What happens when disciplinary actions are taken?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know they benched MSW, Leber, Salas, Pettis, Dahl, and Gibson at one point too, right?

Oversimplification.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
mobile.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
You know they benched MSW, Leber, Salas, Pettis, Dahl, and Gibson at one point too, right?

Oversimplification.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
mobile.png

Yes, even though I wouldnt call Gibson, Salas or Pettis as benched due to discipline. It was due to production.

I am talking about a starter who has NEVER NOT START as a Ram when healthy. A starter who blocked well all season but had a COSTLY mental lapse that lead to a HUGE momentum shift for the opposing team.

After MSW was released drops went down and WR production went up.

I think the metal laspe of the offensive line needed to be address and a pop on the hand opened the eyes.

Saffold was asked DIRECTLY on Zach and the Coach if the benching had an effect.

His exact words.....YES

Said it was an eye opener. And thats what discipline do....it open your eyes and get asses in line

not oversimplification.....its justification that discipline works when players are undiscipline.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that the OL penalties will decrease after the benching. Just like Saffold got his act together after SJ39 SCOLDED him in front peers during a nationally televised game
Sure I agree accountability can be a good tool. I just don't know how you make the distinction between a player being benched for "poor production" (e.g., drops) and being benched due to discipline. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. In the case of Bell, it seems like he was benched for the very same things that the receivers were doing. Stupid stuff. Wrong routes, drops, lining up wrong, etc.

That's why Leber was benched. Poor gap control. That's why Gibson (Gary, not Brandon) was benched. Anyway, I agree that holding them accountable by way of pulling them from games can, and does, send a message. I just don't think this is anything new. It's just surprising that it was Bell (a higher profile player). Saffold is still having issues even after the berating he got from Jackson too, so maybe he'll need a more continuous dose? I dunno. At some point these guys just have to be the professionals their paid to be.

How much of this is due to the halving of the practice times brought upon by the new CBA? If nothing else, this was the worst possible time to cut the practice schedule in half. With a new offensive system and all. Bad, bad timing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
So it's not injuries? :tooth:
And yeah, that's cute too.

At some point (maybe through diligent re-reading), you'll understand I said it was only part of the problem.

superfan24

Starter
Kinda of weird that players have to have a benching to open their eyes???? Like they shouldn't play motivated every game

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
superfan24 said:
Kinda of weird that players have to have a benching to open their eyes???? Like they shouldn't play motivated every game
That was Knoll's philosophy - players should be self-motivated. That "rah-rah" shit was also frowned upon by him. HNB had a cool video about that. If he pops in and reads this thread, hopefully he'll post it again.