What is the reason for the lack of focus and discipline?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd like to see a member of the media ask this question.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Coaching is usually to blame. Who knows anymore.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
and player improvement from year to year players or coaching?

This team will never be truly successful until it gets the penalty bug corrected. I must admit though, the refs really blow calls with the Rams it seems. Partly my bias and partly the team's reputation. Mostly I'd call it a coaching issue. Correct technique is on coaching.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This team will never be truly successful until it gets the penalty bug corrected. I must admit though, the refs really blow calls with the Rams it seems. Partly my bias and partly the team's reputation. Mostly I'd call it a coaching issue. Correct technique is on coaching.

^ this.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith

There's that. I really hope that soon one of those "boom.....the lights come on" moments occurs. I think our O Line is in need of 2 more bullies in the interior. Couldn't crack any holes today against an upper level D, and that's where we need to be if we wanna be the man. O Line didn't even get miffed today out there. Just took it from them.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It's a mixture of all of it. Coaching, youth, frustration, etc.

OhioRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The refs really bug me, they seem to really have it out for JJ and Tru Johnson

Alan

Legend
bluecoconuts with commonly held wisdom:
Youth.

I'm not so sure about that. It might seem like it's mostly rookies and that's where Fisher placed most of the blame but that's deceptive because we have so many rookies. One of the worst offenders this year is Chris Long.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not so sure about that. It might seem like it's mostly rookies and that's where Fisher placed most of the blame but that's deceptive because we have so many rookies. One of the worst offenders this year is Chris Long.
you'll get that when the leader of the D is trying to get his guys into the game, fire them up with a big play
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coaching, youth and leadership...but the penalties are not entirely our fault. We get the short end of the stick often. Just need to cut down on the stupid penalties.

duckhunter

Starter
Let's not forget, draft not too smart players and they do not too smart things.

I can't recall recently hearing of a Ram's player being accused of being smart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Napa Jack

UDFA
It's endemic. From the top down this organization cannot get it right. The Rams have had high draft picks for a decade and where are they? The Rams have gone through several coaching staffs with no change in results. We will go through these high Redskin/St Louis picks and will it change the organizational dysfunction?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Lack of a veteran leadership in some of the units. Young players listen to veterans they play aside of more than they do coaches.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I do think at some point it becomes the coach's job to get it rectified and if they don't they don't see the problem as defined

Alan

Legend
nighttrain with a charitable view:
you'll get that when the leader of the D is trying to get his guys into the game, fire them up with a big play
That's impossible to prove one way or the other but personal fouls and offsides aren't going to accomplish that. Aren't those the things that rookies do? He's doing the exact opposite what what he should be doing to set an example for the rookies.

This is probably sacrilegious but I think he's trying to overcompensate for the fall off in his play. I've been extremely disappointed in him from the first preseason game. My vision sucks so I could be wrong but has he personally had a really good game this year? The overall play of the D-line has degraded from last year IMO and I think the play of Langford and Long have been our weakest links. Of course the D-line is our best unit so it's relative criticism.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have wondered if Fisher being on the competition committee has anything to do with the penalties. Does he rip the refs behind closed doors so they are up for the games they have with him? Honestly a lot of the penalties are legit but then I see the same thing in other games (like NO Carolina last night) that go uncalled.