What Eagles Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
This morning (10:25 am eastern)on the "Angelo Cataldi and the Morning Team" (WIP):

"Jared Goff, to me, is an impostor." ~ some guy named Jon (Ritchie?). No one disagreed with him. Yeah, so much better than the Fanatic...:jerkoff:

Hey I don’t provide the content. I do generally think that station is much better. I am sure they aren’t hoping for injuries. Jon Ritchie is a former NFL fullback who played for the Raiders then the Eagles back in 2004. If he said that then I think he hasn’t been paying attention to the Rams. I have and I think that he’s shown enough to earn a lot more respect than that. If the Eagles think this, they are in trouble.
Remember radio shows are in the hype business. They are trying to get people stirred up one way or the other.
Neither Gofff nor Wentz are imposters. Both have a great chance at long successful careers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey I don’t provide the content. I do generally think that station is much better. I am sure they aren’t hoping for injuries. Jon Ritchie is a former NFL fullback who played for the Raiders then the Eagles back in 2004. If he said that then I think he hasn’t been paying attention to the Rams. I have and I think that he’s shown enough to earn a lot more respect than that. If the Eagles think this, they are in trouble.
Remember radio shows are in the hype business. They are trying to get people stirred up one way or the other.
Neither Gofff nor Wentz are imposters. Both have a great chance at long successful careers.
I take you at your word, but I also hear multiple broadcasting teams on radio at both the Fanatic and WIP saying similar things...pretty much that the Rams and their fans are impostors, and that they can come over and take over the Coliseum whenever they want....This is why people hate Philly when they are winning.

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
"We're gonna take over the LA Coliseum" ~WIP on-air personalities. They have these on recorded spots on the "main" Philly Sports station:
"It must suck to be the second most popular team in your own stadium."

Yeah, they are fair and respectful...lol

This is straight up good natured fun and is to be taken as such. I only listened for 5 minutes this morning and someone called in trying to make a fire reference. They couldn’t have dumped him quicker saying we are not going there and there is nothing funny about what is going on out there with that.

I’m not here to defend a radio station. I do know however that it’s “my team is better than your team” bravado. Nothing more than that.

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
I take you at your word, but I also hear multiple broadcasting teams on radio at both the Fanatic and WIP saying similar things...pretty much that the Rams and their fans are impostors, and that they can come over and take over the Coliseum whenever they want....This is why people hate Philly when they are winning.

Are you a real fan? My guess is yes. So you are not an imposter. There has long been this notion that the people out in LA don’t really care about sports, in this case football like they do I’m Philly or NY etc. Its cited as the main reason the team left. Now that doesn’t mean that the diehard fans don’t care as much. I’m certain they do. It’s more a take on the empty seats when the team is really good.
My opinion is that it’s still new for a lot of people and it will take some time and some winning to get to where they are packing the place. If the script were flipped we’d be hearing the same thing from out there.
There will be a lot of Eagles fans there. It will be nothing like the Chargers game in the soccer stadium. If the same amount show up, it will be a fraction of the % that we’re at that game. The Coliseum is a huge place.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Classless bastards! Lets lower the boom and rain on their parade!
giphy.gif

cf4aa18e-c038-4ac5-970e-bc8a0b39344b-jpeg.23125

By the end of the game they'll be like...
200w.gif

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

You know, this may be the kind of game where Gurley takes over. He always played his best in big games in college, whether it be Alabama, Clemson, Florida, etc. Everyone has been talking about Goff v Wentz and Todd's also been hearing a lot about the Eagles #1 run defense. It would be nice to see him break a couple long ones as a way of hitting the defense in the mouth. Hopefully Brown or Dunbar are good to go so we can use TG more in the running game this week.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you a real fan? My guess is yes. So you are not an imposter. There has long been this notion that the people out in LA don’t really care about sports, in this case football like they do I’m Philly or NY etc. Its cited as the main reason the team left. Now that doesn’t mean that the diehard fans don’t care as much. I’m certain they do. It’s more a take on the empty seats when the team is really good.
My opinion is that it’s still new for a lot of people and it will take some time and some winning to get to where they are packing the place. If the script were flipped we’d be hearing the same thing from out there.
There will be a lot of Eagles fans there. It will be nothing like the Chargers game in the soccer stadium. If the same amount show up, it will be a fraction of the % that we’re at that game. The Coliseum is a huge place.

You see, this has been reported in multiple places in California, which is the fact that the Rams reduced a 90,000 seat LA Coliseum max capacity to a 65,000 max capacity in 2017. It was done so because of parking problems (not enough spaces) and the lack of NFL standard bathroom facilities & the lack of the ability to provide bottled water/concessions in a timely manner (long lines). For guys whose business it is to report the facts about the NFL as to why the stadium looks so empty, is a poor job by them. It would help if Stan Kroenke would pay for tarping off the closed sections so that this lazy assessment of fan support could be less easy to say.
The Rams put frigging 90,000 people in the stand for the first PreSeason game in LA, for God's sake!!!!!

Aside from the seating issues, that's secondary to me. What really pizzes me off is that the Eagles on Philly sports radio are so far superior to the LA Rams, that the only reason for the Rams winning must be that the Eagles played poorly...You can see it from common Iggles fans as well as on-air douchebags.

Last edited:

JK1965

UDFA
Name
John
You see, this has been reported in multiple places in California, which is the fact that the Rams reduced a 90,000 seat LA Coliseum max capacity to a 65,000 max capacity in 2017. It was done so because of parking problems (not enough spaces) and the lack of NFL standard bathroom facilities & the lack of bottled water. For guys whose business it is to report the facts about the NFL as to why the stadium looks so empty, is a poor job by them. It would help if Stan Kroenke would pay for tarping off the closed sections so that this lazy assessment of fan support could be less easy to say.
The Rams put frigging 90,000 people in the stand for the first PreSeason game in LA, for God's sake!!!!!

Aside from the seating issues, that's secondary to me. What really pizzes me off is that the Eagles on Philly sports radio are so far superior to the LA Rams, that the only reason for the Rams winning must be that the Eagles played poorly...You can see it from common Iggles fans as well as on-air douchebags.

Makes sense on the attendance thing. They should close off those sections.

I can’t speak for all fans of course but not a single person I’ve talked to is taking this game lightly. Everywhere I go people are talking about the team and the game. As I said I’m a previous post it’s a HUGE deal here.

I think any objective football fan can see that the Rams are very good. I guess objective is the word though. We’re always going to have those who lack this.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would help if Stan Kroenke would pay for tarping off the closed sections so that this lazy assessment of fan support could be less easy to say.
Is that a fact? I believe USC tarps off games, and obviously the Rams wouldnt want tarps with USC on them. So has Kroenke declined buying tarps? Never heard this before

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes sense on the attendance thing. They should close off those sections.

I can’t speak for all fans of course but not a single person I’ve talked to is taking this game lightly. Everywhere I go people are talking about the team and the game. As I said I’m a previous post it’s a HUGE deal here.

I think any objective football fan can see that the Rams are very good. I guess objective is the word though. We’re always going to have those who lack this.
As always, for out of town fans listening and watching representatives of Philadelphia, PA sports media, we make our opinions based on the content we get from those media sources. We also hear about the rabid homer fans, who say predictable things. You say your POV is the norm, instead of what we hear everyday (for those listening), ok...

In LA, we are competing with Raiders and Chargers fan boy media who are considered the "Rams station(s)" reporting for the Rams. They have also been almost haters until about Week Four this year, so loyal Ram's fans get cr@p from all sides and are therefore touchy a bit I guess....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is that a fact? I believe USC tarps off games, and obviously the Rams wouldnt want tarps with USC on them. So has Kroenke declined buying tarps? Never heard this before

It's true that without tarps, the sweeping views of huge sections of LA Coliseum with few fans, makes it look no-one likes the Rams in LA by visuals. I am assuming that there are no tarps out there with the Rams logo, is because they don't exist and that the only person responsible for the lack of them would Stan Kroenke, no?

It is also a fact that the Rams will only sell 65,000 seats instead of 90,000 seats, which has been widely reported.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/7ibd9k/map_of_la_coliseum_proximity_to_wildfires/

Map of LA Coliseum proximity to wildfires

t7j0Z_2I-J7A-ZwJ51A8ajRbP9CTzaTmpeETX1dbgUg.jpg

-------------
It's not going to affect the game at all. Air quality in my hood (close to DTLA) was much better today. I can see some smoke in the distance, but it was clear and sunny here.
-------------
It's not bad here. I live near stadium and have been running each morning with out noticing any issues.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/7i7kw5/fox_searching_for_rams_fans_for_sundays_eagles/

Fox searching for Rams fans for Sunday's Eagles game

See this is just pathetic. They know that we're about to create another home game for ourselves and they're going to hire people to stand there and cheer for the Rams for TV? What a joke.

I hope the Eagles fans going completely drown out whatever starving actors they dig up to pretend to be LA Rams fans. Just pathetic.
------------
The LA Rams fans aren’t slouches tho, idk why they’re doing this.... FOX is tripping.

I’ve been to Rams tailgates and they’ve been top notch and full of old school Rams fans.... this is embarrassing

My man, I live in LA. I know what I’m talking about.... chargers fans are basically non existent but the Rams fans are legit trust me
-----------
Sorry but y’all are reaching. This is a casting call and they’re looking for TV friendly people, not a cry that no fans will be there.

I’m a season ticket holder, and there are a lot of us that love this team and show up. The visiting team always has a contingent of fans, but we never get drowned out in our own building.
-----------
Do you really think that there’s going to be too few Rams fans to find anyone to be on TV? Honestly.
----------
No there's just gonna be so many Eagles fans
----------
At the very worst it'll be 50/50. I've been to every game. Home side is all Rams fans. Visitors is away fans with pockets of Rams fans. Everyone really underestimates how many Ram fans will be there.
------------
As long as Goff has to use silent count and Wentz can operate freely, I don’t care what it looks like on TV

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Football is about all you have to look forward to if you live in southeastern PA. The rest of the week you mine coal, churn butter and make moonshine.

Surfdog67

UDFA
I was over at the Eagles MB and the prevailing opinion is that Their #1 rush D will stop Gurley and when you stop Gurley, you stop the Rams, (according to them). There is also a lot of talk about how they are going to rip our 27th ranked rush D to shreds. I couldn't help myself, so I registered and posted that our rush D is ranked 27th based on large amount of yards we gave up through the first half of the Dallas game and since then, Philps has righted the ship with our rush D ranking 12th in the league. No response yet from anyone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am assuming that there are no tarps out there with the Rams logo, is because they don't exist and that the only person responsible for the lack of them would Stan Kroenke, no?
But you dont know that to be true, just taking a wild guess and putting blame at Kroenke. That's bush league IMO. The dude spares no expense with this team, why he would draw the line at tarps is non sensical.
Yes, it is a fact that the stadium was not feasible for 90k so they reduced the number to 65k.
The tarps? Who knows

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But you dont know that to be true, just taking a wild guess and putting blame at Kroenke. That's bush league IMO. The dude spares no expense with this team, why he would draw the line at tarps is non sensical.
Yes, it is a fact that the stadium was not feasible for 90k so they reduced the number to 65k.
The tarps? Who knows

Bush league? wtf man...

If someone besides Kroenke is making the decision not to tarp the LA Coliseum to make the 25,000 empty seats disappear in a clean finished look, then that person needs to be fired immediately. It looks like hell in a pan look of the complete stadium. If USC has tarps that they use during game time, that tells me that the Coliseum owners/officials can't be against the Rams doing the same, right? Are you kidding me?