1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What happens when disciplinary actions are taken?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Anonymous, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Anonymous Guest

So it's not injuries? :tooth:

2. -X- I'm the dude, man.

You know they benched MSW, Leber, Salas, Pettis, Dahl, and Gibson at one point too, right?

Oversimplification.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [​IMG]

3. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Sure I agree accountability can be a good tool. I just don't know how you make the distinction between a player being benched for "poor production" (e.g., drops) and being benched due to discipline. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. In the case of Bell, it seems like he was benched for the very same things that the receivers were doing. Stupid stuff. Wrong routes, drops, lining up wrong, etc.

That's why Leber was benched. Poor gap control. That's why Gibson (Gary, not Brandon) was benched. Anyway, I agree that holding them accountable by way of pulling them from games can, and does, send a message. I just don't think this is anything new. It's just surprising that it was Bell (a higher profile player). Saffold is still having issues even after the berating he got from Jackson too, so maybe he'll need a more continuous dose? I dunno. At some point these guys just have to be the professionals their paid to be.

How much of this is due to the halving of the practice times brought upon by the new CBA? If nothing else, this was the worst possible time to cut the practice schedule in half. With a new offensive system and all. Bad, bad timing.

4. -X- I'm the dude, man.

And yeah, that's cute too.

At some point (maybe through diligent re-reading), you'll understand I said it was only part of the problem.

5. superfan24 Well-Known Member

Kinda of weird that players have to have a benching to open their eyes???? Like they shouldn't play motivated every game

6. -X- I'm the dude, man.

That was Knoll's philosophy - players should be self-motivated. That "rah-rah" crap was also frowned upon by him. HNB had a cool video about that. If he pops in and reads this thread, hopefully he'll post it again.