What if Mcvay really retired ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Just wondering being 14.5 million over the cap next year and what if Mcvay retires? We have players possibly moving on or retiring. How do we keep the fans in the seats? Does Morris become the new head coach? what kind of team Are we left with? I envisioned a young ambitious coach (Mcvay) hanging around and creating a legend like Bill B. If coach stays then because of the cap they have a big challenge to try and compete next year and I feel Mcvay and Sneed are up to the challenge but what if Mcvay retires...... Time will tell. Go rams.

TXRams86

The Infamous
He isn’t going to retire. Not now, not for a while. This whole “McVay retiring” noise came up after comments he made about wanting to spend time with his fiancé and future children. He isn’t married yet, doesn’t have any kids so there’s still some time to go there.

What did people expect him to respond to that question? He answered it as diplomatically as possible and based on the climate - Brady had just retired with the big reason being his family.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Agreed. I feel at least 2 more seasons is a 100% sure thing for us to have Coach McVay.
He'll need to first get married and/or get that thing pregnant, before he REALLY starts deciding about spending more time with family. We're completely safe for 2 more years.

LOL, I purposely said "get that thing pregnant" as sarcasm because she's so gorgeous.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
McVay is a smart dude. When the time comes I'm sure he'll ask for advice from coaches with families on how to balance both. Let's not feed the troll media people. We're smarter than this.

TXRams86

The Infamous
McVay was also strung the fuck out on whatever was keeping him awake for more than 24 hours when all this chatter started. Dude probably didn’t believe he’d make it to Tuesday, let alone commit to coaching for another few years. He also wants to get paid and this is the best way about doing it. “We’ll see” is a perfect negotiation tactic when compared to “absolutely”.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
If McVay was really retiring, there would have been some panic out of Minnesota on Monday, when the Vikes calls to Kevin O'Connell suddenly started going straight to voicemail.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
He LOVES this game!! I bet he stays with us for another 10 years. He ain't going anywhere!! Please please stay coach

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Check with him when he hits forty not before.

Ram77

Rookie
Vermeil retired in his first stint with Philly after 6 seasons. McVay just finished 5. I think he coaches this season and then he will Really consider stepping away-burnout is real. You can see it in his face-the guy lives and breathes football and isn't that even keeled with his energy and his propensity to do too much-his motor is redlined from sunrise to sunset.

MachS

Hall of Fame
his motor is redlined from sunrise to sunset.
There's no doubt this is true. I bet if McVay retires then so does AD and vice versa. If one of them returns both of them will. Kind of crazy tbh at their ages. Will send us back to mediocrity there's no doubt about that, but at least we got another SB.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
What kind of hit yesterday about this potential retirement, is that it would definitely makes sense given our all in type mentally. I wouldn't be shocked Mcvay stays as long as Stafford stays.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
b7da3658d81ee238caec17b0cd5a6db0.gif

socalrams90

Starter
Saw this on rams Reddit. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Attachments

• AF20CB1E-6AB1-4FA4-A041-3C298E89162C.jpeg
    AF20CB1E-6AB1-4FA4-A041-3C298E89162C.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 101

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd probably cry. After years of turmoil, we finally get a great HC and GM, and then of course our great young HC would retire. And send us back go mediocrity.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If we're going to have this conversation, who would you really want to coach us? Asshole Face wouldn't be the worst decision as much as I hate typing this. I mean fuck this can't happen to us can it? The highest of highs followed by McVay, Whit, and AD retiring? :bigcry: