What I would do Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
This is my second to last mock. My next mock will be a prediction mock. This is my last one for what I would do if I were drafting for the Rams.

Sign:
- Alex Carrington DT Buffalo- Young talented DT who provides much needed DT depth. Fits Waufle's mold of a defensive lineman.

- Shaun Hill QB Detroit- One of the best backup QBs in the league. Fills a much needed hole behind Bradford.

- Kenny Britt WR Tennessee- One year prove it deal. If he can play to his abilities then we win big.

- Harvey Dahl OG St Louis (dependent on health)- Knows the system, and solid when healthy.

Trade:
- Isaiah Pead to Denver for Ronnie Hillman

-Trade picks 13, 75, and a 2015 5th to Minnesota for pick 8

Note- I used CBS's round projections when doing my picks, so if you comment that player x won't be there for that pick, just know I wasn't the one projecting them there.
Draft:
Round 1 Pick 2- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- A true number 1 WR when developed. As a freshman he was a first team All American joining Herschel Walker, Marshall Faulk, and Adrian Peterson as the only others to achieve that. Has great speed and quickness. Can play physical as well. Catches with his hands extended from his body. Highly productive. Is known to be very driven.

Round 1 Pick 8- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- Very quick, athletic, technically sound. Will protect the passer. Can line up anywhere on the line. Is a positive in the run game. With an NFL diet and strength program he will improve his strength leaving no real flaws to his game. Plug and play player for the next 10+ years.

Round 2 Pick 12- Jimmie Ward FS Northern Illinois- Athletic and productive. Can line up in multiple spots on defense. Has a nose for the ball. Creates turnovers. Has great speed and quickness for a safety. Slightly undersized, but can easily add muscle to get to 200 lbs.

Round 4 Pick 10- EJ Gaines CB Missouri- Productive SEC CB. Can line up outside and in the slot. Very good athlete. Would be picked higher in most other drafts.

Round 5 Pick 13- Antone Exum DB Virginia Tech- Big CB/FS tweener. Played at a high level at Virginia Tech, but has endured injuries which has drove down his draft stock.

Round 6 Pick 12- Brandon Thomas OG Clemson- A second round talent available late due to knee tear in private workouts. Redshirt him for a year and plug him in at LG.

Round 6 Pick 38- Michael Sam DE Missouri- Hayes and Simms are free agents after the season, Sam would have a year to develop before getting thrown into the rotation. Sam is a better football player than athlete.

Round 7 Pick 12- Garrett Gilbert QB SMU- Great arm talent. Was terrible at Texas, and finally put things together his last year at SMU. Has the physical ability of a much higher pick. Needs to be developed.

Round 7 Pick 26- Henry Josey RB Missouri- A great candidate for the change of pace back. Very fast and agile. Had great college production. Gruesome knee injury tanked his draft status.

Round 7 Pick 34- Colt Lyerla TE Oregon- Taking a flier on a talented player. Off the field issues with Lyerla, but has starter potential.

Round 7 Pick 35- James Morris LB Iowa- Very productive at Iowa and showed great athleticism at his pro-day.

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Zac Stacy
FB- Corey Harkey
TE- Jared Cook
TE- Lance Kendricks
WR- Sammy Watkins
WR- Tavon Austin
WR- Stedman Bailey
LT- Jake Long
LG- Joe Barksdake/Harvey Dahl/Barrett Jones
C- Scott Wells/Barrett Jones
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Jake Matthews

DE- Robert Quinn
DE- Chris Long
DT- Kendall Langford
DT- Michael Brockers
WLB- Alec Ogletree
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SLB- Jo-Lonn Dunbar
CB- Janoris Jenkins
CB- Trumaine Johnson
CB- Rodney McLeod/EJ Gaines/Brandon McGee/Greg Reid
FS- Jimmie Ward
SS- TJ McDonald

K- Greg Zuerline
P- Johnny Heckker

RGIII Trade Returns:
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rok Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedman Bailey
Zac Stacy
Sammy Watkins

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like a lot of the players you have. The only exception would be for me is to take Evans over Watkins

SierraRam

Recreational User
Watkins and Matthews round 1!!!!!!!

Ward and Gaines complete the secondary

Sam & Thomas in the 6th

What's NOT to like? Outstanding mock!

Memphis Ram

Legend
May I ask why u would take evans over Watkins?? Just curious is all.

Wasn't asking me, but 6'5", 231 lbs WRs with 35 1/8" arms, a 37" vertical, great hands, and can run a 4.53/40 are rare talents. Couple that with Evans being one of the better blocking WRs in this draft, and he's a perfect fit. Manziel would just run around and throw the ball in his area and with the HUGE catching radius, he'd come down with the football time and time again down the field.

Watkins? He does a lot of the same things Tavon Austin already does, IMO. 57.43% of his completions on screen passes? 70% of his receptions within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Wasn't asking me, but 6'5", 231 lbs WRs with 35 1/8" arms, a 37" vertical, great hands, and can run a 4.53/40 are rare talents. Couple that with Evans being one of the better blocking WRs in this draft, and he's a perfect fit. Manziel would just run around and throw the ball in his area and with the HUGE catching radius, he'd come down with the football time and time again down the field.

Watkins? He does a lot of the same things Tavon Austin already does, IMO. 57.43% of his completions on screen passes? 70% of his receptions within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage?

Time will tell on these two guys. Evans wasn't even in the conversation at first, but the more I research him, the more I see your points. They'll be compared to each other for a long time - but if we go receiver, I'm still with Watkins. 4.43 and a whole lotta 'tude. I don't usually compare, but I like the "fast Anquan Boldin" reference. Tavon's is a slot receiver - Watkins is a Z. They are similar in that they both play at warp speed.

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef

i like both but im not giving up on Quick yet. i feel that evans and quick are a little similar and the thought of having both tavon and watkins speed on offense is ridiculous. i have no problem with evans, in fact i wouldnt mind that pick if sammy isnt there but in this mock at number 2 i wouldnt reach for evans.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
May I ask why u would take evans over Watkins?? Just curious is all.

Basically everything Memphis said. I think Evans is the better player and a perfect fit for this offense. Also not sure Memphis included this or not but the reception percentage on throws 20 yards + downfield is staggering in Evans' favor.

Also there is still a high ceiling with Evans, he has a lot of room to get better.

Nothing against Watkins and I think he will be a fine player but he does a lot of same things Austin does and it would be a little redundant to use a high pick on Watkins.