a bit stiff to me in space.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Having an undersized D-line will whiff a lot of rushing yards if your linebackers have problems attacking out of position. Hoping Ogletree and Barron are still trying to learn how to operate in a 3-4 effectively or else Zeke and Hyde will gash us consistently

BKBISTRO

UDFA
Hopefully Donald will think twice about holding out again next year. With more performances like these, he won't have much leverage in his contract negotiation this year. However, I'm rooting for him to become his dominant self so that he has us by the balls for many more millions per year.

UtahRam

Rookie
Being too lazy to look it up myself, I was wondering if Wade's scheme has had collapses in the run game like that in his other stops? I was surprised at how the D lost that game for us. Is it a scheme thing or a personnel thing? Is is fixable this year with the guys we have? What is the history with "sonofbum top 5 D" everywhere he goes?

Also, was it just cramps with Tru? Webster gonna be ready Thursday? Do I masturbate too much? Everett OK?

Yes, your neighbors say you werk a jerk way too often.

The Bus

UDFA
Name
Chad
Albany, NY, reside in Guilderland (how about you?)....I'm good with Cats, if they are Siamese if you please and Siamese if you don't please.

Nice to see we have some upstate ny rams fans on ROD. Im from albany ny myself. Salute

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nice to see we have some upstate ny rams fans on ROD. Im from albany ny myself. Salute
giphy.gif

~lyser

Rookie
I'm in Rochester. You guys in Albany are CENTRAL NY. If the rams make the playoffs we should all meet in Syracuse to cheer them on

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Real good interview today of Wade. I think he pretty much spelled things out in the interview...

1. Skins had a great gameplan, lot of things that had worked against Wade defenses where he'd been. Stuff that the Rams' defense hadn't seen on film. Owned that and the fact the team not playing well was his fault.

2. Talked about the ILBs and how they got better in the second half, "too little too late."

3. Talked about Quinn struggling setting the edge, how he hadn't done it before really as a LB and he expects him to get better.

4. Discussed Donald being rusty. How he held up pretty well and still flashed but expects him to get better.

Overall it's kind of what I suspected that Gruden really went all out on that gameplan to avoid going 0-2 not to mention avoiding a loss to his wunderkind OC's new team.

Also he talked about how the 9ers must be lickin their chops, what with their production vs Seattle then facing a Rams defense that gave up over 200 yards.

Gotta think he'll have these guys ready. I hope so at least, because the Shanny run attack ain't no joke.

~lyser

Rookie
Yup, that sounds like a man that will have his boys ready to ride hard.