What I would like to see from the offense....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Quick short passing game. It was highlighted the other night that the Bears were giving up a large cushion to Cooks on the outside. Use it. McVay readily uses the pass to make teams adjust allowing us to come back to the run once the Strong Safety comes out of the box. The other night Bears played the nickel as their base defense but had the SS in the box. We didn't adjust. (and wasn't on either....) Our screens were too slow or obvious... (Watch the safety play..... I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a screen right to Gurley.....but he gets out late and the DL was released too quickly....).
But the one thing the Bears allowed was the quick 5-7 yd. comeback to Cooks. I would have taken it all night until they adjusted. Anybody watch the Eagles and Cowboys......I would bet that Brandon Cooks (and probably Robert Woods and maybe Josh Reynolds....) are faster than Amare Cooper. And they couldn't stay with him deep (or the Dallas rookie wide out.....). They will start the same way. But use it. Don't get anxious. Take what is given. Once they adjust. Move on to next option. Sometimes "imposing our will" gets in our way. The Eagles will open up w/ their backers and safeties tight to stop the run and their CBs on an island. Make that defense spread out and then utilize Gurley. (I still like that play on the goal line where we have trips right and all slant in and Gurley goes to flat "picking off" his coverage in a natural pick.....). Make them adjust.
It's just my thoughts...….

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s a mystery, why the game plan wasn’t adjusted against the Bears. I too would like to see more versatility in the game plan.

Also, I’m seeing Seattle’s defense looking pretty damn good. Don’t they run a base Cover 3? Pete doesn’t change it up much. Why aren’t more teams copying him. Seattle doesn’t have great defensive personnel outside of Wagner.