What ever happened with Stetson Bennet?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Even if the pick is a bust, we had a pretty damn good draft!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah, used to college girls giving him head for 7 years and suddenly having to look at older women doing it. Must be depressing for him. Although I'm pretty sure the older women would be much better at it. And look much better doing it.

Trust me, older women are much, much better at it.

Sincerely,

Zach Wilson

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its starting to look like a draft whiff. It happens. Whiffing on a 4th round pick is not make or break. Time to move on and address the backup situation again. I just hope its a guy with NFL experience and not a noodle arm project.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bennett sighting?

Chilling Pool Party GIF by League of Legends

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So then we shouldn't have called Lawrence Phillips a bad pick because he had personal problems?

Lawrence Phillips' personal problems broke the law, he has long since not played for the Rams, and he's dead. Totally different circumstances.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lawrence Phillips' personal problems broke the law, he has long since not played for the Rams, and he's dead. Totally different circumstances.

WTF ? - exactly!! How can you even compare the 2 players.

Lawrence Phillips drug a ex girlfriend down steps of stairs by the hair & physically beat her.

Johnny Football is comparable.His Vegas runs & breaking his GF’s eardrum.He was a coke fen more than drinking.

Tano

Legend
Its starting to look like a draft whiff. It happens. Whiffing on a 4th round pick is not make or break. Time to move on and address the backup situation again. I just hope its a guy with NFL experience and not a noodle arm project.
John Wolford is hurt by your comment

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Of course if we didn't take Bennett, that would have changed the whole perspective of the draft and maybe we don't get Puka.
Or imagine after they drafted Bennett, that Puka goes late 4th instead of the 5th. The Rams would have missed out on a talent Luke Puka for a, at best, career back up QB.

That kind of puts in perspective how bad that pick was. Fortunately Puka, and fir that matter, Davis Allen were still around in the 5th after fumbling that 4th so badley.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
WTF ? - exactly!! How can you even compare the 2 players.

Lawrence Phillips drug a ex girlfriend down steps of stairs by the hair & physically beat her.

Johnny Football is comparable.His Vegas runs & breaking his GF’s eardrum.He was a coke fen more than drinking.
The comparison is separating the off the field issues with whether it was a bad pick or not.

As unfortunate as Bennett's issues may be, it was still a pick I didn't get when it happened. He has a low ceiling and a 4th round pick is still very valuable. Just look at the talent they got in the 5th. Luckily, that pick didn't cause them to miss out on a guy like Puka. Now, I wonder who they missed out on had they used that pick elsewhere.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or imagine after they drafted Bennett, that Puka goes late 4th instead of the 5th. The Rams would have missed out on a talent Luke Puka for a, at best, career back up QB.

That kind of puts in perspective how bad that pick was. Fortunately Puka, and for that matter, Davis Allen were still around in the 5th after fumbling that 4th so badley.
By this logic every WR pick taken prior to Puka, heck most draft picks prior to Puka, were a mistake.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The comparison is separating the off the field issues with whether it was a bad pick or not.

As unfortunate as Bennett's issues may be, it was still a pick I didn't get when it happened. He has a low ceiling and a 4th round pick is still very valuable. Just look at the talent they got in the 5th. Luckily, that pick didn't cause them to miss out on a guy like Puka. Now, I wonder who they missed out on had they used that pick elsewhere.

We can't hit every pick in a draft, and I didn't like the pick either. But the guy needs compassion more at the moment. He hasn't hurt anyone but himself; Lawrence Phillips hurt many other people. Right now, Stetson needs help, and I'm willing to set aside my dislike for the pick for the person he is.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We can't hit every pick in a draft, and I didn't like the pick either. But the guy needs compassion more at the moment. He hasn't hurt anyone but himself; Lawrence Phillips hurt many other people. Right now, Stetson needs help, and I'm willing to set aside my dislike for the pick for the person he is.
I am not blaming him for being picked. And I don’t get tying the decision to draft him with the guys problems, yet you and a few others keep doing that. I feel bad for the guy, but all I did was say I didn't get the pick. Nothing more.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I am not blaming him for being picked. And I don’t get tying the decision to draft him with the guys problems, yet you and a few others keep doing that. I feel bad for the guy, but all I did was say I didn't get the pick. Nothing more.

Fair. I just think that the last thing we need to do is talk about the pick over the person. It wasn't the best, but our draft is still amazing, even with it. We can't hit on every pick, no matter how much we want to.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
My only problem with the pick is that it is now obvious that the rams did not do enough of a deep dive into the Bennett and I just hope they learned from it. I am still holding out hope that he gets his act together even if he never plays a down in the NFL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Aidan O’Connel he was a QB I really liked.

Bought in Les & Mcvay saying how smart they were.

So you want to know what could’ve been worse is if they gave up that pick to move up to draft Bennett.That’s how much they wanted him.