What IF we had beaten Tampa?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What a season pivoting game that was. I mean…

What IF we hold on and win that game?

The following week was home against the Cards, without Murray. The Rams might have been a little more hungry with that blood in the water.

That would make us 5-4 going into New Orleans. I think we go in with a different moxie and win that. The Saints suck.

We would be 6-5 right now after taking that KC loss.

I get we have oline problems and maybe it would still be a crappier year… But that was not too crazy a scenario was it?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
john-greenleaf-whittiers-quotes-1.jpg

Ellard80

Legend
the 40 sec drive to lose the game was pretty much the end of the season.

however, if we would have sustained the same injuries in the following weeks.... wouldn't matter anyway.

dang

Legend
The Rams were simply not a playoff team this year. But on the bright side it allows for a thorough assessment of their entire roster and healing for vets who will be important for a rebound next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, that loss changed everything. We were playing for our season and imploded. If we win that game, we're fighting hard for a playoff spot right now instead of accepting the tank.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The team has been playing not to lose instead of going for the jugular and trying to bury their opponent for as long as I can remember.

Hopefully this is a wake up call and blessing in disguise. Those 3 point victories to close out the year last season were great and all.... But man, the team made it way too difficult on themselves because they lack a killer instinct. McVay needs to shed the Mr. Nice Guy thing and develop a little bit of an edge.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Rams didn't look like a playoff team against the Bucs. They were fumbling, committing penalties, Stafford was 5 for 17 passing to players other than Cooper Kupp. Outside of Coop's TD they averaged 2.5 yards per play on offense. Like Jeff Fisher's 3-1 start in 2016, a modestly respectable record is only thinly masking the deeper issues.

The Rams moxie or attitude or whatever is not our problem. Almost their entire starting offense has been sidelined with injury, and they were setting an ominous tone for the season from week 1 against Buffalo.

Only alternative scenario this season where the Rams are competing is if everyone had stayed healthy.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think it would have only prolonged the agony. Perhaps made it worse. When I think of "what if games" it's the 75 CCG vs Dallas, the 89 CCG vs. SF, SB36 or SB53.

Fatboy

Rookie
We'd be 4 & 7, tied with the Cardinals for last place ! --- the Fatboy

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Even that game was marred by the injured guys not being on the field. I believe completely that if our OL hasn't been 3rd-4th stringers from much of the season, we'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt. I'm still ticked when I hear sports talk guys say how awful we have been this year fresh off a Superbowl. We may currently be one of the all time most injured teams in history. Hard to maintain elite level of play with guys literally taken off the streets and practice squads IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That game broke the spirit of the team.
I think that is the gist of the conversation. It broke our spirit.

Would we have won the games assumed in the original post? Maybe/probably not. But the NFL is a sport where momentum and swagger raises the play a little. The wind left our sails on that day.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What a season pivoting game that was. I mean…

What IF we hold on and win that game?

The following week was home against the Cards, without Murray. The Rams might have been a little more hungry with that blood in the water.

That would make us 5-4 going into New Orleans. I think we go in with a different moxie and win that. The Saints suck.

We would be 6-5 right now after taking that KC loss.

I get we have oline problems and maybe it would still be a crappier year… But that was not too crazy a scenario was it?
Thats why we all blame Morris for our shitty season. LOL