What draft picks do we have exactly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Sorry I'm a bit confused about what we traded away, although I know it was a boat load.

Exactly how many draft picks do we have this year?

And in what rounds are they?

And what positions do you feel we should use them on?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th. We should get a comp pick for Jenkins for Rd. 3. That would mean we ship the comp pick to Tenn. and keep our original. We should also get a 4th for McLeod. That would then give us 2nd,3rd,2-4ths, 5th , 6th and 7th

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I want a center somewhere in those three picks through rounds 4-5. Also gotta reload the secondary a bit, and get a good wideout if possible.

Not a bad lineup of picks tbh if they make the most of them.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th. We should get a comp pick for Jenkins for Rd. 3. That would mean we ship the comp pick to Tenn. and keep our original. We should also get a 4th for McLeod. That would then give us 2nd,3rd,2-4ths, 5th , 6th and 7th

Wait, if we get comped a 3rd we get the original pick back? I had no idea. That's gangster. That's going to be a good pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on the projected comp picks:
2nd
3rd
4th
4th (comp)
5th
6th
6th (comp)
7th

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Based on the projected comp picks:
2nd
3rd
4th
4th (comp)
5th
6th
6th (comp)
7th

So am I to read this as we get a 4th for JJ and a 6th for McCloud? Just Asking

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Wait, if we get comped a 3rd we get the original pick back? I had no idea. That's gangster. That's going to be a good pick.
Yes. The deal was made with the caveat that if we got a 3rd rd. comp, that is the pick they would get

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I fully agree on your point of NOT drafting for future potential. We have a knack for those picks to not ever reach potential, or to reach it just in time for their free agency.
We need to draft players who appear to be able to be above average from the get go, or at least half way into their first season. No more Brian Quicks.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Also, sadly this comes up every year because we're not a very good team, but I will not be upset if we lose to the Cardinals, because of draft pick status. And yes I know there are strong opinions on the subject of winning verse getting a better draft pick. As always, I'm not saying we should throw the game. I'm saying I would actually be relieved if we ended up 4-12.

We currently sit at the #5 pick in the 2nd round. I'd hate to win a game and drop to #8, 9 or 10.
Because of not having a #1 pick, we NEED that early 2nd round talent.

Anyone?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Use first 4 picks on skill aquire meat through F.A and use the last pics as depth, insurance or high upside

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sorry I'm a bit confused about what we traded away, although I know it was a boat load.

Exactly how many draft picks do we have this year?

And in what rounds are they?

And what positions do you feel we should use them on?
We have none. The Goff trade crippled our draft for a decade.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Also, sadly this comes up every year because we're not a very good team, but I will not be upset if we lose to the Cardinals, because of draft pick status. And yes I know there are strong opinions on the subject of winning verse getting a better draft pick. As always, I'm not saying we should throw the game. I'm saying I would actually be relieved if we ended up 4-12.

We currently sit at the #5 pick in the 2nd round. I'd hate to win a game and drop to #8, 9 or 10.

Anyone?

I'd rather see Goff experience a W on this level. It's got to boost his confidence a little.

Rams have been milking the draft position cow for some time now and gotten little out of it.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Compensation picks are not apart of any trades so they still get our original pick we keep the comp pick

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Compensation picks are not apart of any trades so they still get our original pick we keep the comp pick
That changed this year. Comp picks used to not be traded, but this year forward they can be.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Anyone?
Win all day every day regardless, never root for a loss :p

Also as a side note if we did win at worst we'd drop right now to 7th from 5th. We're tied with the Jets at 4-11 the only 2 teams there. The only team at 5-10 is the Chargers. Bengals are next at 5-9-1. So the worst we would drop is 2 spots depending on SOS. As for losing it's the same we could only move up at most 2 spots depending on SOS with 2 teams at 3-12 the Bears and Jags. We want to win though especially since it's vs those dirty birds in the desert.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That changed this year. Comp picks used to not be traded, but this year forward they can be.
That's makes it better since our 3rd pick would be better then the comp pick

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'd rather see Goff experience a W on this level. It's got to boost his confidence a little.

You make a great point sir. I can't argue with that. A win for Goff would be nice. Looks like I'll be fine with either outcome then.